Boeing Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

Interview

Initial meeting was at a career fair and a couple of weeks later I got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I received a call a couple minutes later than the set up time, but everything went smoothly. It was more like having a conversation then going through an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and online personality check. Then proceeded to a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Kent, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

The on-site interview with Boeing was overall a good experience. They didn't bother with a phone interview, and set something up for 1.5 hours on-site. The initial call and email to set up the interview was formal and well-organized and included where to pick up the badge, a map of the buildings on campus, and a list of the interviewers. They used a structural interview format with predetermined questions that 3 interviewers took turns asking. There was only a small opportunity to learn about the position during the last 10 minutes of the interview. There was also a few minutes at the start of the interview to tell them specifically why you'd be a good candidate. Point being, just realize the bulk of the interview really is structured, so be prepared to take advantage of the small windows of opportunity to really get your point across.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a challenging coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

Quick to setup phone interview. The interview went well and they asked basic questions about my experience and knowledge. It appeared to me that they had already made a decision before the interview even started, simply based upon my cv. They were professional and HR followed up one week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with several groups as part of an all day interview. I met with group leaders and then members of the team in mostly 1:1 settings. There were extensive questions about past experience and how I approached problems. The interview day included a facility tour and was followed by dinner with the hiring manager. This was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you estimate the aerodynamic characteristics for (proprietary) program?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2011.

Interview

In a room with two folks - manager and lead engineer. They asked specific questions about job history and relationship to current requisition. The interview took place in a conference room and was very relaxed and low pressure.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about past jobs and relationship to requisition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

It was stressful

Interview Questions

• When where you last in Texas?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

Asked behavioral questions? Wanted specif details. Then I got a call one month later for a follow up. It was okay, but didn't hear from them again.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in the next 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

One 30 minute behavioral interview with standard questions (same question given to all candidates). The questions were very typical behavioral questions and can be found in any list of common interview questions. The interviewers read the question out loud and then took notes while they listened to my answer. In total, it was a little less than 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something unexpected happened. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker or teammate.   Answer Question

I haven't decided yet actually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

The seemed to have a very formal and scripted interview process. It began with a disclaimer to answer every question by describing the circumstances that led to your answer, what you did to respond to those circumstances, and the outcome of your actions. The questions were fairly generic interview questions, i.e tell us about a time you assumed leadership responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you overcame a problem in your past work experience.   Answer Question