Boeing Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
638 interviews

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Submitted Application, was contacted by 90 days after I submitted application. I was interviewed using a structured interview process. The applicant needs to talk about a situation, what I did and what was the outcome. They are looking specifically for this format. What they are looking for is: during the situation did you or your team see a need to improve upon the situation? If so, what did you do? Then the outcome, did you improve the situation by reducing a financial obligation to the company? Did you improve the situation by reducing steps it took to complete therefore you introduced a lean practice?

Interview Questions
    • The diversity questions aren't usually about what you think it is: Gender, race, nationality. It can be about a different culture you came into or how people perceive differently because they were raised differently than you. Answers to the diversity are usually: I get along with anybody, I like all kinds of people from different races, genders and nationalities.
      Think outside the box and come up with an answer in how you might have encountered a different culture than your own and you worked with that person to come up with a compromise or a solution.
        Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate pay or time off. The package they offered was the package they offered

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2013.

Very long interview-hiring-cycle. Received an email from their corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. More of a conversation/screening resume review rather than formal interview. Received a callback from a different corporate recruiter to set-up an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a standard behavioral based (STAR) panel interview led by the hiring manager with two colleagues. No surprises, very straight forward Interview 101 stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you over-promised and under-delivered.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Applied online... a couple of weeks later was sent a questionnaire to fill out via email... a week later asked to fill out an application online... a couple of weeks later was emailed that I had been selected for an interview, was given a date but not a time or location... then two days before the interview was emailed the rest of the details. So it's a long process without much details or personal touch along the way. Interviewed in front of a panel of people... standard behavioral type questions. The interview panel was nice but it was a very structured process. Was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • There are 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions all expecting a star response.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Boeing.

It was a long process for me (4-6 months) from the time I applied to the day I actually showed up for my first day of work. They follow a Structured Interview Process were all questions require Situation-Action-Result so you need to be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer with real, past examples with Situation-Action-Result.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in May 2010.

I applied to the Boeing company at a NSBE convention my senior year in college. I spoke to a representative about a Manufacturing Engineering position on the 787 dreamliner program and with my fabrication background, they were immediately impressed. I had additional conversation with another representative who help a management position at Boeing and I was asked to return that evening for a 2 part interview for an Engineering I position. The first part of the interview was basic educational questions with a Boeing manager that lasted for about 45 min. After passing that, I returned the next day for a panel situational interview with 3 Boeing Engineering managers. It was intense for a first career interview as a senior. Questions like “describe a situation where you rushed to reach a deadline and how did you deal with it?”

Interview Questions
    My first career job out of college. Didnt negotiate.

Integral Fuel Cell Sealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in July 2012.

Applied online for several positions over a period of months. Received a call and had an interviewed scheduled for about 10 days later. The interview was pretty low key, three interviewers asked me a series of questions that were mostly about how I work with other people and respond in compromising situations. I was also required to fit through a small hoop to prove that I could fit into the confined spaces that the job is performed in. I received a call with an offer later that day and accepted it. Started work in another two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about a time that I had to work as a team through a difficult or unusual circumstance.   View Answers (2)
    I didn't negotiate, I was actually really surprised by the awesome pay and benefits.

Structural Analysis Engineer I Interview

It was a pretty slow process. Interview was structured (same questions for every applicant) and took about an hour with mostly technical questions. Interview took place at office building. Most questions were pretty basic, and I was able to answer most of them. I received offer letter two weeks after scheduled interview.

Systems Design and Integration I/II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Boeing in May 2014.

applied online from california for job in south carolina, selected for in-person interview, company flew me to s.c. and put me up in a hotel for the interview. panel interview, not all members of panel were knowledgable about position but very friendly and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person in order to meet a goal. (not very hard questions, STAR interview model)   Answer Question

generous offer, but I was able to secure a position that better fit my ideal corporate culture model. (google)

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Boeing.

Your resume has to have certain key words to filter through the system prior to anyone reviewing the content. Look at the job requisition and try to figure out what the buzz words may be. All interviews are with a panel of no less then 3 people. The hiring manager will be on the panel. They ask you between 8-10 behavioral type questions. I have interviewed many times and everyone is always professional and make you feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Using your previous logistics experience please describe your knowledge of regulatory with Dangerous Goods, International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR).   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Boeing in July 2012.

I applied online for a position. I was called to set up an 1 hour phone interview. after a couple of weeks. There was 3 questions that they said they asked all applicants they were interviewing. They were very straightforward. I didn't hear back for almost two months, and then they came back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward, typical behavioral type questions.. Give an example when you had to ...   Answer Question