Boeing

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in April 2012.

Interview Details – Went through a few phone call interviews. Used behavioral, STAR format, for all questions. After final interview was offered the internship. After you accept the internship, you are then paired to a manager who's internship is focused around your interests.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate - Good offer.

IT Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in October 2011.

Interview Details – I talked to one of the engineers at a college job fair and he invited me for an on-site interview after two days. The interview was scheduled a week after the job fair so there's enough time to prepare. I kind of search up the Boeing interview questions and found out most of their questions are behavioral based so I didn't really spend time on the technical stuff.
The first interview was a group panel interview that requires you to work with other applicants. You are asked to read the description of an known issue they have (of course, they made this up) and then you need to come up with your own solution. After couple minutes of thinking, you are now asked to discuss with other applicants to come up with a final solution. Eventually the team needs to present the final solution to the interviewers. The process wasn't bad at all but the interviewers were watching us and taking notes the entire time, which made it a little awkward.
After this interview there's another 2:1 interview that asked you stuff on your resume and some behavioral questions.
Lastly, they took all the applicants to the labs for a tour and show us all the cool stuff.
The entire interview took around 6 hours. Overall I believe I did fairly well in both (I mean, how can you f**k up a behavioral interview?) and they said they will let us know the results around 1~2 weeks no matter you get the offer or not.
I got the offer for a summer internship after one week from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Group panel asking you to discuss the given issue with other applicants and present the solution as a team.   Answer Question
  • All the behavioral questions are the same as other posts. Just go look it up!   Answer Question

IT Internship Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in September 2010.

Interview Details – I received a scholarship from them which was my foot in the door with the company. I had a one on one interview for an IT internship where my interviewers asked about my career interests in IT. One of my interviewers was an alum from my major at my school so he knew exactly what was on my resume and the types of project/course experience I had.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of you working on a team and being proactive.   Answer Question
  • How did you deal with challenges that you didn't know how to overcome at first?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing IT Internship interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.