Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.8

Materials & Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Boeing visited campus in January and collected resumes. I talked with one of the engineers and then applied online to the suggested job requisitions. Towards the end of March someone from Boeing contacted me and suggested I apply to a requisition one level down, so I did. A few weeks later I received a notification from HR stating I had been selected for an "on site" interview. They booked my hotel and flight literally 2 days before the interview was supposed to happen. The interview was held in a hotel conference center (not my hotel), not actually on site. It consisted of about 45 minutes of STAR questions (i.e. this is something they could have just done over the phone) - I found this very strange considering I am a PhD engineer, and all of my previous interviews involved making some sort of presentation and talking to managers/workers about technical things. No secondary interview involved, job was offered based on my one STAR interview. Salary was about $20k lower than what typical PhDs coming out of my school/major have been offered, and lower than what a non-thesis MS student in my lab was offered elsewhere. No ability to negotiate. My best guess is that they are scrambling to hire new workers after having trouble getting current workers to relocate from St. Louis and Seattle, and that they mass offered and expect some percentage to accept. Kind of a crazy practice if you are trying to get the best possible researchers and engineers to join your organization.

Interview Questions

• They asked not to disclose the information, but it was the same STAR questions you can find anywhere on the internet. I don't actually remember if I'm honest.   Answer Question

Versatile Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked questions by four different interviewers. Three of people worked in technical roles and one person was from human resources. I was asked a total of 5-7 questions which were all in the STAR format. The questions are designed to give you a chance to talk about yourself and your experiences. Give specific examples that demonstrate your proficiency. The questions are not difficult by themselves, but coming up with an solid answer on your feet can be hard. Make notes before your interview.

Interview Questions

• Talke about a time you had to work with diverse/challenging personality types to accomplish a task. Talk about a time you had to gain support for a project and how you made your case.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone then face to face with director level hiring authority. Phone interview was HR only, then face to face was with functional director. Much time describing position and correlating my background to the position.

Procurement Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After submittal of reply to solicitation, an internal evaluation is performed and followed up by a telephone interview with recruiter. If interviewer finds merit in candidate, hiring manager is then allowed to perform a telephonic interview. Upon the successful completion of the telephonic review, an invitation to visit the site for an interview with a panel of evaluators.

Strategy and Business CaptureBDS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied online via Boeing Careers about mid-March. I received a phone call for a phone interview about 3-4 weeks later. Afterwards, there was about a 3 week period until I heard back with their final decisions. The interview/applying process wasn't what took long. Once I was hired, I needed security clearance which took about 3-4 weeks. So, I didn't really get to start till the third week of June because Boeing requires you go through a training session that they only did on certain days of the week. I suggest apply as early as possible because the security clearance takes a while.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would use something you learned in one of your classes during this internship. Describe a time when you led a group in something.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very streamlined. Once I was notified that an interview was imminent, it took only days to have date/time in my email. I met with one Software Manager at the location and interviewed with her and three others via teleconference.

Negotiation

Very easy. Upon receipt of my offer I explained to the notifying recruiter that the offer was about $3K low compared to my current salary and benefits package. That was a Friday. On Monday when I received my formal letter via email, the salary had been increased the $3K to cover my request.

Procurement Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA).

Interview

Structured Interview. Four people doing the interview including an HR rep. Questions can have little to do with the job or work you will perform so I suggest you come with a long list of your own questions for the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions are situational so come prepared to tell them about real life work situations that you rescued   2 Answers

Negotiation

I think it is hard to negotiate anything unless you have a very defined skill they cannot find. They have an attitude that thousands of others want the job so you are lucky they chose you. Cant even negotiate extra vacation as they are pretty slim on that when you start

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied online and it took about 3-4 months to hear back. Received an email stating that I had been selected for a phone interview. The position was entry level so it wasn't anything to too technical about the job. Mainly school experiences.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied through an online application system heard back two weeks later, and had a 45-minute phone interview. It was largely behavioral and was with the manager and three members of the team I would be joining. It was very relaxed and not stressful at all. I heard back two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one project you've completed that you're really proud of, and describe the major technical challenges and how you addressed them.   Answer Question

Systems and Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Job was posted at University where I then applied online. I was contacted for an interview a few weeks later which was to take place at a hiring event.

Interview questions were standard behavioral based. You may notice the interviews marking scores in the lower right. I noticed fours and fives from one person and threes and fours from the others.

After about a week and a half I received an offer by email.

After accepting the offer I was told my start date was tentatively two months to three months away. There is drug screening and background. If your position requires a security clearance I imagine it could take longer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult paper you had to write. Professional or academically.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the original offer, expect your start date to be a few months away.