Boeing

Getting the Interview

558 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back about a phone interview. You have to call into a conference call line where the interviewers should already be waiting.
The interview, in my opinion, was one of the strangest interviews I have ever had. While the interviewers were extremely friendly, they made it clear that you should not deviate even slightly from the STAR model for even the simplest questions. It got to the point where at the beginning of the interview, they specifically ask for you to identify the situation, task, etc. while answering. This made the interview pretty awkward, and really caught me off guard. The format of the interview makes it really hard for you to get a better understanding of the company, and for the interviewers to better understand your financial skills that are relavant to the position. After the interview, you asked to preference location/specific positions.

Interview Question – Every single STAR behavioral question possible.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very process oriented (like the company). Did not ask any technical questions. Just behavioral.

Interview Question – Name a scenario where you had to work with someone who was difficult   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through Boeing career site, contacted within 2 weeks to fill out additional information. Eventually scheduled an interview date. I was flown to Seattle and shuttled (along with 8 other people all applying for same position) to interview site. Career fair setting. They call your name when they are ready to interview you.
It was noisy during interview. (25-50 other people all interviewing makes a bit of white noise)
Interviewed by two managers from different engineering disciplines.
Asked the standard STAR questions.
I was caught off guard as the final questions they asked were all VERY similar in nature and I had to try and come up with a different story to say almost the same exact answer. They were very patient and even suggested ideas for me to draw upon.

I felt confident as I touched upon every requirement of the job description in my answers.

Contacted within 3 business days with an offer.

Background check in progress.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. They surpassed my salary expectations.

Business Career Foundation Program Interview

Seal Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – The interview was with 3 hiring managers on a conference call. They took turns asking 5 total questions such as "What unique skill set do you bring to Boeing", "What do you know about Boeing", "Why do you want to work for Boeing"... etc. Be sure to be specific and give examples to support everything. I made my interview into a full conversation and made sure to let them know how interested I was by asking genuine questions that demonstrate my familiarity with the company.

Interview Question – I was prepared for all of the questions, but they really wanted specifics on times when I demonstrated positive communication skills to lead to a bigger goal. Find a way to really set yourself apart for the "What unique skill set do you bring to Boeing" question.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview. Situation questions are asked. Answers must be given in a specific format. STAR - Situation Task Action Result (In that order) ... Additionally, there will be a Open Question to enable you to explain your education, experience and qualifications.

Interview Question – Tell a time about when you were given negative feedback. How did you react and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation room.

IT Intern Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in April 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was made through a career fair where I was invited to a pre-screening event. The pre-screening event resulted in an interview but ultimately during the interview I was told that I could not be hired due to my need for sponsorship.

Aircraft Assy/Moification Mechanic Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – What interview, they saw my experience and was hired almost immediately

Interview Question – What is your requirement for starting pay?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Terrible but had no choice needed to work

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed through my college. Given a standard phone interview.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. This was a standard interview like those with other companies that I had interviewed with like McDonnel Douglas.   Answer Question

Supplier Management Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Applied via Boeing's online site. Phone call about a month later from hiring manager. Provided with materials to prepare for interview by HR. Interview itself was conducted by hiring manager and two long-term employed employees. Interview was based on behavior format (STAR), consisted of 4-5 questions, and spanned on for about 45 minutes. About 10 minutes at the end to ask questions. Offered job within 2 weeks of interviewing.

Interview Question – All questions relatively straight forward (e.g., name time when failed, name time when encountered difficult situation and how did you address it).   Answer Question

Project Management Specialist Interview

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Hiring manager posted a set of questions online and had HR call to prescreen. Then a call with the hiring manager to ask a few additional questions. Afterwards, they would call to set up an on-site interview in order to meet the hiring manager and HR rep. The interview lasted about 90 minutes with school, extracurricular, and personal questions, as well as work ethic based questions. Culture and personality mattered. Skills and work experience came next. Then company info (GO IN PREPARED). Then you got to ask questions about the job and the team and the chance to show you were excited about the opportunity.

Interview Question – Assess the slack in a Critical Path time line (having not had any formal project management training).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made a take it or leave it offer. (New Grad)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing interview questions and advice. All 558 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.