Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. It was not hard at all. There were two separate interviews, one was a behavioral style interview and the other was a case study. The case study had me grouped with four other people and we had a problem to solve and present it to the interviewers. The entire process took two days. The night of the second interview I was told I was going to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a project didn't go as planned, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

IT Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy process. I just applied went to the open interviews and Waited on the callbacks. The interview process mainly observes your willingness to learn and teamwork skills. Overall it was fun. And they will ask if you know any history about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where so I see myself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Business Intern A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

It begins with calls and then proceeds to interviews in groups and one on ones depending on the manager hiring you (some just get one call and done). It is generally an easy process. Getting linked in with a particular manager is important. The best way to do this is to find Boeing at a career fair or look up a recruiter on linkedIn and find a matching event. Here a bunch of managers will basically "speed date" (their term) with potential interns to determine best fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem and how you went about solving it.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Structured Interview (STAR method)- There were two interviewers (both current employees); Roughly seven questions; The overall process from application to offer takes forever (actual months). Very straightforward and consistent with other companies.

Propulsion Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. They focused a lot on providing ways that you worked cohesively with a group of people. There were 3 interviewers, all of which were design engineers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you faced problems with other groups releasing engineering. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Production Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview with 3-5 team members who either asked question pertaining to the position and work-life situations and balance. Scenarios were given regarding my ability to use Microsoft Project in relation to real life schedules for which the Master Program Scheduler was seeking candidates for. There was a 1:1 interview with the Master Scheduler after a background check along with meeting team members after a personality quiz or assessment. There was a drug test, followed by orientation training, and photo picture ID

Interview Questions

• What does the meaning of Task describe?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in the Fall of 2014. In January 2015, I got a phone interview. They asked three typical STAR (Situation - Task - Action - Result) questions. Overall, I thought the interview when alright. However, I did not receive any notifications of my status until late April when I learned that an offer had been extended. I then went online and accepted the offer.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

They interviewed me over phone and never gave me response the result. I guess when you've waited at least 1 month without any feedback, you would figure out by yourself you're not hired

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you applied Lean. How did you work in a diverse team ?   Answer Question

Test and Evaluation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

STAR method, typical interview questions. Prepare before going to an interview, employers and hiring managers can tell those fresh grads. Try answering spontaneously and not have an open-ended or hanging answer. In tact and be very professional. It is fine to have a couple examples on your answer but focus on one situation and be very specific of what you did, your analysis, and the action you took to do the job.

Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very structured interview process with only 6-8 questions. Lasts 60 minutes. First question asks you to relate your work experience and credentials related to the job. At least 2 questions will address your experience with diversity and working with others. Give more information than you think they'll want because they may not ask follow-up questions. All questions require you to relate a specific experience, the situation, your role, what you did, and the outcome. Keep responses to 2-3 minutes. The interview can feel cold and distant, but that is because the interviewers are told not to show much emotion. Humor can be good, but don't be surprised if a joke falls flat. You'll have about 10 minutes to ask questions at the end. Your questions will tell the team more about your interest in the job than anything else, so really think about what you ask and how it might come across. You may take notes, but they will be confiscated before you leave, per Boeing policy. Post interview, don't follow up with the interviewers. It can be seen as desperate or annoying. Hearing back can take anywhere from a few days to a month depending on what other approvals are needed within the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to convince a resistant customer the benefits of a different instructional strategy or technology than they were used to. Describe the situation, your role, what actions you took, and the outcome.   Answer Question