Boeing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assembler B Interview

Assembler B
North Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Boeing in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the job online after finding the listing on INDEED app. Was contacted for a phone interview that was no more than 15 minutes. Next phase was filling out the complete paperwork including taking competency tests and work place personality testing. Then was called for a second phone interview with a 2nd level manager. And a interview was scheduled to fly out in person. Boeing set it all up and of course paid for all travel and accommodations. The communication was mostly done by email, then finalized with phone calls. This was a relatively stress free arrangement. The interview was in STAR format. With some for thought interview was painless. There were 5 people in the room including the 2nd level that did the 2nd phone interview. Everyone was easy and a painless process if you discount the normal interview jitters. After the interview on returning home within the week an offer email was sent and electronically accepted. Then it took about two months for all the background checks to clear and to schedule a start date.

Interview Question – There where remarkably no technical questions only "team situational" questions that needed to be answered in STAR format. It seemed the only reason for the interview was a formality for face to face contact.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Boeing does not negotiate contracts, at least on hourly employees. What they offer is your choice to only accept or decline.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Financial Analyst Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had one on campus interview with Boeing after I met them at a career fair at my college. This interview was pretty "STAR" driven, as they asked me about my general interest in the position as well as situational questions to test my fit for the company. This was a rather relaxed interview. About two weeks later I received a call with an internship offer from the company.

The next interviews I had were in Seattle. They were held at a hotel in the Seattle area and used to place us in our individual groups. I interviewed with four different potential groups to see which would be the best fit. After that, I was placed in the group that best matched to what I wanted.

Interview Question – Please tell us what skills you've learned in school that directly apply to working for The Boeing Company.   Answer Question

Instructional Systems Designer Interview

Instructional Systems Designer
Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3-4 staff members ask a series of questions usually starting with, "Tell me about a time..." Each person has a question or three to ask and they all evaluate each response using likert evaluation scale. You are asked to relate experiences and you should always project a positive response. Avoid even the vaguest implication that you do not play well with others, under any circumstances.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you faced change and how you dealt with that. As a contractor and as an instructional designer managing projects, change is life. New contract assignments, new projects, shifting teams, matrixed staff: a better question would be to ask about a time without change.   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted by HR about 2 months later. Had a phone interview with a Panel of 3 people. Asked all behavioral questions but not easy. STAR format. Questions about : Diversity at work, facing failures, team work, completing challenging assignments, etc

Interview Question – Please tell us how you deal with diversity at the work place with particular examples and how you handled it   Answer Question

Safety Administrator III Interview

Safety Administrator III
Everett, WA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Boeing in July 2013.

Interview Details – One on One phone interview with basic question on OSHA safety, Washington OSHA and F.A.A.. Then explained the position. Offer came then the paper work, drug test and then orientation.

Interview Question – No difficult question if you know safety   Answer Question

Process Analyst I Interview

Process Analyst I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I first submitted an online application. Followed up by a phone call to schedule the interview

I had 1 interview for the position, it consisted of a group of 6 people, the manager I would be working for, one other 1st level manager and 4 people from the group I would be working with. They went around the table asking me questions and it lasted about an hour. I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had.

I was contacted by HR that I was being offered the job, and they would be sending me a packet to complete and return, so they could run a background check and such. Also, I was instructed to go to a lab for a pre-employment drug screening.

Negotiation Details – They send an offer letter containing the salary offer, and it is pretty much accept or decline.

Methods Process Analyst Interview

Methods Process Analyst
Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Boeing in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in October and did not hear back until April, around 6 months. I got contacted via email for the position and set up an interview for later in the week.

I arrived at the office and was interviewed by two managers. The interview consisted of five behavioral questions, all regarding experiences that were relevant to the position. These questions were not the typical behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when you faced conflict in a work environment" but rather were about times when you used certain skills; for example: analyzing data, making a recommendation based on that data, and presenting it in the form of a chart/graph/model. These questions threw me off a bit, since I was expecting the standard behavioral questions.

The questions directed at me took around 35 minutes or so, and the remaining 25 minutes I asked questions to the managers, who were very enthusiastic in their answers. The interview in total took one hour.

Less than a week later I was contacted the a hiring manager with Boeing and was given an offer. After accepting the offer, I had to pass a background check and drug test, as well as sign various documents. This process took around a week before I was accepted for employment.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you were given a set of data, had to analyze the data, and make a recommendation using that data in the form of a graph or model.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Systems and Data Analyst Interview

Systems and Data Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in October 2010.

Interview Details – This company takes its time to offer you a job, even after the interview it took almost 3 months to complete the entire process, then you have a week of classes to learn about different things in the company.

Interview Question – What was the worst thing you ever had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR offered, i read it, discussed with my wife, and did not counter offer, accepted job.

Asssebly Installer Electric Systems B Interview

Asssebly Installer Electric Systems B

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details – Structured interview, be certain to answere with the three items below. Likely a manager, Hr AND ONE OTHER PERSON. All interviews for salaried positions follow this schema. Got a call after applying online

Interview Question – Be certain to answer each question with the following   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Systems Analyst III Interview

Systems Analyst III
Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in July 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial in-person interview by the hiring Director and/or Manager. Then after you participate in a team interview. The team interview I with the inner tea that you will be working with so it I not a large team interview the amount of people are fro 5 - 12 initial team interview. It is through the team interview with which you are chosen not the Manger/Director interview.

Interview Question – How would you go about correcting or would you correct a Senior Manager if you thought they were wrong with a particular projects' direction either technically or managerial in nature?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very interesting since there 2 teams which offered me a position. The team I initially was going to go to offered me a very good wage, it was closer to where I lived and as I was going to accept the other team then came in and offered me 5 dollars more on the hourly wage. Initially I was offered 50 an hour the other team came in and upped the wage to 55 an hour. I had to really think about it.
I accepted the higher offer.