Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

5 Structured Interview Questions over the phone with a panel. They screened my resume/application first. Manager called me to schedule an interview. After the interview, he called me to ask for my managers contact. They talked about my experience and then the hiring manager gave me a call to unofficially extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone with a different background than you (race, gender, age, etc.) A general question about your training/background. Diversity question. A time when you disagreed with someone else. A project that was above and beyond your normal responsibility.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boeing (Tacoma, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter online was contacted very shortly and I received an email with a request for a phone interview with the human resources department The phone interview with very structured I also was scheduled for a second interview with the human resources manager but was informed that they went with an internal candidate

Interview Questions

• they asked me my philosophy on how I would support my customer and what I felt was important in supporting my customer   1 Answer

Supply Chain Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

The process was really simple. I first applied on the Boeing Careers website. I used a requisite from the school to find the job. I heard back a couple weeks later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions you would expect. No funny problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied through the internal job postings application. Ended up getting an interview after a couple weeks of applying. The interview was over the phone and was mostly behavioral questions around specific experiences. I was extended an followed an offer a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with people that are not easy to work with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interview was a phone interview, 5 questions, not bad as long as you are prepared. Looking up questions and having an idea of how I might answer them if asked helped me a lot. I thought the interview went well for me but got an email a month later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Received invitation for an interview after a month of waiting. Allowed 2 days to prepare. Called in and there were 3 managers and I was asked 5 questions. Allowed you to ask questions after the interviews. Very formal process. Never heard back from them again. A guy I know received his offer within a day for a similar position, so I guess there were other stronger candidates.

Business and Planning Analyst II/III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (South Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Timeline: 4/28/15 - I applied online for the position. 5/19/15 - I received an e-mail inviting me to an interview event. 6/3/15 - I attended the interview event. 6/9/15 - I received a phone call from Boeing HR telling me they would like to extend me an offer. The Interview Event: The interview took place at the Boeing facility on East Marginal Way in South Seattle. You sign in, show your ID, then wait outside the auditorium for them to call your name and someone will escort you into the auditorium. There were 9 other candidates there at the same time as me, and surprisingly there was only 1 female candidate (I got the dreaded 8:00am interview time slot). I believe we all were competing for the same positions - I had a chance to chat a bit with 3 other guys that were sitting at my table and all 3 had accounting/finance backgrounds. My guess is that the interviewers determine whether you end up as a level 2 or level 3 Analyst based on your applicable experience (I ended up being offered a level 3 position). The auditorium is set up with curtains formed into small "cubicles" and each "cubicle" has a table in the middle with 4 chairs surrounding it (2 on each side). The space is somewhat cramped for 4 adults, and you can hear other people interviewing on either side of you...which can be distracting. I met with 3 managers who took turns asking me questions. Each person asked me 2 questions, however, some questions had 2-3 parts so overall I was asked a total of about 10 questions. While one interviewer is asking you the question and writing down your answer, the other 2 are watching you...which can be intimidating. All questions were behavioral based, and the interviewers are writing your answers down on sheets that are separated into Situation, Action and Result sections (being in such a cramped space allowed me to see the sheet). This is a grueling interview - the e-mail from Boeing telling you the details of the event even used the word "intense" to describe the process! I would advise anyone interviewing at Boeing to get a solid list of behavioral questions and practice your answers in STAR format in front of a mirror for at least a week prior to the interview. Most importantly, do not forget the Result part of your answer...that would be like telling a great joke and then forgetting the punch line. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your education and experience have prepared you for this role.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you came up with a creative solution to a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't even try to negotiate - I received what I considered to be a very generous offer.

Procurement Agent I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received an offer to interview at the Boeing hiring event in Seattle. The interview was packed with people interviewing for what appeared to be just three job titles. Once you check in, they ask you to sit at a table. They call back interviewees a couple at a time and you enter a ballroom that has been coverted into interview hub with room dividers. There were at least 40 interview "rooms." Once in the room, you are interviewed by 2 people: a manager and an HR representative. The interview is standard behavioral questions: name a time, what experiences prepare you for this job, what would you do if... Interviews typically last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given a process to implement and everyone hated it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boeing in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel consisting of the hiring manager, HR representative, and additional management representatives. Interview structure was a series of situational response questions reflecting the core competencies, roles & responsibilities, and required qualifications of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you led a time utilizing critical thinking to develop a solution.   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Confusing at first. didn't really know the process and was never explained to me. People I was supposed to meet with didn't seem to know about the meeting. A little frustrating.

Interview Questions

• What is your machining experience   1 Answer