Boeing Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boeing in October 2010.

Asked behavioral questions? Wanted specif details. Then I got a call one month later for a follow up. It was okay, but didn't hear from them again.

Interview Questions
  • What are your goals in the next 10 years?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in September 2010.

One 30 minute behavioral interview with standard questions (same question given to all candidates). The questions were very typical behavioral questions and can be found in any list of common interview questions. The interviewers read the question out loud and then took notes while they listened to my answer. In total, it was a little less than 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when something unexpected happened. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker or teammate.   Answer Question

I haven't decided yet actually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in March 2010.

The seemed to have a very formal and scripted interview process. It began with a disclaimer to answer every question by describing the circumstances that led to your answer, what you did to respond to those circumstances, and the outcome of your actions. The questions were fairly generic interview questions, i.e tell us about a time you assumed leadership responsibilities

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you overcame a problem in your past work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boeing in February 2010.

2 interviews. Technical in nature

not pleasant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in August 2009.

The day of my interview, I checked in with the front desk to get a badge to get into the facility. The interview was conducted by a manager and two senior Project Managers. To answer questions I had to answer by describing the situation then what I did to correct the situation and what was the final outcome. Overall I didn't find the process to be too difficult, however I could see where some might struggle.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you were able to meet the deadline of a project while being assessed to multiple teams   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in March 2008.

You interview with multiple managers that are within the group you are applying to. Each takes turns asking questions. They always seem to have at least 2 people in there for the interview. I applied for the job in April and didn't interview until June and wasn't hired until September.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer
    Since it was my first job I didn't negotiate because it was more than I expected and more than the other job had offered me.

Engineer Interview

Interviewed over the phone for an engineering position. A group of 5 was on the other end! Asked me your basic behavioral questions related to the position and how it will help you succeed. 3 fairly simple technical questions (describe these terms/concepts as best you can).

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online through the BESS System in June. The position closed at the end of June. Made sure my resume and job experience matched what the position required in the competencies section. (I have heard that BESS weeds out the resumes based on keywords and less than 1% of resumes submitted make it to the hiring manager, again just what I heard from others. I also heard that if you just copy/paste the competencies into your resume it automatically gets tossed.)

Two weeks after I applied I received an email to fill out an employment application online. I did, and included my current salary/position etc. One week later I received an email from the hiring manager to schedule a 1 hour structured phone interview and he even attached a pdf with sample STAR interview questions to help me prepare. I scheduled the interview for a week or so after I got that email. The interview was supposed to last one hour but lasted about 1 1/2 hours. There were no technical questions asked. Only STAR interview questions that were right off the competencies. The interviewers were the hiring manager, the department lead, and a senior engineer. They took turns, and asked 5 questions total.

One month later I was invited to visit the site via an email from the hiring manager. I spent 3 hours meeting everyone on the team I would be working with, seeing the different buildings and processes and learning about what I would be working on. Also, they PAID for flight, hotel, car, and reimbursed for food and gas. (I've read where others have paid this out of pocket without being reimbursed, why would you do that? If they won't pay for your flight/hotel then at the minimum get it reimbursed.) The site visit was on a Friday. The very next Monday I was given a contingent offer. I have heard that this process differs by position (engineering, labor, HR etc) location, department, group, and need and at an average takes 3-5 weeks for an offer to be made.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. This was a structured interview using the STAR interview method. To abide by their policies I cannot say verbatim what the questions were. But I can tell you that, at least for this position, every question was based on the competencies and were geared to find out how I work with others and deal with certain situations.   View Answer

So I'm not sure why Boeing's engineering salaries are so low. I was actually blown away by how poor this offer was. They offered me 30% less than my current salary. How do you even negotiate that? How do they come up with these so called "market" rates and what engineers are actually taking these offers? I negotiated back and they didn't even come up at all. What level 2 engineer would take 70k? I made 72k coming out of college as an entry level engineer. Don't get me wrong, Boeing is an amazing company to work for, they have awesome programs and great people. But you can work for a small to mid-sized aerospace or defense company and make WAY better money, plus get comparable benefits and bonuses and still work on cool programs. Unless you are desperate for a job, keep applying to other places that will pay you what you are worth.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in May 2012.

It was a conference phone interview with 2 senior employers. The interview consisted of 4 behavior questions and lasted about half an hour. Nothing technical. They said I would receive the decision within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you motivated other team members to complete a task   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in January 2012.

The interviewers were very cordial. Asked questions and wrote down the answers. There was hardly any conversation.The questions were mostly behavioral.