Boeing

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.8

Industrial Engineer I Interview

I had a structured telephone interview, it consisted of four to five behavorial style questions. The interview was with two managers. The interview probably took about forty five minutes. I was told that my answers did not necessarily have from a work situation but also from experiences outside of work.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company.

Technical Illustrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

1. When applying, make sure to referrence key terms from job posting in your resume.
    2. Boeing uses the Structured Interview process, focusing on how interpersonal dynamic issues are encountered and overcomed. Questions target problem solving responses.

Interview Questions
    • When answering questions, clarify and slow down your responses.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Phone interview that consisted of 6 questions, not one of which was about my background, all were personality type questions. Some vaguely worded such that they almost seemed like a trap.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a challenge due to diversity.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I received a screening call one month after applying. The ONLY questions in the screening call were about compensations and financial expectations. One month later another call from hiring manager, two weeks later on site interview. It was a panel interview. However interviewers were not well prepared, questions all typical STAR style, not too difficult. No technical questions/

Principal Engineer/Scientist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

The hiring manager had already decided to hire me and told me so in the first five minutes of the on-site interview, including the pay - rest was just talking with the group members, visit to the plant and dinner. However, it took six months total from start to finish and a lot of telephoning and emailing the hiring manager before the interview itself took place. He had seen me earlier presenting my papers elsewhere at technical conferences.

The hiring manager offered me a job and pay right at the beginning of the on-site interview. So, I took my time, and counter-offered within a week or so. After he renewed the offer with 10+% increased base pay, I still asked for other bonuses, like, signing bonus, higher relocation expenses, and one month stay at the hotel after moving instead of the usual two weeks - all of which he agreed upon. He also asked me to start on Jan. 2, rather than Jan. 3 or later, so that I would become eligible for the regular pay raise in March. that was a very helpful hint. However, it did take a lot of to-and-fro communication but was well worth the wait!

My suggestion to any potential employee at this senior level is: never take the first offer, always counter-offer with appropriate reasons, they expect it; signing bonus, relo, initial stay at hotel, etc., come from a different pot of money than the manager's home account, so always ask for it. Boeing is pretty lenient about it. This was in 2000 era, I don't know what the situation is now though, and the response may depend from manager to manager.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and about 7 weeks later, I got a phone call for interview. Was contacted by HR manager to set up time for interview a week after.

No negotiation

Section Manager - Facilities Acquisition and Business Mangetrment Interview

original hiring was Labor Accounting advanced to Sr. Facilities Engineer and Section Management of the Facilities Division 1st Douglas Aircraft, became McDonnell Douglas, then Boeing. Started as a Labor timekeeper, from there advance to higher paying jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Large Business Case during layoff periods of the company, Learning new Accounting software   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

I was contacted by Boeing for an interview through my University's cooperative education office. They had my contact information from a previous engineering career fair held at my university. I had to apply for the position online prior tot he interview. I was interviewed by two Boeing managers for about 45 minutes. The interview questions were five basic behavior-based interview questions.

Materials & Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Applied online. Phone call from HR a week or two later followed by a call by manager a day or ywo after that. Scheduled a phone interview a few days after that. Interview was done on phone between myself, hiring manager, a few engineers and a manager outside the group. Pretty easy non-technical interview. Lasted for about an hour and consisted mostly of personality and experience questions relating to school, work and other items on resume.

Tool Integration Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

It was a Panel Interview. There were 3 people total- 1 manager and 2 team members.
    It took about 45 mins
    They asked me 5 questions (ALL STAR FORMAT)
    It was very straight forward, but nothing was difficult.
    The questions were like ethics/ teamwork/ personality
    Be prepare about 5 past experience events related to the job.

No negotiation