Boeing

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kent, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

Interview Details – The on-site interview with Boeing was overall a good experience. They didn't bother with a phone interview, and set something up for 1.5 hours on-site. The initial call and email to set up the interview was formal and well-organized and included where to pick up the badge, a map of the buildings on campus, and a list of the interviewers. They used a structural interview format with predetermined questions that 3 interviewers took turns asking. There was only a small opportunity to learn about the position during the last 10 minutes of the interview. There was also a few minutes at the start of the interview to tell them specifically why you'd be a good candidate. Point being, just realize the bulk of the interview really is structured, so be prepared to take advantage of the small windows of opportunity to really get your point across.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked with a challenging coworker.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in September 2010.

Interview Details – One 30 minute behavioral interview with standard questions (same question given to all candidates). The questions were very typical behavioral questions and can be found in any list of common interview questions. The interviewers read the question out loud and then took notes while they listened to my answer. In total, it was a little less than 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something unexpected happened. How did you respond?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker or teammate.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I haven't decided yet actually.

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in August 2009.

Interview Details – The day of my interview, I checked in with the front desk to get a badge to get into the facility. The interview was conducted by a manager and two senior Project Managers. To answer questions I had to answer by describing the situation then what I did to correct the situation and what was the final outcome. Overall I didn't find the process to be too difficult, however I could see where some might struggle.

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you were able to meet the deadline of a project while being assessed to multiple teams   Answer Question

Long Beach, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in March 2008.

Interview Details – You interview with multiple managers that are within the group you are applying to. Each takes turns asking questions. They always seem to have at least 2 people in there for the interview. I applied for the job in April and didn't interview until June and wasn't hired until September.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since it was my first job I didn't negotiate because it was more than I expected and more than the other job had offered me.

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone for an engineering position. A group of 5 was on the other end! Asked me your basic behavioral questions related to the position and how it will help you succeed. 3 fairly simple technical questions (describe these terms/concepts as best you can).

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I applied online through the BESS System in June. The position closed at the end of June. Made sure my resume and job experience matched what the position required in the competencies section. (I have heard that BESS weeds out the resumes based on keywords and less than 1% of resumes submitted make it to the hiring manager, again just what I heard from others. I also heard that if you just copy/paste the competencies into your resume it automatically gets tossed.)

Two weeks after I applied I received an email to fill out an employment application online. I did, and included my current salary/position etc. One week later I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule a 1 hour structured phone interview and he even attached a pdf with sample STAR interview questions to help me prepare. I scheduled the interview for a week or so after I got that email. The interview was supposed to last one hour but lasted about 1 1/2 hours. There were no technical questions asked. Only STAR interview questions that were right off the competencies. The interviewers were the hiring manager, the department lead, and a senior engineer. They took turns, and asked 5 questions total.

One month later I was invited to visit the site via an email from the hiring manager. I spent 3 hours meeting everyone on the team I would be working with, seeing the different buildings and processes and learning about what I would be working on. Also, they PAID for flight, hotel, car, and reimbursed for food and gas. (I've read where others have paid this out of pocket without being reimbursed, why would you do that? If they won't pay for your flight/hotel then at the minimum get it reimbursed.) The site visit was on a Friday. The very next Monday I was given a contingent offer. I have heard that this process differs by position (engineering, labor, HR etc) location, department, group, and need and at an average takes 3-5 weeks for an offer to be made.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. This was a structured interview using the STAR interview method. To abide by their policies I cannot say verbatim what the questions were. But I can tell you that, at least for this position, every question was based on the competencies and were geared to find out how I work with others and deal with certain situations.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – So I'm not sure why Boeing's engineering salaries are so low. I was actually blown away by how poor this offer was. They offered me 30% less than my current salary. How do you even negotiate that? How do they come up with these so called "market" rates and what engineers are actually taking these offers? I negotiated back and they didn't even come up at all. What level 2 engineer would take 70k? I made 72k coming out of college as an entry level engineer. Don't get me wrong, Boeing is an amazing company to work for, they have awesome programs and great people. But you can work for a small to mid-sized aerospace or defense company and make WAY better money, plus get comparable benefits and bonuses and still work on cool programs. Unless you are desperate for a job, keep applying to other places that will pay you what you are worth.

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a conference phone interview with 2 senior employers. The interview consisted of 4 behavior questions and lasted about half an hour. Nothing technical. They said I would receive the decision within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you motivated other team members to complete a task   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewers were very cordial. Asked questions and wrote down the answers. There was hardly any conversation.The questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – How has your education prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview from a career fair. Had an on-campus interview the next day. The interview was a standard large company behavioral interview. The two interviewers read from a script and wrote down my response. They were very friendly and it wasn't overly stressful.

Interview Questions

Engineer

Interview Details – Was first contacted previous semester for an accelerated hiring networking event, then invited to apply to an exclusive req the following semester. Invited to an on-campus panel interview with a recent grad, a hiring manager, recruiter, and VP. All behavioral questions, leaving plenty of time for me to ask detailed questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to lead a team   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing