Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Boeing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Engineering majors are sought out but they are also always interested in IT and business majors. Typically, you must attend an interview on a Boeing site but phone interviews are not unheard of.

Interview Questions
    • You can expect the standard "tell us a time you..." questions/scenarios. Have good examples of how you were a leader in a project, how you reacted to a diverse group of people and how you helped others. This is all standard.   Answer Question
    Boeing rarely negotiates and definitely not with Interns.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2013.

Extremely brief and over the phone. Very non stressful interview. Although it may be different for hiring interns than with applying for a employee position. The process was a breeze and takes an average amount of time to move through the system just as with any large fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't remember. Probably, why would you be a good fit for working at Boeing?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in December 2013.

Boeing uses what they call a structure interview process. They usually ask 5-7 questions in the attribute areas that are described in the job description. I was asked 5 questions. The format of the answer needs to first describe a work or personal experience in the form of a "situation", and then proceed to how you responded to that situation and then the outcome of that situation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, since they all fit one of the attribute categories in the job description. As long as you have examples you can apply in each attribute category you should be fine.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Submitted Application, was contacted by 90 days after I submitted application. I was interviewed using a structured interview process. The applicant needs to talk about a situation, what I did and what was the outcome. They are looking specifically for this format. What they are looking for is: during the situation did you or your team see a need to improve upon the situation? If so, what did you do? Then the outcome, did you improve the situation by reducing a financial obligation to the company? Did you improve the situation by reducing steps it took to complete therefore you introduced a lean practice?

Interview Questions
    • The diversity questions aren't usually about what you think it is: Gender, race, nationality. It can be about a different culture you came into or how people perceive differently because they were raised differently than you. Answers to the diversity are usually: I get along with anybody, I like all kinds of people from different races, genders and nationalities.
      Think outside the box and come up with an answer in how you might have encountered a different culture than your own and you worked with that person to come up with a compromise or a solution.
        Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate pay or time off. The package they offered was the package they offered

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2013.

Very long interview-hiring-cycle. Received an email from their corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. More of a conversation/screening resume review rather than formal interview. Received a callback from a different corporate recruiter to set-up an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a standard behavioral based (STAR) panel interview led by the hiring manager with two colleagues. No surprises, very straight forward Interview 101 stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you over-promised and under-delivered.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Applied online... a couple of weeks later was sent a questionnaire to fill out via email... a week later asked to fill out an application online... a couple of weeks later was emailed that I had been selected for an interview, was given a date but not a time or location... then two days before the interview was emailed the rest of the details. So it's a long process without much details or personal touch along the way. Interviewed in front of a panel of people... standard behavioral type questions. The interview panel was nice but it was a very structured process. Was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • There are 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions all expecting a star response.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Boeing.

It was a long process for me (4-6 months) from the time I applied to the day I actually showed up for my first day of work. They follow a Structured Interview Process were all questions require Situation-Action-Result so you need to be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer with real, past examples with Situation-Action-Result.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in May 2010.

I applied to the Boeing company at a NSBE convention my senior year in college. I spoke to a representative about a Manufacturing Engineering position on the 787 dreamliner program and with my fabrication background, they were immediately impressed. I had additional conversation with another representative who help a management position at Boeing and I was asked to return that evening for a 2 part interview for an Engineering I position. The first part of the interview was basic educational questions with a Boeing manager that lasted for about 45 min. After passing that, I returned the next day for a panel situational interview with 3 Boeing Engineering managers. It was intense for a first career interview as a senior. Questions like “describe a situation where you rushed to reach a deadline and how did you deal with it?”

Interview Questions
    My first career job out of college. Didnt negotiate.

Systems Design and Integration I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in May 2014.

applied online from california for job in south carolina, selected for in-person interview, company flew me to s.c. and put me up in a hotel for the interview. panel interview, not all members of panel were knowledgable about position but very friendly and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person in order to meet a goal. (not very hard questions, STAR interview model)   Answer Question

generous offer, but I was able to secure a position that better fit my ideal corporate culture model. (google)

Integral Fuel Cell Sealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in July 2012.

Applied online for several positions over a period of months. Received a call and had an interviewed scheduled for about 10 days later. The interview was pretty low key, three interviewers asked me a series of questions that were mostly about how I work with other people and respond in compromising situations. I was also required to fit through a small hoop to prove that I could fit into the confined spaces that the job is performed in. I received a call with an offer later that day and accepted it. Started work in another two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about a time that I had to work as a team through a difficult or unusual circumstance.   View Answers (2)
    I didn't negotiate, I was actually really surprised by the awesome pay and benefits.