Boeing Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.8

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in January 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were very cordial. Asked questions and wrote down the answers. There was hardly any conversation.The questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boeing in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by a few engineers in a conference call. They asked me to describe situations where I had applied Value Stream Mapping, Lean Manufacturing Principles, etc. They will ask you to elaborate so be prepared! This was my first phone interview and I did not enjoy it! I will likely do better in future phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you applied Value Stream Mapping.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Interview was over an audio/visual link with three HR staff. Applied through university and interview was arranged two weeks later. No second interview discussed, candidates chosen on performance at first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with several groups as part of an all day interview. I met with group leaders and then members of the team in mostly 1:1 settings. There were extensive questions about past experience and how I approached problems. The interview day included a facility tour and was followed by dinner with the hiring manager. This was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you estimate the aerodynamic characteristics for (proprietary) program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ak Chin, Pima, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boeing (Ak Chin, Pima, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

very formal everything on time and great location. asked few questions on education and few question on work epxerience very formal everything on time and great location. asked few questions on education and few question on work epxerience

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Boeing in September 2013.

Interview

I hired through the accelerated hiring program. I interviewed with three employees that had graduated from my college. They asked five standard behavioral interview questions. The first was why I believed I was qualified for the job. The next two were about how well I work with people from different backgrounds. And the last two were about how my previous work experience. The interview was about an hour long. It was pretty involved. It definitely helped that I had met two out of three of my interviewers and had lengthy conversations with them before my interview (at a networking event and the career fair).

Interview Questions

• The question regarding when I had worked with people of different backgrounds kind of threw me off because even though it's something I do everyday, it's not something I actively think about so I couldn't think of a specific scenario to tell them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No opportunity to negotiation as an intern. Just an offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boeing (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

2 interviews. Technical in nature

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not pleasant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

You interview with multiple managers that are within the group you are applying to. Each takes turns asking questions. They always seem to have at least 2 people in there for the interview. I applied for the job in April and didn't interview until June and wasn't hired until September.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since it was my first job I didn't negotiate because it was more than I expected and more than the other job had offered me.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

Interview

Initial meeting was at a career fair and a couple of weeks later I got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I received a call a couple minutes later than the set up time, but everything went smoothly. It was more like having a conversation then going through an interview.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed over the phone for an engineering position. A group of 5 was on the other end! Asked me your basic behavioral questions related to the position and how it will help you succeed. 3 fairly simple technical questions (describe these terms/concepts as best you can).