Boeing

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was made through a career fair where I was invited to a pre-screening event. The pre-screening event resulted in an interview but ultimately during the interview I was told that I could not be hired due to my need for sponsorship.

IT Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I applied online and was scheduled for an interview on campus. I was extended a contingent offer, but after two months of thinking I had the job my security background check came back and they retracted the offer. The annoying part is that they had the information that prevented me from being eligible at the start of the application process but they didn't bother screen me before the back ground check. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Now I am left to scramble to find plans for this summer. Do not apply for Boeing if you have ANY criminal history. They will likely offer you a job if you are qualified, and then dismiss you after wasting two months of your time.

Interview Question – Why did you apply for Boeing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give you significant information about the process, but they will retract your offer if you don't fulfill the requirements.

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in September 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume during university's career fair. Had on-campus 1:1 interview the day after submitting. Next step was an on-campus group interview (with 4 other candidates) where we had to come up with a way to address a problem presented in a case study. We had to work together and I think this was to see how candidates work with others in a team environment. Heard back a week or two later with offer. Pretty straightforward and was easy. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to step up to resolve a problem.   View Answer

IT Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a interview request on campus a few weeks later.

The first interview was Boeing's Structured Interview process with one recruiter. Mostly behavioral questions. Study the STAR format and prepare some canned responses for questions.

I got a call later that week about a second interview on campus. This interview was a group interview where you worked with other candidates to propose a solution to a problem. I thought I did exceedingly poorly on this section, but I ended up getting an offer anyway.

Interview Question – What is a conflict with a teammate that you resolved?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers.

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online, received an email about a month later notifying me of an on-site interview in Charleston, SC (nearest Boeing facility). Air-fare and hotel was included. I toured downtown Charleston the afternoon before.

Consisted of a 30 min group interview with 7 other candidates focusing on developing an IT solution, followed by a one-on-one hour long interview.

Interview Question – Was applying for an Application Developer position, so the IT group interview threw me off. I was the only Computer Science major in the room (rest were MIS or something similar).   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied a few months ago but I didn't hear back until the beginning of May. I was asked to dial into a conference call and was interviewed by three people. The interview lasted about thirty minutes and consisted of four behavioral questions. I received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was a behavioral interview. It was for an internship position and I hadn't yet had any experience in the field of IT (it was for a position that would start 8 months from the date of the interview). All Boeing's 1st round of entry level position interviews for IT are behavioral, so be ready for that. They were looking for people with good leadership experience.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had to make an important decision, and how you incorporated others into that decision.   Answer Question

Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in November 2008.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of first dropping a resume on a campus recruiting website. After it was selected an on-campus interview was followed by a second-round phone interview and finally an on-site final round interview (where managers were matched up to each of the interns who made it through the process). Communication was good and IT is the most organized of any of the IT programs at Boeing.

Interview Question – What was the hardest thing you've had to overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was unnegotiable.

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – The hiring process was rather interesting. My process started at a career fair at my school where Boeing was recruiting. I didn't get many technical questions from the recruiters, but I was asked various questions in regards to leadership, experience, and working with others.

After passing the first round interviews, they had a second round on campus that was geared towards being the technical interview. Still, there wasn't much coding or skill testing other than design. The focus of the second meeting was to see how you think and how you solve the problem they give you to solve.

All in all, it was a decent interview, but I was surprised at how little coding questions there were (then again, not all IT interns at Boeing end up coding a lot).

Interview Question – Design a notification system to be used on a plane production line for workers in loud environments.   Answer Question

IT Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a group phone interview. They were very pleasant and asked mostly personality questions and inquired about my knowledge of computers. They said they would respond back within a week and it literally took over month before I heard back.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had a disagreement with a teammate and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!