Boeing Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in the Fall of 2014. In January 2015, I got a phone interview. They asked three typical STAR (Situation - Task - Action - Result) questions. Overall, I thought the interview when alright. However, I did not receive any notifications of my status until late April when I learned that an offer had been extended. I then went online and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Chennai (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

SET MA1 = ExponentialMovingAverage(CLOSE,40) SET MA2 = ExponentialMovingAverage(CLOSE,14) CROSSOVER(MA1, MA2) = TRUE Help Us Help The Community Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect during the hiring process. We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site

Interview Questions

• SET MA1 = ExponentialMovingAverage(CLOSE,40) SET MA2 = ExponentialMovingAverage(CLOSE,14) CROSSOVER(MA1, MA2) = TRUE   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2011.

Interview

In a room with two folks - manager and lead engineer. They asked specific questions about job history and relationship to current requisition. The interview took place in a conference room and was very relaxed and low pressure.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about past jobs and relationship to requisition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with several groups as part of an all day interview. I met with group leaders and then members of the team in mostly 1:1 settings. There were extensive questions about past experience and how I approached problems. The interview day included a facility tour and was followed by dinner with the hiring manager. This was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you estimate the aerodynamic characteristics for (proprietary) program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ak Chin, Pima, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Ak Chin, Pima, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

very formal everything on time and great location. asked few questions on education and few question on work epxerience very formal everything on time and great location. asked few questions on education and few question on work epxerience

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied through an online application system heard back two weeks later, and had a 45-minute phone interview. It was largely behavioral and was with the manager and three members of the team I would be joining. It was very relaxed and not stressful at all. I heard back two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one project you've completed that you're really proud of, and describe the major technical challenges and how you addressed them.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to schedule a phone interview about 4 months later. Participated in a phone interview, and then received a call about a week later with a decision.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Phone interview that consisted of 6 questions, not one of which was about my background, all were personality type questions. Some vaguely worded such that they almost seemed like a trap.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenge due to diversity.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Interview was over an audio/visual link with three HR staff. Applied through university and interview was arranged two weeks later. No second interview discussed, candidates chosen on performance at first interview.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Very generic interview with only four or five impersonal questions. Questions were about previous work experience or about how you would handle a situation or experience. I believe the interview followed the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result