Boeing

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied for the job on their website and was contacted by global staffing to set up a phone interview. Some jobs do require some pre-interview screenings and personality tests that you can do on the internet--they send you a login/password and it's all confidential. For more senior positions and if you're applying internally they will usually try to set up a physical interview with you if you live in the area.

The interview lasted about an hour and was composed of two hiring managers and a HR person. It followed the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) for all questions except the first "Tell us about yourself and why you are a good fit for this position.." as well as an opportunity for me to ask questions afterwards.

The questions were all based directly from the job description among the "General" and "Technical" requirements and could have been very easy to prepare for ahead of time by simply reading the job posting--the requirements are in bullet points (e.g. "Process Modeling", "Work Place Design").

It's important to note that Boeing is currently in the middle of transitioning from their old proprietary job posting system to Taleo but the general format and content of their job postings hasn't changed--all the information you need is still there as far as I can tell.

Every single Boeing interview will also have a question about diversity aka "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone from a different cultural background" or some variant.

For this position I was offered the job a few hours after the interview, but that isn't common. Response time is highly, highly variable and can range from hours to months. It was of course dependent on a background check by both Boeing and NASA (typically it'll just be Boeing--but if you're applying certain jobs there will be extra requirements such as security clearance) and a drug screening by both.

Boeing doesn't typically negotiate much. You can try but it's not general practice for them to budge on anything; I have been on both sides of the table and have never seen any substantial negotiation of salary. They don't do signing bonuses in my experience.

IMPORTANT: If you care about relocation, make sure that you read the job posting--it will generally say yes or no for 'Relocation Assistance.' If for some reason that isn't specified due to their transition to Taleo, find out if you care.

The reason I say this is THEY WILL NEVER NEGOTIATE THIS IN AN OFFER--if relocation assistance isn't specified in the job posting, you will not get relocation assistance. Period.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

The interview process was a bit confused. Initially, they wanted me to go out to South Carolina to interview in person during a hiring event. They bought me the airplane tickets etc. Then 1 day prior to the interview, they e-mail saying the job position has been canceled. As can be imagined, that wasn't good news, so I gave up on the company after that. Then, about 1 month later, I get an e-mail saying they wanted to do a phone interview for another position in WA state. The phone interview took about 20 minutes and consisted of 4 questions. Very simple, very straight forward. It almost seemed like that couldn't have been all of it, but it was. Just that 20 minutes on the phone, and a few days later they made an offer. It all seemed too easy.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing difficult or unexpected. Its 4 questions asking you to give an example of a particular activity you've done.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I had one phone interview with a panel of 3 industrial engineer managers. The interview consisted of all behavioral questions. It was less than an hour long and the managers took turns asking questions. Afterwards, I was given the opportunity to ask the interviewers questions and was given a good amount of info on the culture of Boeing and the pride they have in their product.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing in June 2010.

I was contacted by the company after I had applied for an online posting for an Industrial Engineering position. I was called to interview at the Everett, WA, Boeing plant. When I got there I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of people that were there for interviews and the interview process as a whole. I was greeted by two interviewers and taken to a cafeteria where multiple interviews were being conducted at the same time. I thought no big deal I've got this job in the bag, but then I found out the two interviewers knew absolutely nothing about the position for which they were interviewing and had no clue what to expect. At one point they asked me if I knew and CAD programs, I said yes I know two programs (CATIA, Pro/E) and they asked me what those were. I was surprised because I expected them to know what kind of CAD programs exist out there and they had absolutely no clue what they were talking about. Besides this the interview had nothing to with the actual position I was interviewing for they asked the generic interview questions. I didn't get an offer and the reason was I didn't have the skill set required for the job, which was surprising because I met and exceeded all of the requirements listed on the job description and the interviewers didn't ask me any questions regarding the actual job. So all in all I don't understand how Boeing hires their employees and on what basis. I have a few friends who went in for similar jobs and were asked the same questions and hired, they were never asked any question regarding the actual job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know any CAD programs? What is CATIA?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing in October 2007.

Phone interview then an on-site, group interview. Two engineering managers on the phone and at the group interview. Very impressive tour of the production facility. Behavioral interview questions. Had to relate the questions to my previous job experience. Laid back and very comfortable process. Phone interview then in-person interview seems to be the standard Boeing procedure.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you use Lean tactics in your current position.   Answer Question
    • What types of lean improvement projects have you been a part of and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate... internal job transfer.

Industrial Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

Applied online, had a Phone Interview and then a 1:1 in person with Managers and HR. Pretty straightforward interview process. Had a list of pre-established questions. They read it like a script.