Boeing IT Intern Interview Questions

2.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in April 2014.

Initial communication was made through a career fair where I was invited to a pre-screening event. The pre-screening event resulted in an interview but ultimately during the interview I was told that I could not be hired due to my need for sponsorship.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

IT Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and was scheduled for an interview on campus. I was extended a contingent offer, but after two months of thinking I had the job my security background check came back and they retracted the offer. The annoying part is that they had the information that prevented me from being eligible at the start of the application process but they didn't bother screen me before the back ground check. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Now I am left to scramble to find plans for this summer. Do not apply for Boeing if you have ANY criminal history. They will likely offer you a job if you are qualified, and then dismiss you after wasting two months of your time.

Interview Questions
    They give you significant information about the process, but they will retract your offer if you don't fulfill the requirements.

IT Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and received a interview request on campus a few weeks later.

The first interview was Boeing's Structured Interview process with one recruiter. Mostly behavioral questions. Study the STAR format and prepare some canned responses for questions.

I got a call later that week about a second interview on campus. This interview was a group interview where you worked with other candidates to propose a solution to a problem. I thought I did exceedingly poorly on this section, but I ended up getting an offer anyway.

Other offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2012.

Submitted resume online, received an email about a month later notifying me of an on-site interview in Charleston, SC (nearest Boeing facility). Air-fare and hotel was included. I toured downtown Charleston the afternoon before.

Consisted of a 30 min group interview with 7 other candidates focusing on developing an IT solution, followed by a one-on-one hour long interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was applying for an Application Developer position, so the IT group interview threw me off. I was the only Computer Science major in the room (rest were MIS or something similar).   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in September 2012.

Submitted resume during university's career fair. Had on-campus 1:1 interview the day after submitting. Next step was an on-campus group interview (with 4 other candidates) where we had to come up with a way to address a problem presented in a case study. We had to work together and I think this was to see how candidates work with others in a team environment. Heard back a week or two later with offer. Pretty straightforward and was easy. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to step up to resolve a problem.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in May 2011.

I applied a few months ago but I didn't hear back until the beginning of May. I was asked to dial into a conference call and was interviewed by three people. The interview lasted about thirty minutes and consisted of four behavioral questions. I received an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member?   View Answer
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in October 2009.

It was a behavioral interview. It was for an internship position and I hadn't yet had any experience in the field of IT (it was for a position that would start 8 months from the date of the interview). All Boeing's 1st round of entry level position interviews for IT are behavioral, so be ready for that. They were looking for people with good leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to make an important decision, and how you incorporated others into that decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in November 2008.

The interview consisted of first dropping a resume on a campus recruiting website. After it was selected an on-campus interview was followed by a second-round phone interview and finally an on-site final round interview (where managers were matched up to each of the interns who made it through the process). Communication was good and IT is the most organized of any of the IT programs at Boeing.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest thing you've had to overcome in your life?   Answer Question
    The offer was unnegotiable.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing.

The hiring process was rather interesting. My process started at a career fair at my school where Boeing was recruiting. I didn't get many technical questions from the recruiters, but I was asked various questions in regards to leadership, experience, and working with others.

After passing the first round interviews, they had a second round on campus that was geared towards being the technical interview. Still, there wasn't much coding or skill testing other than design. The focus of the second meeting was to see how you think and how you solve the problem they give you to solve.

All in all, it was a decent interview, but I was surprised at how little coding questions there were (then again, not all IT interns at Boeing end up coding a lot).

Interview Questions
    • Design a notification system to be used on a plane production line for workers in loud environments.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in October 2011.

Received call for on-site interview after talking to recruiters at a college job fair. Was instructed to post information on their website as well as send in resume again, was given a tour of the facilities, lunch, then had a group interview as well as a 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!