Boeing Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

30 interviews

2.8

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

Was first contacted previous semester for an accelerated hiring networking event, then invited to apply to an exclusive req the following semester. Invited to an on-campus panel interview with a recent grad, a hiring manager, recruiter, and VP. All behavioral questions, leaving plenty of time for me to ask detailed questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in March 2011.

Interviewed by a few engineers in a conference call. They asked me to describe situations where I had applied Value Stream Mapping, Lean Manufacturing Principles, etc.

They will ask you to elaborate so be prepared!

This was my first phone interview and I did not enjoy it! I will likely do better in future phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you applied Value Stream Mapping.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in January 2009.

Phone interview made communication difficult, i.e. questions asked would cut in and out, static, etc. Descriptions of job functions were very ambiguous and general, which made the decision that much more difficult. Interview was conducted with managers from a different site, and different section than hiring manager which also was confusing for the interviewee.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in February 2011.

Phone interview with basic behavioral questions - describe a time you lead a group, how has your education prepared you for the position. I didn't do so well because it was a phone interview but I did alright. Just stay calm and try not to cut them off and you should be okay

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in March 2010.

The recruiting officer was very professional. Prepared a dummy pay sheet with all the deductions and benefits.
    The interview was delayed by an hour. I stood around and waited in the reception area.
    All the questions was straight forward and easy.
    The affirmative action monitoring committee member asked me how do I feel about affirmative action.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in September 2010.

I spoke individually on the phone with one woman, but she didn't so much ask me questions as try to figure out what I wanted to do and what particular job I was interested in. They then invited me to an interview, without specifying the exact details. The interview was on campus, so I didn't have to go anywhere. A panel of three interviewers asked me questions relating to my past work experience and experiences from college. The next night, I received a phone call and was asked to come to an additional meeting, where I received a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a problem you had with a person and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in August 2009.

Had a phone interview first with the hiring manager and someone else. I was notified about three weeks later that they wanted to meet me in person for a second interview at the company. Travel arrangements were made and I was flown in for the interview. I was asked if I wanted to stay in the city overnight so that hotel arrangements could be made ( I preferred to come straight home after the interview). I was introduced to everyone and had an interview with two managers. The interview was behavorial based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a complex situation where you performed a difficult analysis and made a recommendation.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in March 2008.

I applied online. I received phone call a couple weeks later. I interviewed over the phone. The questions were very general and not very technical. Supposedly the company cannot ask such technical questions. I only did one interview. It has been a while but I only remember being asked how I motivate others. Wish I remembered the rest.

Overall I was very impressed with the company. The two interviewers were very kind and followed up with me shortly. My advice would be to read an interview book and practice having an answer for every question in the book. Prepare for the interview immediately. Do some serious thinking about your past accomplishments. And know your resume really well. If it's a phone interview then you can have your notes right in front of you. Have a cheat sheet of your top accomplishments ready to say at a moment's notice. Ask for the interviewer's emails and thank them.

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in January 2008.

Interviewed with the people I would be working with. Since the job was mine already, the interview was just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance where you came across a problem, and had to go across different areas to remedy the problem.   View Answer
    Find out from sources what the salary range is beforehand. Negotiate accordingly.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in February 2009.

Very simple, head hunter gave them my resume and I had an interview at an off site location then I got passed to HR for negotiation which went great. The interviewer was late but they paid for lunch.

Interview Questions
    This was completed by HR at a restaurant over lunch. This interviewer paid for lunch too, and everything was incredibly laid back.