Boeing Designer I Interview Questions

2.8

Systems Design and Integration I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

applied online from california for job in south carolina, selected for in-person interview, company flew me to s.c. and put me up in a hotel for the interview. panel interview, not all members of panel were knowledgable about position but very friendly and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person in order to meet a goal. (not very hard questions, STAR interview model)   Answer Question

generous offer, but I was able to secure a position that better fit my ideal corporate culture model. (google)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

Interview

Usually the first interview is a phone screen, then depending on how that goes you either get an in person interview or an offer letter. I was given an offer after my phone interview with 3 people. Questions were mostly behavioral. They might throw in a twist like, describe a time when you solved an engineering problem, where you have to describe a real engineering problem, a solution, and results.

Interview Questions

• Might ask about a real engineering problem, where you have to describe a real engineering problem, a solution, and results.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not much negotiation with salary, everything is pretty automated and standard. You are given a bonus plus any expenses to move if you are outside of state.

Structural Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niceville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Niceville, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied on company website. Got a phone call to set up a phone interview 1 month later. Had phone interview with two senior managers. The interviewers were extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. They asked textbook behavioral interview questions as well as specific questions about past work.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult as I recall. Really I think the answer to any question is the best answer you can think of at that time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted their first offer outright. I was not in a position to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very structured. It consisted of a phone interview that lasts about an hour.