Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

MP&P Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing.

I was in a special recruiting initiative and subsequently only had 1 in-person behavioral interview. There were 5 questions that required a STAR answer. The questions involved describing a technical project and a difficulty you had with someone you worked with.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical project you worked on in detail. What was the situation, the task, the actions you took, and the result?   Answer Question
    Boeing has a formal negotiation system that calculates counter-offers based on your existing offers.

ITI Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Interviewed in May and hired in July. Phone interview and nothing unexpected. The process seems long - none of the previous companies I have ever worked for took this long.

None - Not an option

IT Project Manager Interview

Recruiter emailed to set up appointment. Then there was onsite interview with 3 members mostly asking 10 behavior type questions, I.E. how do you deal with a difficult team member.

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Submit resume, wait a while, then fill out detailed application if selected. One interview over the phone (STAR interview) then one in person interview with the panel. Overall, it was not a bad process. Just make sure to study STAR interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to work with a cross-cultural team.   Answer Question

Boeing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Engineering majors are sought out but they are also always interested in IT and business majors. Typically, you must attend an interview on a Boeing site but phone interviews are not unheard of.

Interview Questions
    • You can expect the standard "tell us a time you..." questions/scenarios. Have good examples of how you were a leader in a project, how you reacted to a diverse group of people and how you helped others. This is all standard.   Answer Question
    Boeing rarely negotiates and definitely not with Interns.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied online... a couple of weeks later was sent a questionnaire to fill out via email... a week later asked to fill out an application online... a couple of weeks later was emailed that I had been selected for an interview, was given a date but not a time or location... then two days before the interview was emailed the rest of the details. So it's a long process without much details or personal touch along the way. Interviewed in front of a panel of people... standard behavioral type questions. The interview panel was nice but it was a very structured process. Was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • There are 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions all expecting a star response.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Submitted Application, was contacted by 90 days after I submitted application. I was interviewed using a structured interview process. The applicant needs to talk about a situation, what I did and what was the outcome. They are looking specifically for this format. What they are looking for is: during the situation did you or your team see a need to improve upon the situation? If so, what did you do? Then the outcome, did you improve the situation by reducing a financial obligation to the company? Did you improve the situation by reducing steps it took to complete therefore you introduced a lean practice?

Interview Questions
    • The diversity questions aren't usually about what you think it is: Gender, race, nationality. It can be about a different culture you came into or how people perceive differently because they were raised differently than you. Answers to the diversity are usually: I get along with anybody, I like all kinds of people from different races, genders and nationalities.
      Think outside the box and come up with an answer in how you might have encountered a different culture than your own and you worked with that person to come up with a compromise or a solution.
        Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate pay or time off. The package they offered was the package they offered

Industrial Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

It was a long process for me (4-6 months) from the time I applied to the day I actually showed up for my first day of work. They follow a Structured Interview Process were all questions require Situation-Action-Result so you need to be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer with real, past examples with Situation-Action-Result.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Structural Analysis Engineer I Interview

It was a pretty slow process. Interview was structured (same questions for every applicant) and took about an hour with mostly technical questions. Interview took place at office building. Most questions were pretty basic, and I was able to answer most of them. I received offer letter two weeks after scheduled interview.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Your resume has to have certain key words to filter through the system prior to anyone reviewing the content. Look at the job requisition and try to figure out what the buzz words may be. All interviews are with a panel of no less then 3 people. The hiring manager will be on the panel. They ask you between 8-10 behavioral type questions. I have interviewed many times and everyone is always professional and make you feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Using your previous logistics experience please describe your knowledge of regulatory with Dangerous Goods, International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR).   Answer Question