Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Review Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I was approached at a recruiting event at my college. I had one interview there, a phone interview a few weeks later, then was flown to St. Louis for an all day event with multiple interviews culminating in a group interview where I and 5 others were presented with a challenge to talk and work through. All of the individual interviews were of the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • It's all pretty standard stuff. Be prepared to talk about your past work experience in story mode. I recommend actually writing out several responses based on the job req you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boeing.

There was one phone interview with 3 people. They had set questions to ask where they could not go off the script and had to record everything you said. I expected there to be a second round of interviews at the plant but they made an offer after only the single phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were all "Tell me about a time..." type questions.   Answer Question

Decided job was not best fit for me.

Engineer Interview

Very generic interview with only four or five impersonal questions.

Questions were about previous work experience or about how you would handle a situation or experience.

I believe the interview followed the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result

Structural Analysis Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied in April online, didn't hear anything until the beginning of August. Received email saying congratulations, we are moving forward with your application. Got an email from a hiring manager shortly after to schedule a phone interview. The interview took place about a week later. Five people in the interview, 5 behavioral questions asked. STAR format. They asked several questions digging deeper into my answers. About a week and a half later, I received another email from my hiring manager saying they are moving to an on-site interview. That interview took place in mid September.

Cost Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Boeing.

had one panel interview with department managers and hr. received a response after 2 weeks.went throught negotiation process...which was lenghty and finally accepted job;however got withdrawn due change in staffing needs

Interview Questions
    • Atime when you had to work with a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

the salary wasn't attractive

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied for the job on their website and was contacted by global staffing to set up a phone interview. Some jobs do require some pre-interview screenings and personality tests that you can do on the internet--they send you a login/password and it's all confidential. For more senior positions and if you're applying internally they will usually try to set up a physical interview with you if you live in the area.

The interview lasted about an hour and was composed of two hiring managers and a HR person. It followed the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) for all questions except the first "Tell us about yourself and why you are a good fit for this position.." as well as an opportunity for me to ask questions afterwards.

The questions were all based directly from the job description among the "General" and "Technical" requirements and could have been very easy to prepare for ahead of time by simply reading the job posting--the requirements are in bullet points (e.g. "Process Modeling", "Work Place Design").

It's important to note that Boeing is currently in the middle of transitioning from their old proprietary job posting system to Taleo but the general format and content of their job postings hasn't changed--all the information you need is still there as far as I can tell.

Every single Boeing interview will also have a question about diversity aka "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone from a different cultural background" or some variant.

For this position I was offered the job a few hours after the interview, but that isn't common. Response time is highly, highly variable and can range from hours to months. It was of course dependent on a background check by both Boeing and NASA (typically it'll just be Boeing--but if you're applying certain jobs there will be extra requirements such as security clearance) and a drug screening by both.

Boeing doesn't typically negotiate much. You can try but it's not general practice for them to budge on anything; I have been on both sides of the table and have never seen any substantial negotiation of salary. They don't do signing bonuses in my experience.

IMPORTANT: If you care about relocation, make sure that you read the job posting--it will generally say yes or no for 'Relocation Assistance.' If for some reason that isn't specified due to their transition to Taleo, find out if you care.

The reason I say this is THEY WILL NEVER NEGOTIATE THIS IN AN OFFER--if relocation assistance isn't specified in the job posting, you will not get relocation assistance. Period.

Business Process Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

The interview itself was the standard STAR questions based on the requirements in the job posting and there were some diversity questions in there as well. If you read the job requirements and prepare examples that show how you meet the requirements from prior experience you are good.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected. They follow a standard process and it is fairly easy to prepare for this interview style.   Answer Question
    While I technically could have negotiated, I heard ahead of time that the director of the department I will be working in does not negotiate salary.

Methods Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Applied through Boeing's website in August. Received an automated follow-up email to verify application a month later. A week after that, received an invitation to have a phone interview, which occurred two days later (other than accepting the calendar invite through the email, I did not receive any responses to emails to Boeing staffing for more information about the interview/process). Phone interview was with a hiring manager and an HR rep. There was one open-ended question (basically a "tell us a little about yourself") then four pretty standard STAR questions, nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary. Within two weeks, I received an offer. From there, there was pre-employment drug screen and background check and they put me in contact with reps for paperwork and relocation, etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer was extended as a PDF/through their website with little detail. It was generous enough and included relocation so I didn't try to negotiate.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Applied on-line. Was sent an email for phone interview., which was later rescheduled. Interview was super formal and idiotic. Followed some sort of HR script, including asking if I needed special accommodations for the interview (a sign language interpreter??). It seemed that they were more interested in making sure that a certain set of questions was asked, rather than any interactive dialog.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you decide how to delegate work to others.   Answer Question

Summer College Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

I applied online for the EAHI process. It's an early hiring process for interns from specific colleges. You need to apply early for this (my school's deadline was September 14). They have a computer screening process that will search for key words in your resume and select people for interviews that way. Think action and cooperation words like "team," "designed," etc. After that, Boeing came to the career fair at my school and also held an info session. I made a point to talk to the recruiters at the career fair and at the info session, so we would already know each other before the interview. They were all extremely kind, professional people. My interview was the day after the career fair. They will interview you individually, and you will have about three people interviewing you. The three people who interviewed me were all alumni from my college, so we already had something in common. After they ask you questions, they will ask you if you have questions for them. Think about possible questions you can ask them. One that never hurts is to ask what their favorite project they worked on for Boeing was.

Interview Questions
    • None that were too difficult. They won't ask you technical questions. There were four STAR-format questions in addition to the generic "why do you want to work for Boeing and what have you learned in school, extracurriculars, etc. that has prepared you for an internship with us?" They will always ask you a question about working as a team, a question about diversity, and a question that helps you showcase how you're a good engineer. Think about possible things you can say to answer these questions before your interview.   Answer Question