Boeing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Pricing and Estimating Interview

Pricing and Estimating

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Interview Details – applied online...phone call to set up initial interview with panel of 5...no idea who set up the interview (never identified if he was HR, hiring manager?)...phone screen was in a conference room where only one of them was by the phone (couldn't really hear any of the others talking)...within the first 30 seconds of the call the job was described without the HR verbiage and it was clear that it was not the right fit for me - i explained as much and suggested that the interview end, but went ahead anyway - my mistake....not the right position for me, led to an hour-long ordeal that was uncomfortable at best for all and a total waste of time for everyone involved

Comm Specialist II Interview

Comm Specialist II

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details – I applied in early Feb, 2014, had a phone interview in March in which they asked basic questions about why you want the job, or why you want to work for the company. Then, went in for a face to face interview in mid-march, and heard back at the end of the month.

Interview Question – They ask all situational questions, one that threw me off was how I communicated with someone with a different cultural background.   Answer Question

Business Development Analyst Interview

Business Development Analyst
Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in May 2014.

Interview Details – Panel with HR-approved questions where three managers and an HR representative were present. Interview was telephonic with the top 3 candidates. Was informed a decision would be made within 7 days, however, the company announced a reorganization that has delayed the process by several months.

Information Technology Career Foundation Program (ITCFP) Interview

Information Technology Career Foundation Program (ITCFP)
Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted May 2014.
I was flown to Puget Sound, WA for the 2 stage assessment (interview) 2 weeks later in June. Boeing lodged its candidates at DoubleTree. Pretty fancy. Warning: You pay your cab to the airport. Boeing handles the rest. Also they give you meal tickets so you dont spend your money. Its a day and a half ordeal. Get to WA in the afternoon or at night then leave the next day in the afternoon or evening. They replied me the next day after the interview with my rejection. :(

Interview:
There was was a behaviorial/structured interview and a group interview.
In the mail they send out before the interview, they give out an attachment explaining the interview process, I mentioned above They tell you like 2 questions they will ask and put them up like they are examples. They are NOT examples. They asked me those questions. Prepare a nice strong story and arranged your answers in the STAR format, so you are not missing anything. Be prepared for others. They have 5-6 questions to ask you. 2 of them are: Describe a time when you were working on a team project and you had to motivate your teammates to accomplish their tasks. What was the situation? What role did you play? What was the outcome?
Tell me about a time when you had to meet multiple deadlines. What was the situation? What did you do? How did you handle this situation and what was the result?

Perception:
There was like an hour of rest in between where the program manager talks to the candidates about the program. I've got to say, it would have been a nice program for any intern or job seeker. Boeing is mighty flexible and all their employees I met seemed generally satisfied with where they worked and praised how much they could move within the company. Pick their brains if you are super interested.
All the candidates (interns and job seekers) alike were very talented people. Some are college grads and others are juniors and seniors in college, but most of them have extensive experience from decent schools. Please don't be worried, but I assure whoever reads this, you should know, that they are not hiring all candidates and that you have competition.

Office is cubicle like. Pretty regular and not too attractive. Just nice enough. I am unsure about the work culture, but I noticed they are well equipped with good computers and they have pretty nice health incentives. From my former experience with manufacturing companies, they seem pretty standard in how they work...computers and some running around. However it seems team work and communication is key there.

Interview Questions

• Honestly 2 most unexpected questions got me and probably had me look unprepared. It was something like describing a project and explaining the methodology I used, why I used said method and what was the outcome.

View Answer
  • Something similar to the above, but I had to state the technical specifications of the solution. So in general, please prepare solid solutions and explain them in a stepwise format. I tripped over these questions for some reason. Even if you have interview experience, please do NOT underestimate the exploitative potential of these 2 questions. I believe they got me, because I was ill prepared for them.   View Answer
  • Group interviews ask you to solve a problem (like a business case). Mine asked us to solve a problem concerning information and a need make it accurate, eradicate old information and make changes in real time. Also help people have certain level of access to this information.

If I had known I wouldnt have said much, cuz I didnt know much. My advice is: Let people talk. You do the listening and contribute what you know. It is timed like this:
    15 minutes to go over the problem with by yourself, in the interviewer's presence. There are like 4 interviewers that wont say a thing and are writing their evaluations of you (you are with your team, but you are not allowed to talk to them in these 15 minutes).
    30 minutes to plan with your team about what the solution will be. This where you need to talk and be wary of your interviewers (I suggest you read up on group interviews of this sort). During this time, yall need to find time to know how you intend to present your solution to him.
    5 minutes to present your findings to the head interviewer (he will make himself known).
      Answer Question

All Position Interview

All Position

I applied online and interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview. Usually about 8 - 10 questions. Expect a diversity question and the other questions to be similar to "tell me about a time that you.... and what did you do, what were the steps and what were the results"

Interview Question – Don't recall, expect behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – took about 2-3 weeks, could take 2 - 3 months depending on hiring manager

Very Easy Interview

Senior Contracts Manager Interview

Senior Contracts Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in January 2012.

Interview Details – Quick discussion on department objectives. I met all of the key players and discussed my recent experience with DCAA CAS review and bidding 50-60 proposals per year. The review was very comfortable and laid back. Boeing San Diego is a very stress free enviroment and that is what I like best about the current job.

Negotiation Details – none

Stress Analysis Engineer Interview

Stress Analysis Engineer

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details – This is a Contract position to The Boeing Company thru the contract house. Phone interview. The only question is what you worked on in the pass and when you can start.

Negotiation Details – if you ask for higher rate, they will add 1 or 2 dollars , or tell you their max.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – The process was a single on site interview. The interview consists of several behavioral questions, i.e. "tell me a time when..." Overall, fairly easy, no technical questions and a great interview experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you took initiative.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was with a group panel and about 10 questions. Process was laid back and not difficult. Mainly looking for individuals with military experience. Questions asked could have been easily pulled off your own resume. No skill testing or situational questions were asked.

Interview Question – None. Run of the mill "What are your strengths", "What's your greatest weakness", "What are your skill sets"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process takes a very long time from date I first applied to offer date was close to four months. The interview was very strait forward they use the STAR Interview process. Just be patient and persistent.

Interview Question – very easy and strait forward.   Answer Question