Boeing

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in May 2014.

Interview Details – Submit application online, if you hit the right key words in your resume you can make it through BESS and then be "considered" for employment. Check the status under my jobs frequently as this will let you know how it is going. Eventually you get emails stating that you are no longer under consideration until, alas you are scheduled for an interview. You will get a call and email from an HR rep scheduling the time of the phone interview. The interview is a panel interview and all questions will come from the job req itself so practice. Ask yourself what questions can be derived from the competencies wanted in the description and create general stories that you can adapt depending on their precise wording. Write them down and keep them in front of you during the interview. The interview lasts about 30 mins or so and then you are prompted to ask questions. Ask three questions:
A general question about the company
A more specific question about the position you are applying for
Try to get your last question to solicit the hiring manager to talk a little about themself, this is a good thing.
Also, if you feel the interview went well ask them "When can I start?" This will show excitement for the position.
After the interview you wait, i waited for one week before I was sent an email offering me employment, contingent on multiple factors. You must log on to your resume account on boeing.com and view and either accept or decline the offer. There is a time limit so be careful not to wait too long. There are forms to complete, a drug test to take, and other contingencies for you to complete. If all goes well and your contingencies clear, Welcome to Boeing!

Interview Question – If you look under the competencies in the Req, and make a story that explains how you have shown this you will be golden.   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Applied, received email to schedule phone call, had phone interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked with people from different backgrounds   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed through my college. Given a standard phone interview.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. This was a standard interview like those with other companies that I had interviewed with like McDonnel Douglas.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online (only way Boeing accepts resumes) and got a call back a day later for the Engineering Accelerated Hiring Event. Interview was one hour long with three interviewers. Behavioral type interview where they explicitly told you to use the "STAR" response method. After the interview I was offered an internship three days later and accepted a couple weeks later.

Boeing offers 99% of their interns full time jobs after graduation without a full time interview; I accepted my full time offer at the end of my internship.

Interview Question – What was the most technically challenging problem you have had to solve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for internship salaries, and no negotiation for internal offers. If hiring directly full time there might be a little room for negotiation.

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details – First round one on two interview. Basic questions on skills, accomplishments, fears, projects,etc. Second round group interview on provided case. 5 min reading 20 min discussion 5 presentation. Straightforward case, but time and no shows were and issue.

Interview Question – Talk about one time where you took initiative.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boeing in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online thru college career services, heard back a few weeks later asking if I could come in for an on campus interview

Interview Question – Know your star!   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in October 2012.

Interview Details – Took around 2 weeks, recruited at university. Overall not a difficult interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you faced a conflict with a supervisor or manager   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewees were flown out to SC the evening before the interview. The interview process took an entire day, with different groups interviewing at different times. The first interview was a structured interview where you were asked about your experiences by two employees (one in HR and one in technology). The second was a group interview in which you were asked to solve a company problem.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I applied online then they called me and after a few email exchanges I set up an interview. If your not doing an in-person interview you're probably doing a phone/webex. The email listed webex login instructions and how to call in to the teleconference. I was just supposed to call the number. We didn't use the webex. I was a little confused about that, I thought there would be audio from my computer through the webex and calling in was an option but to get audio and talk you need to call the number in the email and join via telephone. We didn't even use the webex.

My boss said I needed to sound more passionate in the interview. I guess I didn't really sound like I wanted the job. I guess that is true of any interview. Employers don't want someone who is just satisfied with a job prospect but excited and passionate about it. So just talk about what sort of ideas you have for the position and ask lots of questions about how their program/project works.

Interview Question – Do you have experience dealing with budgets?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Boeing operates through a structured interview process. There are normally 5 questions . Make sure you have the STAR response down pat (Situation, Task, Action, Response).

Interview Question – How would you deal with someone of a different age or experience level?   Answer Question

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!