Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and about 7 weeks later, I got a phone call for interview. Was contacted by HR manager to set up time for interview a week after.

No negotiation

Section Manager - Facilities Acquisition and Business Mangetrment Interview

original hiring was Labor Accounting advanced to Sr. Facilities Engineer and Section Management of the Facilities Division 1st Douglas Aircraft, became McDonnell Douglas, then Boeing. Started as a Labor timekeeper, from there advance to higher paying jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Large Business Case during layoff periods of the company, Learning new Accounting software   Answer Question

Environmental Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in January 2015.

Was a phone interview for a position out of state. Talked with the HR generalist and two managers. Interview was pretty straight forward and only lasted about 45 minutes. They only asked about 4 questions all of which were very simple behavior type questions. Nothing technical at all. Overall very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you took initiative as a leader.
      Describe a time in which you worked in a team.
      How has your education and work experience prepared you for this position.
      Tell us a time in which you solved a problem.

Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in January 2015.

Had a one hour interview with some engineering leads and program managers. Was asked to describe networking technologies, acronyms, and how I would solve networking issues. Besides some technical questions I was asked a very regulated set of behavioral questions about how I work with others in a team, describe scenarios where things didnt go as planned, etc. Your typical STAR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would identify a location of a network issue in a very large scale network? Describe CIDR and subnetting?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

I was contacted by Boeing for an interview through my University's cooperative education office. They had my contact information from a previous engineering career fair held at my university. I had to apply for the position online prior tot he interview. I was interviewed by two Boeing managers for about 45 minutes. The interview questions were five basic behavior-based interview questions.

Tool Integration Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

It was a Panel Interview. There were 3 people total- 1 manager and 2 team members.
    It took about 45 mins
    They asked me 5 questions (ALL STAR FORMAT)
    It was very straight forward, but nothing was difficult.
    The questions were like ethics/ teamwork/ personality
    Be prepare about 5 past experience events related to the job.

No negotiation

Materials & Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Applied online. Phone call from HR a week or two later followed by a call by manager a day or ywo after that. Scheduled a phone interview a few days after that. Interview was done on phone between myself, hiring manager, a few engineers and a manager outside the group. Pretty easy non-technical interview. Lasted for about an hour and consisted mostly of personality and experience questions relating to school, work and other items on resume.

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

The overall process took about eight weeks from start to finish. The background check was the longest part and took about 3 1/2 weeks. The interview was a standard structured interview, with predefined questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with conflict in the workplace, and the outcome of what happened.   Answer Question
    Study a diverse background for your assessment test, it will cover more information than you think it will from multiple disciplines.

Systems Engineer II Interview

usual questions using STAR system. I think there was about 6 of them. They are all behavioral questions. Only lasted about 45 minutes (was over the phone) and I got my offer a week later.

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Applied online. Make sure to tailor your resume to match the competencies listed on their job description. The first interview was done via phone. If you do well, they will email you an invitation for an in person interview. The person interview is an all day event that consists of multiple interviews with different teams. Depending on how well you interviewed with each team; you may receive multiple offers from individual teams or none at all. The most important thing to keep in mind when interviewing is that Boeing interviews are very structured and they ask only behavioral questions. This means that you want to respond in a very structured format. Start off by stating the situation. Then briefly list the actions you took to correct the problem. Last, state the outcome/result of your actions. To really impress the interviewers, try to come up with something profound at the end of every response. Kind of like the moral of the story. In this case, it's what you would try to avoid in the future to prevent this problem from happening again.

Interview Questions
    • If you read over the competencies listed in their job description, you should be well prepared. All the questions are related to the competencies. Try to think of stories ahead of time that relates to the competencies so that you can tell it when asked during the interview.   Answer Question