Boeing

Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Boeing came to the career day at my undergraduate business college. I spoke with a manager and a current financial analyst, and they said they wanted to interview me. Set up the interview that day, interviewed, and heard back about a week later saying they were offering me an internship.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a situation where you overcame a great challenge, and the result of that"   Answer Question
    No negotiation typically for summer interns

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

I first applied online. I received an email less than a week later asking for an on campus interview. Interview consisted of three behavioral questions, but they had follow up questions to my answers. I interviewed with two college recruiters. The interview lasted around one hour. Less than one week later I got my offer to be a Supply Chain Intern in the Seattle area.

Integral Fuel Cell Sealer A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

You apply online.Your Resume must reflect your education, experience , and skills.You will be contacted via phone or email if you're a candidate, for a interview event. Interview is 5, STAR format questions.( possibility of a second interview on the same day not STAR format, that's good news! ) You will be contacted via email with a offer for the job that you interviewed, if you're selected. ( passed interview)Then you'll need to pass UA test, and background screening before given a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult if you study .
      Google STAR format questions study them and study them again and then some more and you will be OK.

Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Boeing Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirksville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirksville, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Talked to them at University Career Expo. They extended an offer to do a phone interview. Be familiar with the STAR method. They use that throughout the whole interview. Overall it was pretty standard, they were kind the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you stepped up and took initiative and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

The first call was from HR to setup an interview directly with the hiring manager. The actual interview call was fairly laid back as they listened to experience and previous duties. There was no standard template they followed (what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc). It was all to the point of the particular position. The in person interview was casual as well with questions about my past experience but with a little more detail. After that I was given a tour of the area I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, I thought was too tough. All though I have been in interviews and asked technical textbook questions which hardly anyone uses outside of an advanced college engineering course.   Answer Question
    Have a number in mind, but know that they are likely to hold on to your initial salary asking in the form you filled out when you first applied. Even if after the interview the job is more demanding then the requisition states. The problem is the HR is virtual in another state so they are not motivated to negotiate much on behalf of the hiring manager if your over their offer.

Systems Engineer III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

There is a structured interview process for direct hires.The questions are often not technical and more about whether you will get in trouble if hired. The hiring process from applying to offer can take months. Contractors get a technical interview and can be hired in weeks. There is no direct conversion from contractor to employee. You have to interview against others for your job and then they low-ball you on pay. They lose good people this way.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to work with someone from another culture. It was completely irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

The rate of pay was much lower than comparable jobs in the St Louis area.

Assembly Mechanic Interview

Applied online, and received an email requesting that I fill out more info in accordance to the application process. Week later received an email invitation for interview. Arrived onsite with over 100 other people... Interview seemed very impersonal and the people doing the interview seemed like they were in a rush to complete as many as possible.

Interview Questions
    • recall a time you made a mistake, and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Business Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing.

The interview was the STAR Method, four behavioral questions, relatively simple if you prepare for STAR questions. Started with how does your education and experience prepare you for this, etc.

Finance Interview

The interview was acquired through college connections. There were three managers from Seattle to ask questions that would determine if the candidate is suitable for work at Boeing. Towards the end of the interview, the managers asked for preferences of workplace.

Review Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I was approached at a recruiting event at my college. I had one interview there, a phone interview a few weeks later, then was flown to St. Louis for an all day event with multiple interviews culminating in a group interview where I and 5 others were presented with a challenge to talk and work through. All of the individual interviews were of the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • It's all pretty standard stuff. Be prepared to talk about your past work experience in story mode. I recommend actually writing out several responses based on the job req you are interviewing for.   Answer Question