Boeing

2.8

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

The hiring and interview process was coordinated well for me, Everything was done online so I had easy access to information through emails and the boeing portal. The interviewers were professional

Interview Questions
    • When was a situation you were in the wrong?   View Answer
    No negotiation took place, you get what you get

Business Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

4 questions. First question was about my previous work experience, the remaining 3 were STAR format. Very standardized and generic questions, the interview did not particularly make me want to work for Boeing.

Interview Questions
    • What is a challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Safety Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Got an interview at HENAAC ( engineer conference ). The interview lasted for 30 min with a two person panel. Questions were behavioral and related to past experiences. They were very courteous and formal.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Interviewed through college career fair on campus. Attended info session the night before, spoke with them at the career fair and was offered an interview. I interview the next day (two interviewers, mostly behavioral questions) and then was offered the second-day group interview. This involved 6 potential interns and full time employees and 6 interviewers in one room.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you ran into an obstacle during a group project and solved the problem. Provide details on the outcome and exactly how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Boeing came to the career day at my undergraduate business college. I spoke with a manager and a current financial analyst, and they said they wanted to interview me. Set up the interview that day, interviewed, and heard back about a week later saying they were offering me an internship.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a situation where you overcame a great challenge, and the result of that"   Answer Question
    No negotiation typically for summer interns

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

The first call was from HR to setup an interview directly with the hiring manager. The actual interview call was fairly laid back as they listened to experience and previous duties. There was no standard template they followed (what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc). It was all to the point of the particular position. The in person interview was casual as well with questions about my past experience but with a little more detail. After that I was given a tour of the area I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, I thought was too tough. All though I have been in interviews and asked technical textbook questions which hardly anyone uses outside of an advanced college engineering course.   Answer Question
    Have a number in mind, but know that they are likely to hold on to your initial salary asking in the form you filled out when you first applied. Even if after the interview the job is more demanding then the requisition states. The problem is the HR is virtual in another state so they are not motivated to negotiate much on behalf of the hiring manager if your over their offer.

Systems Engineer III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

There is a structured interview process for direct hires.The questions are often not technical and more about whether you will get in trouble if hired. The hiring process from applying to offer can take months. Contractors get a technical interview and can be hired in weeks. There is no direct conversion from contractor to employee. You have to interview against others for your job and then they low-ball you on pay. They lose good people this way.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to work with someone from another culture. It was completely irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

The rate of pay was much lower than comparable jobs in the St Louis area.

Assembly Mechanic Interview

Applied online, and received an email requesting that I fill out more info in accordance to the application process. Week later received an email invitation for interview. Arrived onsite with over 100 other people... Interview seemed very impersonal and the people doing the interview seemed like they were in a rush to complete as many as possible.

Interview Questions
    • recall a time you made a mistake, and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Business Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing.

The interview was the STAR Method, four behavioral questions, relatively simple if you prepare for STAR questions. Started with how does your education and experience prepare you for this, etc.

Finance Interview

The interview was acquired through college connections. There were three managers from Seattle to ask questions that would determine if the candidate is suitable for work at Boeing. Towards the end of the interview, the managers asked for preferences of workplace.