Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Procurement Agent III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

STAR Method. 5 to 6 questions will be asked. This is a panel interview. Rarely 1 to 1. Lasts an hour. You will hear your result after a week or so. This depends on the urgency and the team you are applying too.

Supply Chain Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

The process was really simple. I first applied on the Boeing Careers website. I used a requisite from the school to find the job. I heard back a couple weeks later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions you would expect. No funny problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied through the internal job postings application. Ended up getting an interview after a couple weeks of applying. The interview was over the phone and was mostly behavioral questions around specific experiences. I was extended an followed an offer a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with people that are not easy to work with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interview was a phone interview, 5 questions, not bad as long as you are prepared. Looking up questions and having an idea of how I might answer them if asked helped me a lot. I thought the interview went well for me but got an email a month later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Business and Planning Analyst II/III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (South Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Timeline:
    4/28/15 - I applied online for the position.
    5/19/15 - I received an e-mail inviting me to an interview event.
    6/3/15 - I attended the interview event.
    6/9/15 - I received a phone call from Boeing HR telling me they would like to extend me an offer.

The Interview Event:
    The interview took place at the Boeing facility on East Marginal Way in South Seattle. You sign in, show your ID, then wait outside the auditorium for them to call your name and someone will escort you into the auditorium. There were 9 other candidates there at the same time as me, and surprisingly there was only 1 female candidate (I got the dreaded 8:00am interview time slot). I believe we all were competing for the same positions - I had a chance to chat a bit with 3 other guys that were sitting at my table and all 3 had accounting/finance backgrounds. My guess is that the interviewers determine whether you end up as a level 2 or level 3 Analyst based on your applicable experience (I ended up being offered a level 3 position). The auditorium is set up with curtains formed into small "cubicles" and each "cubicle" has a table in the middle with 4 chairs surrounding it (2 on each side). The space is somewhat cramped for 4 adults, and you can hear other people interviewing on either side of you...which can be distracting. I met with 3 managers who took turns asking me questions. Each person asked me 2 questions, however, some questions had 2-3 parts so overall I was asked a total of about 10 questions. While one interviewer is asking you the question and writing down your answer, the other 2 are watching you...which can be intimidating. All questions were behavioral based, and the interviewers are writing your answers down on sheets that are separated into Situation, Action and Result sections (being in such a cramped space allowed me to see the sheet).

This is a grueling interview - the e-mail from Boeing telling you the details of the event even used the word "intense" to describe the process! I would advise anyone interviewing at Boeing to get a solid list of behavioral questions and practice your answers in STAR format in front of a mirror for at least a week prior to the interview. Most importantly, do not forget the Result part of your answer...that would be like telling a great joke and then forgetting the punch line. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your education and experience have prepared you for this role.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you came up with a creative solution to a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't even try to negotiate - I received what I considered to be a very generous offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Received invitation for an interview after a month of waiting. Allowed 2 days to prepare. Called in and there were 3 managers and I was asked 5 questions. Allowed you to ask questions after the interviews. Very formal process. Never heard back from them again. A guy I know received his offer within a day for a similar position, so I guess there were other stronger candidates.

Facilities Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Was setup in a structured interview format, need to make sure you answer stating what the situation was, what did I specifically do, and what was the outcome. Panel was very nice and interested in my answers. Questions seemed centered around characteristics of the job function and how I have skill in that area.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to take large amounts of data and compile them into a streamlined document for leadership to understand.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

It was a classic STAR interview. Situation, Task, Action and Result. There was two on the telephone interview with me. They each took a turn asking a question. Then, in the end they gave me an opportunity to ask some questions. So, have some prepared.

Manufacturing Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA).

Interview

It was an interview that had cultural biases and specified questions based on the type of work you would be expected to do. When asked a question, you were asked to do 3 things:
    1. What was the situation.
    2. What did you do
    3. What was the outcome

When you answer these three questions, they will take some time to write down their impressions, so don't worry. If they need more information, they will ask.Keep your answers specific, and ask if the interviewers need clarification.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when things didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Integration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Boeing in May 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview was great. The interview was quick but there was a problem understanding the interviewer. The process was very quick also. I was asked when would I be able to start. The pay offered was great but I'm a little afraid to work for a company that's out of state.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for employment?   1 Answer