Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.8

Payloads Interior Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed in the EAHI process. It was very difficult to be selected for the interview, but the interview itself was pretty straightforward. Questions based on what I wrote about in my resume. Panel of three people, one from each division of the company. After the interview, I was notified that I had been selected as one of the participants in the EAHI program, where Boeing flies new graduates to Seattle for a weekend to interview with different managers for positions within the company, but a job is guaranteed regardless.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

Boeing follows a strict behavioral interview protocol. They have a list of acceptable questions which they can ask and the interviewer will choose about three from that list. In theory, the interviewer is not supposed to engage in any other conversation with the applicant, but in practice, they are human and they will. Any Boeing employee who has ever conducted an interview will have a training packet which contains the acceptable questions. Usually the interview is one-on-one but i also had phone interviews with more than one person. After your interview, you will be rated and a recommendation will be made to the hiring manager. This process is strictly controlled due to some costly ethical lapses that happened with the company in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a difficult situation with a coworker and how you reacted   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult situation with a boss and how you reacted   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you messed up and how you reacted   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you want to counter their offer, unless the hiring manager really wants you, you must have a competing offer to show them.

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA).

Interview

efficient, normal questions for entry level position to gain knowledge of skill set. Lots of people applying for positions at Boeing, maybe need to know someone to get hired on.

IAO Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Boeing (Hunts, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

None: I submitted a resume and was given an offer, after a short phone interview, since it was TS we were limited as to what we can discuss: SIMPLE, EZ - KISS - keep it simple stupid...

Negotiation

I was told that I can ask for a higher salary since I was taking a cut in pay of $30K, I asked to split the difference, I was told not only no - but hell no.

International BusinessProgram (IBIP) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2015.

Interview

Saw the offer online at my university's career development program and applied through Boeing's main portal website. Went through the standard Boeing application form AFTER having uploaded a resume in PDF format. A screening phone call came in after a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you faced and how did you manage to overcome it.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Boeing, or at least my department was very open and straightforward about the process. I received an email about the interview, and they told me that the interview will be in STAR format. If you don't know what that is, Google it.

When I arrived, I had to sign an NDA and the interview started. There were two managers, two leads, and another writer there. They each asked one question, and it was over in approximately 45 minutes.

The only thing I felt awkward about was that I was unable to show them my samples and portfolio. I was told beforehand that they would not look at it, but I had brought some anyways. No mention of it at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me bit about your background.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question
    • What writings tools are you familiar with and what types of documentation do you have experience with?   Answer Question

Corporate Citizenship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

My first interview was a 4-person panel. The questions were behavioral with multiple parts. I was allowed to take notes to remember the questions. I was told the top 3-4 candidates would be brought in for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager and his supervisor. A week later, I received a call informing me that they decided to move forward with 1 of the 2 openings. The other opening (which I was being considered for based on my education/experience) was being re-evaluated and they were likely going to go in a different direction for the candidate pool.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a diverse group of people to complete a project? There were at least 2-3 other parts to this question.   Answer Question

Real Time Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in May 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews only. The first was very regimented STAR behavioral with typical questions. The second was a little more relaxed with more room to explore. Very few technical questions other than describing my past experience.

Since I have been working at Boeing I have sat on interview panels. The Boeing process gives very little leeway for the interviewers to do anything but ask the STAR questions generated by HR/Hiring manager. This means that for the interviewee it is imperative you are prepared to show off all of your important work experience in the form of answers to behavioral questions. You will be rated on the answer to each question based solely on the content of your answer and nothing else.

Also note that the hiring process is remarkably slow. I think was 6 months from when I submitted a resume online to my start date.

Systems and Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Job was posted at University where I then applied online. I was contacted for an interview a few weeks later which was to take place at a hiring event.

Interview questions were standard behavioral based. You may notice the interviews marking scores in the lower right. I noticed fours and fives from one person and threes and fours from the others.

After about a week and a half I received an offer by email.

After accepting the offer I was told my start date was tentatively two months to three months away. There is drug screening and background. If your position requires a security clearance I imagine it could take longer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult paper you had to write. Professional or academically.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the original offer, expect your start date to be a few months away.

Facilities Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Auburn, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on January 1st and got a call in late February to come in for an interview. I interviewed the following week and got an offer exactly one week after the interview. The week after the offer I got emails asking for permission for a background check and instructions for my drug test. I did those immediately and the background check took nearly 4 weeks. So it wasn't until April 1st that I got my final call saying my contingencies had cleared.

Over all the process was good. The interview was relatively relaxed with the same questions for each candidate. The questions were mostly personal with only a few minor technical questions. The process took longer than I would have liked but with giant companies that can happen. Over all everyone I communicated with was very accommodating and my experience was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Structured interview questions. Same for everyone. We had to agree not to reveal the actual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was excellent so no negotiating took place.