Boeing Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Very generic interview with only four or five impersonal questions.

Questions were about previous work experience or about how you would handle a situation or experience.

I believe the interview followed the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Engineer Interview

I had submitted resumes for multiple positions but heard nothing. Months later I received an email that there was a contractor position available. A telephone interview was set up

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were technical and relevant to the job I would be doing. No STAR type questions.   Answer Question
    Accepted the offer

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Boeing in September 2013.

I hired through the accelerated hiring program. I interviewed with three employees that had graduated from my college. They asked five standard behavioral interview questions. The first was why I believed I was qualified for the job. The next two were about how well I work with people from different backgrounds. And the last two were about how my previous work experience.
    The interview was about an hour long. It was pretty involved. It definitely helped that I had met two out of three of my interviewers and had lengthy conversations with them before my interview (at a networking event and the career fair).

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding when I had worked with people of different backgrounds kind of threw me off because even though it's something I do everyday, it's not something I actively think about so I couldn't think of a specific scenario to tell them.   Answer Question
    No opportunity to negotiation as an intern. Just an offer letter.

Engineer Interview

Got flown half way across the country to interview with two different groups. The hiring manager in the first group literally said "we don't know what to talk about" as we sat down in the conference room. Absolutely ridiculous interview! Waste of their money, and worse, my time!

Interview Questions
    • The second hiring manager spent all the 1 hour interview telling me about the position instead of gauging my technical ability in design or design software. No idea why they even had me flown out! Extremely unprofessional!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2013.

Just some hints I wish I knew when I first started applying:

- Boeing does NOT have any way of getting around the online application process. You apply online. I have family and friends who work there. I met some of the management at a picnic. All said the same thing, there is no longer a "Good old boys" type networking. You have to apply for the jobs online.

- One caveat, if you go t a career fair at your university or one open to those in your community, you may be able to get a special requisition number for unadvertised jobs if you qualify. This is still all strictly by the books hiring and HR approved. You can't ask your friends for secret req's.

- Apply to as many jobs as you qualify for. Unlike some other companies that may consider you for relevant positions and unlike some other companies that will even disqualify you for applying too much, Boeing encourages applicants to apply to as many jobs as you qualify for. You are only considered for those you apply for. That said, it's a numbers game and some applications take many months to respond. Do not get discouraged. As long as you qualify for them, 50 applications is not unheard of before receiving a response.

- Be completely honest on your background check. They are sticklers for honesty. If anything does not match up--a firing, a missing job, missing education, some criminal record--even if you think it is long ago and forgotten, list it. Disclosure is encouraged, and if anything pops up that you left out, you may not be able to apply again for a set period of time in the years.

-The program you are interviewing for is the program you will be working on. If you are interviewing for the 777, study that program so you can ask some relevant questions. The people you are interviewing with will likely be from your potential team, so don't bother mentioning something about the 747 at a 777 interview. While it's "One Boeing" and you may jump around programs later in your career, you want to stay focused on why you are excited to work on that one program. Be psyched, there are some great programs out there!!

Interview Questions
    • S.T.A.R. style questions -- all easy, just try to think of a ton of relevant anecdotes you can pluck from during the interview. Show your nerdy, technical, interesting and best side with each story.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

Initial meeting was at a career fair and a couple of weeks later I got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I received a call a couple minutes later than the set up time, but everything went smoothly. It was more like having a conversation then going through an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2012.

Started with a phone interview and online personality check. Then proceeded to a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

The on-site interview with Boeing was overall a good experience. They didn't bother with a phone interview, and set something up for 1.5 hours on-site. The initial call and email to set up the interview was formal and well-organized and included where to pick up the badge, a map of the buildings on campus, and a list of the interviewers. They used a structural interview format with predetermined questions that 3 interviewers took turns asking. There was only a small opportunity to learn about the position during the last 10 minutes of the interview. There was also a few minutes at the start of the interview to tell them specifically why you'd be a good candidate. Point being, just realize the bulk of the interview really is structured, so be prepared to take advantage of the small windows of opportunity to really get your point across.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a challenging coworker.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in July 2011.

Quick to setup phone interview. The interview went well and they asked basic questions about my experience and knowledge. It appeared to me that they had already made a decision before the interview even started, simply based upon my cv. They were professional and HR followed up one week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in January 2011.

It was stressful

Interview Questions

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!