Boeing

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.8

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Applied online. Make sure to tailor your resume to match the competencies listed on their job description. The first interview was done via phone. If you do well, they will email you an invitation for an in person interview. The person interview is an all day event that consists of multiple interviews with different teams. Depending on how well you interviewed with each team; you may receive multiple offers from individual teams or none at all. The most important thing to keep in mind when interviewing is that Boeing interviews are very structured and they ask only behavioral questions. This means that you want to respond in a very structured format. Start off by stating the situation. Then briefly list the actions you took to correct the problem. Last, state the outcome/result of your actions. To really impress the interviewers, try to come up with something profound at the end of every response. Kind of like the moral of the story. In this case, it's what you would try to avoid in the future to prevent this problem from happening again.

Interview Questions
    • If you read over the competencies listed in their job description, you should be well prepared. All the questions are related to the competencies. Try to think of stories ahead of time that relates to the competencies so that you can tell it when asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Structural Analysis Engineer I Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Boeing.

Phone Interview. From my personal experiences, they always do the one time phone interview, than they would take a weekend to think it over. The whole process took about a week. My advise is to read over your resume and go over some of the technical terms in your resume.

Interview Questions
    No, there was a set price

Business and Planning Analyst II Interview

STAR Method interview. Have a few good stories to tell about yourself and your experience. Prep stories about your forecasting and variance analysis experience, how you interact with co workers etc. Just be prepared and talk deails

None

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

Boeing uses a structured interview that focuses on situations you have encountered an how you react. Be sure to clearly define the situation, what you did about it, and the result. Do not get to wordy or you will lose the interviewer.

BusinessProgram Interview

The process was easy and smooth. I met the recruiter at my college's career fair. I gave her my resume and followed up by applying on their website. I got an invitation to interview 2 weeks later. The interview itself was very laid back and informal. There was only 4 questions and all of them were similar/redundant to each other.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of your leadership skills and how will it help you succeed at Boeing?   Answer Question

Procurement Agent III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Must submit the application online. An email and/or call is made confirming the appointment. My interview was done during a day that they were holding many interviews for a new team being created. I was interviewed by two managers...one who would later be my manager. Questions revolved greatly around contracting and procurement knowledge and familiarity with government regulations (FAR).

Interview Questions
    • How do handle a difficult or unwilling negotiation where the other party refuses to budge.   View Answer
    Over the electronic hiring system. I sent in a counter offer and they met me half way.

Systems Manufacturing Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

From applying online is kinda hard. Patience is key and fill out all the questions. Spend time on your resume and application and be sure to check your online profile everyday. Do not get discouraged. Boeing has tools, processes and machinery you have never worked with before.
    Most of the hiring process is online, interview is real easy and it is done professionally.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boeing.

Pretty straightforward. Met them at a career fair. Got asked to have an on-campus interview a few days later. Interview was standard - just questions on how you interact with people in different situations. Had a group interview, went well too. Had to develop an answer to a problem on paper.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of "you already gave us a good answer to this question, but excluding that, give us another example". So be ready for multiple follow-ups.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Got an email asking if I was still interested in a position I had applied to online back in July (it was mid September when I received the email) and if I was, send along sometimes for a phone interview. Gave some times and had an hour and a half phone panel interview using the STARS format going over my resume

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this position   Answer Question
    • give me an example of a time when you implanted a change to a process and the outcome of that change   Answer Question
    No real negotiations, Speea job and they hit my target requirement for base salary

Business Career Foundation Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing in November 2014.

The process took about a month in total from applying to interviewing and to receiving the news. I think it was one week to apply. If you pass that, you get a phone interview about a little more than a week after the application deadline. After about 3-4 days, you will be notified about whether you will be flying to Seattle for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are in STAR format. Very structured. I suggest looking up sample questions and practice answering them.   Answer Question