Boeing Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Applied on-line. Was sent an email for phone interview., which was later rescheduled. Interview was super formal and idiotic. Followed some sort of HR script, including asking if I needed special accommodations for the interview (a sign language interpreter??). It seemed that they were more interested in making sure that a certain set of questions was asked, rather than any interactive dialog.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you decide how to delegate work to others.   Answer Question

Summer College Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

I applied online for the EAHI process. It's an early hiring process for interns from specific colleges. You need to apply early for this (my school's deadline was September 14). They have a computer screening process that will search for key words in your resume and select people for interviews that way. Think action and cooperation words like "team," "designed," etc. After that, Boeing came to the career fair at my school and also held an info session. I made a point to talk to the recruiters at the career fair and at the info session, so we would already know each other before the interview. They were all extremely kind, professional people. My interview was the day after the career fair. They will interview you individually, and you will have about three people interviewing you. The three people who interviewed me were all alumni from my college, so we already had something in common. After they ask you questions, they will ask you if you have questions for them. Think about possible questions you can ask them. One that never hurts is to ask what their favorite project they worked on for Boeing was.

Interview Questions
    • None that were too difficult. They won't ask you technical questions. There were four STAR-format questions in addition to the generic "why do you want to work for Boeing and what have you learned in school, extracurriculars, etc. that has prepared you for an internship with us?" They will always ask you a question about working as a team, a question about diversity, and a question that helps you showcase how you're a good engineer. Think about possible things you can say to answer these questions before your interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Met with a representative at a career fair on campus. After a good conversation he told me he would schedule an on-campus interview with me. Being a computer science major, I thought it would be a technical interview...they didn't ask a single question measuring my knowledge in the field. They only asked behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you worked with a culturally diverse team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Very succinct behavioral interview process. I heard back after about a week with a decision. The interview lasted 30 minutes and was solely behavioral.
    The interview was two employees and myself, and each question alternated between employees. Each employee's questions seemed to carry a separate common theme.

Interview Questions
    • What is a question you expected to be asked, but was not asked in this interview?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Usually contact begins with an email from the hiring manager saying that you have been selected for an interview. The interviews will be a panel interview with at least 3 "diverse" interviewers. There usually are 6-8 questions that are asked--it's a very structured interview. Interviewers take turns asking the interviewee multi-part questions (for example "explain a time where ____ happened? What was your reaction? How did this affect your work?"). Each candidate is asked the exact same questions for the sake of fairness. Usually there is only the one interview, and you will be called if you are selected.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about why diversity is important and how I bring appreciation of diversity into the workplace. That question caught me off-guard!   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate anything, but I know of several people who negotiated for a higher salary.

MP&P Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing.

I was in a special recruiting initiative and subsequently only had 1 in-person behavioral interview. There were 5 questions that required a STAR answer. The questions involved describing a technical project and a difficulty you had with someone you worked with.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical project you worked on in detail. What was the situation, the task, the actions you took, and the result?   Answer Question
    Boeing has a formal negotiation system that calculates counter-offers based on your existing offers.

ITI Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Interviewed in May and hired in July. Phone interview and nothing unexpected. The process seems long - none of the previous companies I have ever worked for took this long.

None - Not an option

IT Project Manager Interview

Recruiter emailed to set up appointment. Then there was onsite interview with 3 members mostly asking 10 behavior type questions, I.E. how do you deal with a difficult team member.

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Submit resume, wait a while, then fill out detailed application if selected. One interview over the phone (STAR interview) then one in person interview with the panel. Overall, it was not a bad process. Just make sure to study STAR interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to work with a cross-cultural team.   Answer Question

Boeing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Engineering majors are sought out but they are also always interested in IT and business majors. Typically, you must attend an interview on a Boeing site but phone interviews are not unheard of.

Interview Questions
    • You can expect the standard "tell us a time you..." questions/scenarios. Have good examples of how you were a leader in a project, how you reacted to a diverse group of people and how you helped others. This is all standard.   Answer Question
    Boeing rarely negotiates and definitely not with Interns.