Boeing Interview Questions

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

I was interviewed by a panel of 3. They employed their "structured interview process" which consisted of a number of questions that start with "tell me about a time when..." . While I think that this is a very objective way to interview a group of candidates, the assumption is that every candidate will have the experience that they are asking about--something that is highly unfair if you don't have an exact match. For instance, "tell me about a time when you led a diverse team of people. What was the situation/tasks involved, what actions did you take, and what was the result?" So what if you led a team of people that wasn't diverse? Or perhaps you were part of a diverse team but didn't lead it? What if the situation had nothing to do with a type of position you were applying for?

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in October 2011.

very tough almost unanswerable questions cant really prepare for this

Interview Questions
    • describe our ethics and how you would apply them to meet or exceed our standards   View Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in July 2012.

I prepared for the interview, but was asked questions that I did not expect. It was administrative based. The interview critisized my experience and skills twice. I have a professional background. Boeing employees believe that they know more than anyone in the world.

Interview Questions
    • Discribe how you used interpersonal relationships in your career, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

It took 5 months after I applied online until I get an interview.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in June 2013.

I applied online, got an interview a week later. The interview was scheduled to last 45 minutes, but mine lasted about an hour and a half. I receive an offer call from my boss after 3 hours. An effective PM is one that shows very strong empathetic skill and strength/confidence in their ability to lead and get the job done.

Remember, when you get an interview, they already think you're qualified. Make sure you are able to convey your social skills and passion for project management in your interview. It is by far one of the most difficult jobs to land due to the rare nature of someone who possesses strong social skill, technical prowess, and proven adaptability.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to display your personality up front. Do research on the company and think about why and how your skills can contribute to the company. This is true for any interview. STAR method questions are very straightforward. If you do your research, you may be able to predict a few questions they will ask. Be honest. I feel this advice was key to my success in getting an offer. Good luck!   View Answer

Suppl Chain Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in November 2011.

Structured interview focusing on leadership values and project management best practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had multiple priorites that needed attention and you "found a way"   Answer Question
    Internal offers rarely allow for true negotiation. Be prepared to come into the company at a good place or struggle for good salary penetration moving forward.

Computer Security and Information Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Boeing in February 2010.

Standard now is applying through the Boeing Employment Staffing System online. Each job I went for after joing Boeing had a different internal process.

Interview Questions
    • scenario: you have a meeting in 5 minuts with a client. The client needs a secure data transfer and online meeting capability that can add or exclude attendees depending on their need to know levels.   View Answer

The initial promotion, travel, and compensations were not contained in the final employment offer. The position was in Brussels, Belgium with 70% travel to remote portions of the globe. I was also informed this was an unaccompanied tour of two years. My wife did not agree to two years separation.

Procurement Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Very similar process for most employees. Begins with a call and small interview panel. Best results when you describe a situation, the role you had, the action you took and the results of that action clearly. Be careful to identify weaknesses and actions you took in difficult situations i.e. arguments with boss or differences of opinion with co-workers. These are quick methods to see how your behavior and quick thinking. There will likely be 4-5 of these questions. The panel will be writing so speak clearly and slow enough for them to write, but fast enough to keep the conversation up-beat.

If you are lucky, you will be called in for another interview or made an offer. The 1:4 interview will be more of the same. The offer will be nonnegotiable. If you reject it, they will go to the next candidate. Afterwards the background check. This was incredible detailed and scrutinized my entire life including W-2s from over 8 yrs. ago and a credit check. If you pass, you get hired.

Lastly - The relocation company was incredible. They were excellent!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with your boss. What was the situation?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Procurement Agent II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in December 2013.

I was hired two months after applying because I had to re-write my resume several times to include "keywords" from the job description. I was then notified by email that I was chosen for an interview. The interview took place at the site where I applied and there were three managers in the room with me. Seven questions were asked, which took an hour, and the questions were in S.T.A.R. form: Situation, Task, Action, and Result. They give you a situation and ask you which task you were given, what your actions were, and the result of your actions. They also give you time to answer and you can go back to any question if you have anything extra to add. You have time to ask them questions at the end, and my advice is to ask which program you will be on!! That way, you can network with people at orientation.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions in my interview were difficult, but one of them was a little unexpected. I was asked about diversity and how I handled a situation where there was a language barrier. I mentioned that I was prior military and had several deployments overseas with different cultures and went from there!   Answer Question
    I have never negotiated my salary before, so I didn't know if I should have or even when the proper time would have been to do so. I didn't want to overstep my boundaries because I was offered $14,000 more than my last job!

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in January 2014.

Typical structured interview - phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you handle cultural diversity in your work place?   View Answer

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!