Boeing Interview Questions

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

The first call was from HR to setup an interview directly with the hiring manager. The actual interview call was fairly laid back as they listened to experience and previous duties. There was no standard template they followed (what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc). It was all to the point of the particular position. The in person interview was casual as well with questions about my past experience but with a little more detail. After that I was given a tour of the area I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, I thought was too tough. All though I have been in interviews and asked technical textbook questions which hardly anyone uses outside of an advanced college engineering course.   Answer Question
    Have a number in mind, but know that they are likely to hold on to your initial salary asking in the form you filled out when you first applied. Even if after the interview the job is more demanding then the requisition states. The problem is the HR is virtual in another state so they are not motivated to negotiate much on behalf of the hiring manager if your over their offer.

Systems Engineer III Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing.

There is a structured interview process for direct hires.The questions are often not technical and more about whether you will get in trouble if hired. The hiring process from applying to offer can take months. Contractors get a technical interview and can be hired in weeks. There is no direct conversion from contractor to employee. You have to interview against others for your job and then they low-ball you on pay. They lose good people this way.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to work with someone from another culture. It was completely irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

The rate of pay was much lower than comparable jobs in the St Louis area.

Assembly Mechanic Interview

Applied online, and received an email requesting that I fill out more info in accordance to the application process. Week later received an email invitation for interview. Arrived onsite with over 100 other people... Interview seemed very impersonal and the people doing the interview seemed like they were in a rush to complete as many as possible.

Interview Questions
    • recall a time you made a mistake, and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Business Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing.

The interview was the STAR Method, four behavioral questions, relatively simple if you prepare for STAR questions. Started with how does your education and experience prepare you for this, etc.

Finance Interview

The interview was acquired through college connections. There were three managers from Seattle to ask questions that would determine if the candidate is suitable for work at Boeing. Towards the end of the interview, the managers asked for preferences of workplace.

Review Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

I was approached at a recruiting event at my college. I had one interview there, a phone interview a few weeks later, then was flown to St. Louis for an all day event with multiple interviews culminating in a group interview where I and 5 others were presented with a challenge to talk and work through. All of the individual interviews were of the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • It's all pretty standard stuff. Be prepared to talk about your past work experience in story mode. I recommend actually writing out several responses based on the job req you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Boeing.

There was one phone interview with 3 people. They had set questions to ask where they could not go off the script and had to record everything you said. I expected there to be a second round of interviews at the plant but they made an offer after only the single phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were all "Tell me about a time..." type questions.   Answer Question

Decided job was not best fit for me.

Engineer Interview

Very generic interview with only four or five impersonal questions.

Questions were about previous work experience or about how you would handle a situation or experience.

I believe the interview followed the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result

Structural Analysis Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Applied in April online, didn't hear anything until the beginning of August. Received email saying congratulations, we are moving forward with your application. Got an email from a hiring manager shortly after to schedule a phone interview. The interview took place about a week later. Five people in the interview, 5 behavioral questions asked. STAR format. They asked several questions digging deeper into my answers. About a week and a half later, I received another email from my hiring manager saying they are moving to an on-site interview. That interview took place in mid September.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Boeing.

Applied for the job on their website and was contacted by global staffing to set up a phone interview. Some jobs do require some pre-interview screenings and personality tests that you can do on the internet--they send you a login/password and it's all confidential. For more senior positions and if you're applying internally they will usually try to set up a physical interview with you if you live in the area.

The interview lasted about an hour and was composed of two hiring managers and a HR person. It followed the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) for all questions except the first "Tell us about yourself and why you are a good fit for this position.." as well as an opportunity for me to ask questions afterwards.

The questions were all based directly from the job description among the "General" and "Technical" requirements and could have been very easy to prepare for ahead of time by simply reading the job posting--the requirements are in bullet points (e.g. "Process Modeling", "Work Place Design").

It's important to note that Boeing is currently in the middle of transitioning from their old proprietary job posting system to Taleo but the general format and content of their job postings hasn't changed--all the information you need is still there as far as I can tell.

Every single Boeing interview will also have a question about diversity aka "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone from a different cultural background" or some variant.

For this position I was offered the job a few hours after the interview, but that isn't common. Response time is highly, highly variable and can range from hours to months. It was of course dependent on a background check by both Boeing and NASA (typically it'll just be Boeing--but if you're applying certain jobs there will be extra requirements such as security clearance) and a drug screening by both.

Boeing doesn't typically negotiate much. You can try but it's not general practice for them to budge on anything; I have been on both sides of the table and have never seen any substantial negotiation of salary. They don't do signing bonuses in my experience.

IMPORTANT: If you care about relocation, make sure that you read the job posting--it will generally say yes or no for 'Relocation Assistance.' If for some reason that isn't specified due to their transition to Taleo, find out if you care.

The reason I say this is THEY WILL NEVER NEGOTIATE THIS IN AN OFFER--if relocation assistance isn't specified in the job posting, you will not get relocation assistance. Period.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!