Boeing

558 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Support Engineering Manager Interview

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boeing in December 2013.

Interview Details – The process starts with applying on line. In less than a week, I received a phone call from an HR representative who scheduled me for an on-site interview. I met with 3 people and one person was on a speakerphone. They asked about 7-8 questions which were read off a sheet of paper in a notebook that each of them had in front of them. The questions asked about my past experience(s) and they like to have the answers utilizing the STAR technique. The interview lasted a little over an hour and was generally enjoyable.

Interview Question – There really wasn't an unexpected question. Just use their job posting to determine what skills and abilities would be important for the position and develop STAR answers from your past that would fit into at least one of these skill sets.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a panel of three. Behavioral questions mostly. 2 of the 3 were easy to talk to (very personable, friendly, etc), the other interviewer was not, was rude and played with phone throughout entire interview. Nice office and culture seems okay. Know the STAR format well

Interview Question – No curveballs. Just know behavioral based questions and STAR format to answer them correctly   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received offer from another company that I would prefer to work for

IT Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I applied online and was scheduled for an interview on campus. I was extended a contingent offer, but after two months of thinking I had the job my security background check came back and they retracted the offer. The annoying part is that they had the information that prevented me from being eligible at the start of the application process but they didn't bother screen me before the back ground check. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Now I am left to scramble to find plans for this summer. Do not apply for Boeing if you have ANY criminal history. They will likely offer you a job if you are qualified, and then dismiss you after wasting two months of your time.

Interview Question – Why did you apply for Boeing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give you significant information about the process, but they will retract your offer if you don't fulfill the requirements.

Employee Development Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Each Boeing job posting includes a list of competencies and basic qualifications. Boeing uses standard behavioral questions in their interviews ("tell us about a time when you...", and those questions are directly linked to those competencies and qualifications. When preparing for your interview, think of solid examples of work situations/projects when you used those competencies or demonstrated those qualifications. Keep in mind examples of when you were unsuccessful as well as when things went right! The behavioral interview was conducted by a panel, and each candidate was asked the same questions.

I had a second panel interview which also focused on the competencies and qualifications, but in more detail.

FYI, be patient with the hiring process. It took several months between my application and the interviews. Huge corporations take their time!

Interview Question – The panel asked a question about diversity at work and how I handled it. This threw me for a loop because I hadn't thought about the issue. Apparently this is now a standard interview question at Boeing so be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - I was offered the job with X salary. Since the offer was above what I had anticipated, I accepted immediately. Boeing has salary bands and I don't know how much room there is for negotiation.

Finance Employee Development Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – This job was actually for the BSRP program and this was the process I went through:

1. I applied online through the Boeing website.
2. Was emailed to set up an interview time for the next week.
3. The interview was a huge hiring event in which about 40-50 people were there throughout the day. I was greeted by employees and told a little information about the job. Then when it was time for my first interview i was escorted to a room by a member of the program. The interview consisted of two employees, One a manager and the other a member of the program. Standard behavioral questions were asked by both interviewers. There was a fifteen minute break and then another interview set up as the previous.
4. I was told I would hear in a couple weeks. 4 Months later I received an offer via email. Not that I'm upset by the offer but it would have been nice to be let known they were still hiring for this job.
5. I accepted the offer and am currently waiting on a start date.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions. Describe a time when... How well do you deal with...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Very fair offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Suppl Chain Technical Manager Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in November 2011.

Interview Details – Structured interview focusing on leadership values and project management best practices.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had multiple priorites that needed attention and you "found a way"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internal offers rarely allow for true negotiation. Be prepared to come into the company at a good place or struggle for good salary penetration moving forward.

Student Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in March 2013.

Interview Details – Went to an engineering conference which had a career fair. Went over to Boeing's info session, spoken to HR representative for the open position and was asked to do an interview the next day. Before the interview, I was required to apply for the position online. I interviewed with one of the mangers, which lasted for 45 mins and after the interview was finished, they offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty straight forward. Behavioral questions.   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was long....about 5 months. One phone interview and 2 Skype video interviews....with about 5 people.

Interview Question – Questions were typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I counter offered and they counter offered.....the final salary was about 5% higher than initial offer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details – I had submitted resumes for multiple positions but heard nothing. Months later I received an email that there was a contractor position available. A telephone interview was set up

Interview Question – Most questions were technical and relevant to the job I would be doing. No STAR type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the offer

Guidance, Navigation, & Control Engineer (GNC) Interview

Guidance, Navigation, & Control Engineer (GNC)
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Structured interview, including general and technical questions, all day process

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question