Boeing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.8

Corporate Citizenship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

My first interview was a 4-person panel. The questions were behavioral with multiple parts. I was allowed to take notes to remember the questions. I was told the top 3-4 candidates would be brought in for a 2nd interview with the hiring manager and his supervisor. A week later, I received a call informing me that they decided to move forward with 1 of the 2 openings. The other opening (which I was being considered for based on my education/experience) was being re-evaluated and they were likely going to go in a different direction for the candidate pool.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a diverse group of people to complete a project? There were at least 2-3 other parts to this question.   Answer Question

Versatile Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked questions by four different interviewers. Three of people worked in technical roles and one person was from human resources. I was asked a total of 5-7 questions which were all in the STAR format. The questions are designed to give you a chance to talk about yourself and your experiences. Give specific examples that demonstrate your proficiency. The questions are not difficult by themselves, but coming up with an solid answer on your feet can be hard. Make notes before your interview.

Interview Questions

• Talke about a time you had to work with diverse/challenging personality types to accomplish a task. Talk about a time you had to gain support for a project and how you made your case.   Answer Question

Full Motion Video Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled within a couple of days of initial email contact. They scheduled it through a calendar invite. I called into a meet me line. There were two individuals on the phone from different locations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you handled diversity in your office   Answer Question
    • Tell us your process in making a decision in which you did not have all the information needed   1 Answer

Supply Chain Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a structured type interview. The questions were related to the specifics of the job, since those questions were very specific, I can not disclose what the questions were.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Decatur, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Thorough and well organized. Covered all the details of the job and expected role, so I thought I came away with a good understanding of what they needed. They indicated they were still in the interview process and would let me know. Since then, I have followed up several times with the POC, and they still have me on the candidate list. Not sure when the job will actually be filled.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with shipping issues?   1 Answer

Materials & Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Boeing visited campus in January and collected resumes. I talked with one of the engineers and then applied online to the suggested job requisitions. Towards the end of March someone from Boeing contacted me and suggested I apply to a requisition one level down, so I did. A few weeks later I received a notification from HR stating I had been selected for an "on site" interview. They booked my hotel and flight literally 2 days before the interview was supposed to happen. The interview was held in a hotel conference center (not my hotel), not actually on site. It consisted of about 45 minutes of STAR questions (i.e. this is something they could have just done over the phone) - I found this very strange considering I am a PhD engineer, and all of my previous interviews involved making some sort of presentation and talking to managers/workers about technical things. No secondary interview involved, job was offered based on my one STAR interview. Salary was about $20k lower than what typical PhDs coming out of my school/major have been offered, and lower than what a non-thesis MS student in my lab was offered elsewhere. No ability to negotiate. My best guess is that they are scrambling to hire new workers after having trouble getting current workers to relocate from St. Louis and Seattle, and that they mass offered and expect some percentage to accept. Kind of a crazy practice if you are trying to get the best possible researchers and engineers to join your organization.

Interview Questions

• They asked not to disclose the information, but it was the same STAR questions you can find anywhere on the internet. I don't actually remember if I'm honest.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone then face to face with director level hiring authority. Phone interview was HR only, then face to face was with functional director. Much time describing position and correlating my background to the position.

Strategy and Business CaptureBDS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied online via Boeing Careers about mid-March. I received a phone call for a phone interview about 3-4 weeks later. Afterwards, there was about a 3 week period until I heard back with their final decisions. The interview/applying process wasn't what took long. Once I was hired, I needed security clearance which took about 3-4 weeks. So, I didn't really get to start till the third week of June because Boeing requires you go through a training session that they only did on certain days of the week. I suggest apply as early as possible because the security clearance takes a while.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would use something you learned in one of your classes during this internship. Describe a time when you led a group in something.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very streamlined. Once I was notified that an interview was imminent, it took only days to have date/time in my email. I met with one Software Manager at the location and interviewed with her and three others via teleconference.

Negotiation

Very easy. Upon receipt of my offer I explained to the notifying recruiter that the offer was about $3K low compared to my current salary and benefits package. That was a Friday. On Monday when I received my formal letter via email, the salary had been increased the $3K to cover my request.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied through an online application system heard back two weeks later, and had a 45-minute phone interview. It was largely behavioral and was with the manager and three members of the team I would be joining. It was very relaxed and not stressful at all. I heard back two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one project you've completed that you're really proud of, and describe the major technical challenges and how you addressed them.   Answer Question