Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied through the internal job postings application. Ended up getting an interview after a couple weeks of applying. The interview was over the phone and was mostly behavioral questions around specific experiences. I was extended an followed an offer a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with people that are not easy to work with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interview was a phone interview, 5 questions, not bad as long as you are prepared. Looking up questions and having an idea of how I might answer them if asked helped me a lot. I thought the interview went well for me but got an email a month later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

The process was really simple. I first applied on the Boeing Careers website. I used a requisite from the school to find the job. I heard back a couple weeks later and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions you would expect. No funny problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Business and Planning Analyst II/III Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (South Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Timeline: 4/28/15 - I applied online for the position. 5/19/15 - I received an e-mail inviting me to an interview event. 6/3/15 - I attended the interview event. 6/9/15 - I received a phone call from Boeing HR telling me they would like to extend me an offer. The Interview Event: The interview took place at the Boeing facility on East Marginal Way in South Seattle. You sign in, show your ID, then wait outside the auditorium for them to call your name and someone will escort you into the auditorium. There were 9 other candidates there at the same time as me, and surprisingly there was only 1 female candidate (I got the dreaded 8:00am interview time slot). I believe we all were competing for the same positions - I had a chance to chat a bit with 3 other guys that were sitting at my table and all 3 had accounting/finance backgrounds. My guess is that the interviewers determine whether you end up as a level 2 or level 3 Analyst based on your applicable experience (I ended up being offered a level 3 position). The auditorium is set up with curtains formed into small "cubicles" and each "cubicle" has a table in the middle with 4 chairs surrounding it (2 on each side). The space is somewhat cramped for 4 adults, and you can hear other people interviewing on either side of you...which can be distracting. I met with 3 managers who took turns asking me questions. Each person asked me 2 questions, however, some questions had 2-3 parts so overall I was asked a total of about 10 questions. While one interviewer is asking you the question and writing down your answer, the other 2 are watching you...which can be intimidating. All questions were behavioral based, and the interviewers are writing your answers down on sheets that are separated into Situation, Action and Result sections (being in such a cramped space allowed me to see the sheet). This is a grueling interview - the e-mail from Boeing telling you the details of the event even used the word "intense" to describe the process! I would advise anyone interviewing at Boeing to get a solid list of behavioral questions and practice your answers in STAR format in front of a mirror for at least a week prior to the interview. Most importantly, do not forget the Result part of your answer...that would be like telling a great joke and then forgetting the punch line. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your education and experience have prepared you for this role.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you came up with a creative solution to a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't even try to negotiate - I received what I considered to be a very generous offer.

Procurement Agent I/II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received an offer to interview at the Boeing hiring event in Seattle. The interview was packed with people interviewing for what appeared to be just three job titles. Once you check in, they ask you to sit at a table. They call back interviewees a couple at a time and you enter a ballroom that has been coverted into interview hub with room dividers. There were at least 40 interview "rooms." Once in the room, you are interviewed by 2 people: a manager and an HR representative. The interview is standard behavioral questions: name a time, what experiences prepare you for this job, what would you do if... Interviews typically last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given a process to implement and everyone hated it?   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel consisting of the hiring manager, HR representative, and additional management representatives. Interview structure was a series of situational response questions reflecting the core competencies, roles & responsibilities, and required qualifications of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you led a time utilizing critical thinking to develop a solution.   Answer Question

Structural Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was with five managers in the room and one on the phone. The questions were pertinent to the jobs they were wanting to fill. Where my answers were lacking it was difficult for them to ask much more. I was not intimidated but I was not completely prepared. I was especially unprepared for the questions that were asked of me. An email was sent to me to provide the when and where for location of the interview. After my interview I found that another email had been sent to me to provide the necessary information for the questions that were going to be asked of me. I have to say that I did not see that email so I am hoping that it was just because it dropped into my email box after I had left it. The interview would have gone much better had I looked one more time for any remaining emails.

Interview Questions

• The one thing that they had asked was what specific work assignment was I given in my job and how did I complete the task to show that I could perform my job competently.   1 Answer

Procurement Agent III Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with 3 people and they took turns asking me questions. Lasted about an hour and then was given an opportunity to ask them questions. At first they gave me an opportunity to relate my experience to the position and then they asked about 6 questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with someone of a diverse background..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but because they were paying to relocate me they were unwilling to move at all on the original offer.

Procurement Agent I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position but didn't hear anything for 2 months. Recruiter gauged my interest and decided to continue with a phone interview. 2 weeks passed before the interview. 2 managers were on the phone for a pretty standard behavioral interview. They wanted the usual STAR method in the answers. Another week or two and the recruiter asked if I'd be disappointing if they made their hiring decision without an in-person interview, I thought it was unorthodox, but I said I'd be fine with it. Another couple of weeks passed and I got a call with the offer.

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Auburn, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online my status of application was updated to "interview in progress" for one month before anyone called to set up the face to face interview. Once I was at the face to face it consisted of a panel style interview of 4 managers that all took turns asking structured interview questions. None of the questions related to the specific job and were more about leadership style. The interview was supposed to last an hour and went slightly over so I was rushed out to get the next applicant in. It was almost two months later before I heard back that they had not selected me.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions none of which were difficult to answer.   Answer Question