Boeing Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.9

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online in late September. I got an email saying I met the minimum requirements and my application was being "considered". About a week after this, I got an email asking me to set up an interview time slot.

The interview was with one HR member and one full time employee in the rotational program. The HR woman was super nice and friendly! The rotational employee was knowledgable. They made it very clear from the start to use the STAR format. Interview consisted of 3 STAR format questions.

I was told I would hear back 2-3 weeks later. A week later, I got a call from the same HR woman with my offer!! I was pretty surprised considering I didn't think the interview went that well.

Interview Questions
  • I'm not allowed to disclose any questions, but if you know your STAR you'll be in good shape.   Answer Question
No negotiation for internship.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and was contacted the next week for a phone interview. It is recommended that certain keywords are included in the resume so that they match the words in the job description. Interview lasted around an hour, interviewers were friendly and positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Met with a representative at a career fair on campus. After a good conversation he told me he would schedule an on-campus interview with me. Being a computer science major, I thought it would be a technical interview...they didn't ask a single question measuring my knowledge in the field. They only asked behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you worked with a culturally diverse team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Very succinct behavioral interview process. I heard back after about a week with a decision. The interview lasted 30 minutes and was solely behavioral.
    The interview was two employees and myself, and each question alternated between employees. Each employee's questions seemed to carry a separate common theme.

Interview Questions
    • What is a question you expected to be asked, but was not asked in this interview?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in May 2014.

Submit application online, if you hit the right key words in your resume you can make it through BESS and then be "considered" for employment. Check the status under my jobs frequently as this will let you know how it is going. Eventually you get emails stating that you are no longer under consideration until, alas you are scheduled for an interview. You will get a call and email from an HR rep scheduling the time of the phone interview. The interview is a panel interview and all questions will come from the job req itself so practice. Ask yourself what questions can be derived from the competencies wanted in the description and create general stories that you can adapt depending on their precise wording. Write them down and keep them in front of you during the interview. The interview lasts about 30 mins or so and then you are prompted to ask questions. Ask three questions:
    A general question about the company
    A more specific question about the position you are applying for
    Try to get your last question to solicit the hiring manager to talk a little about themself, this is a good thing.
    Also, if you feel the interview went well ask them "When can I start?" This will show excitement for the position.
    After the interview you wait, i waited for one week before I was sent an email offering me employment, contingent on multiple factors. You must log on to your resume account on boeing.com and view and either accept or decline the offer. There is a time limit so be careful not to wait too long. There are forms to complete, a drug test to take, and other contingencies for you to complete. If all goes well and your contingencies clear, Welcome to Boeing!

Interview Questions
    • If you look under the competencies in the Req, and make a story that explains how you have shown this you will be golden.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Applied, received email to schedule phone call, had phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with people from different backgrounds   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boeing.

Submitted resume online (only way Boeing accepts resumes) and got a call back a day later for the Engineering Accelerated Hiring Event. Interview was one hour long with three interviewers. Behavioral type interview where they explicitly told you to use the "STAR" response method. After the interview I was offered an internship three days later and accepted a couple weeks later.

Boeing offers 99% of their interns full time jobs after graduation without a full time interview; I accepted my full time offer at the end of my internship.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most technically challenging problem you have had to solve?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship salaries, and no negotiation for internal offers. If hiring directly full time there might be a little room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boeing in January 2014.

Interviewed through my college. Given a standard phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. This was a standard interview like those with other companies that I had interviewed with like McDonnel Douglas.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First round one on two interview. Basic questions on skills, accomplishments, fears, projects,etc. Second round group interview on provided case. 5 min reading 20 min discussion 5 presentation. Straightforward case, but time and no shows were and issue.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online then they called me and after a few email exchanges I set up an interview. If your not doing an in-person interview you're probably doing a phone/webex. The email listed webex login instructions and how to call in to the teleconference. I was just supposed to call the number. We didn't use the webex. I was a little confused about that, I thought there would be audio from my computer through the webex and calling in was an option but to get audio and talk you need to call the number in the email and join via telephone. We didn't even use the webex.

My boss said I needed to sound more passionate in the interview. I guess I didn't really sound like I wanted the job. I guess that is true of any interview. Employers don't want someone who is just satisfied with a job prospect but excited and passionate about it. So just talk about what sort of ideas you have for the position and ask lots of questions about how their program/project works.