Boeing

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Industrial Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – The interview process was a bit confused. Initially, they wanted me to go out to South Carolina to interview in person during a hiring event. They bought me the airplane tickets etc. Then 1 day prior to the interview, they e-mail saying the job position has been canceled. As can be imagined, that wasn't good news, so I gave up on the company after that. Then, about 1 month later, I get an e-mail saying they wanted to do a phone interview for another position in WA state. The phone interview took about 20 minutes and consisted of 4 questions. Very simple, very straight forward. It almost seemed like that couldn't have been all of it, but it was. Just that 20 minutes on the phone, and a few days later they made an offer. It all seemed too easy.

Interview Question – There is nothing difficult or unexpected. Its 4 questions asking you to give an example of a particular activity you've done.   Answer Question

Everett, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the company after I had applied for an online posting for an Industrial Engineering position. I was called to interview at the Everett, WA, Boeing plant. When I got there I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of people that were there for interviews and the interview process as a whole. I was greeted by two interviewers and taken to a cafeteria where multiple interviews were being conducted at the same time. I thought no big deal I've got this job in the bag, but then I found out the two interviewers knew absolutely nothing about the position for which they were interviewing and had no clue what to expect. At one point they asked me if I knew and CAD programs, I said yes I know two programs (CATIA, Pro/E) and they asked me what those were. I was surprised because I expected them to know what kind of CAD programs exist out there and they had absolutely no clue what they were talking about. Besides this the interview had nothing to with the actual position I was interviewing for they asked the generic interview questions. I didn't get an offer and the reason was I didn't have the skill set required for the job, which was surprising because I met and exceeded all of the requirements listed on the job description and the interviewers didn't ask me any questions regarding the actual job. So all in all I don't understand how Boeing hires their employees and on what basis. I have a few friends who went in for similar jobs and were asked the same questions and hired, they were never asked any question regarding the actual job.

Interview Question – Do you know any CAD programs? What is CATIA?   View Answer

Industrial Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview with a panel of 3 industrial engineer managers. The interview consisted of all behavioral questions. It was less than an hour long and the managers took turns asking questions. Afterwards, I was given the opportunity to ask the interviewers questions and was given a good amount of info on the culture of Boeing and the pride they have in their product.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Boeing?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in October 2007.

Interview Details – Phone interview then an on-site, group interview. Two engineering managers on the phone and at the group interview. Very impressive tour of the production facility. Behavioral interview questions. Had to relate the questions to my previous job experience. Laid back and very comfortable process. Phone interview then in-person interview seems to be the standard Boeing procedure.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you use Lean tactics in your current position.   Answer Question
  • What types of lean improvement projects have you been a part of and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate... internal job transfer.

Industrial Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a Phone Interview and then a 1:1 in person with Managers and HR. Pretty straightforward interview process. Had a list of pre-established questions. They read it like a script.

Interview Question – Time where you've applied LEAN.   Answer Question

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!