Boeing

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.8

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in March 2011.

Interviewed by a few engineers in a conference call. They asked me to describe situations where I had applied Value Stream Mapping, Lean Manufacturing Principles, etc.

They will ask you to elaborate so be prepared!

This was my first phone interview and I did not enjoy it! I will likely do better in future phone interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you applied Value Stream Mapping.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in January 2012.

The interviewers were very cordial. Asked questions and wrote down the answers. There was hardly any conversation.The questions were mostly behavioral.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview was over an audio/visual link with three HR staff. Applied through university and interview was arranged two weeks later. No second interview discussed, candidates chosen on performance at first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boeing in February 2010.

2 interviews. Technical in nature

not pleasant

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Boeing in September 2013.

I hired through the accelerated hiring program. I interviewed with three employees that had graduated from my college. They asked five standard behavioral interview questions. The first was why I believed I was qualified for the job. The next two were about how well I work with people from different backgrounds. And the last two were about how my previous work experience.
    The interview was about an hour long. It was pretty involved. It definitely helped that I had met two out of three of my interviewers and had lengthy conversations with them before my interview (at a networking event and the career fair).

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding when I had worked with people of different backgrounds kind of threw me off because even though it's something I do everyday, it's not something I actively think about so I couldn't think of a specific scenario to tell them.   Answer Question
    No opportunity to negotiation as an intern. Just an offer letter.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in May 2012.

It was a conference phone interview with 2 senior employers. The interview consisted of 4 behavior questions and lasted about half an hour. Nothing technical. They said I would receive the decision within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you motivated other team members to complete a task   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in March 2012.

Started with a phone interview and online personality check. Then proceeded to a face to face interview.

Engineer Interview

Interviewed over the phone for an engineering position. A group of 5 was on the other end! Asked me your basic behavioral questions related to the position and how it will help you succeed. 3 fairly simple technical questions (describe these terms/concepts as best you can).

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

Initial meeting was at a career fair and a couple of weeks later I got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I received a call a couple minutes later than the set up time, but everything went smoothly. It was more like having a conversation then going through an interview.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

Was first contacted previous semester for an accelerated hiring networking event, then invited to apply to an exclusive req the following semester. Invited to an on-campus panel interview with a recent grad, a hiring manager, recruiter, and VP. All behavioral questions, leaving plenty of time for me to ask detailed questions.