Boeing Interview Questions in Long Beach, CA

Updated Aug 6, 2015

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone then face to face with director level hiring authority. Phone interview was HR only, then face to face was with functional director. Much time describing position and correlating my background to the position.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Technical interview with senior management included asking quality situation results. Was asked how I conduct myself with a diverse culture, so I provided examples of where and who I worked with. Was asked about explaining the outcome of a difficult situation I have been involved with, and I explained how to turn it around for the benefit of both employees as well as the teams we work with. Asked to discuss problem, containment, direct and true root cause, corrective action, implementation schedules, verification of implementation, and post mortem activities.

Interview Questions

• How to conduct corrective action process   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Contract role; contacted by a staffing agency. Eventually went on to interview on site after the phone screening. Three person panel. They asked about 4 or 5 behavioral questions. Found out I got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• don't remember. . sorry .. but here is a tip ... take a look at competencies outlined on the job posting - that's where the questions will come from.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I have applied to Boeing online numerous time but received only one interview (for an internship) so far. In reading up tips online, I continuous revised and enhanced my resume in order to get a full time position. About two weeks after applied I received a call for a phone interview on Sat. It was two individual who were nice and cordial.

Interview Questions

• Some questions regarding engineering theories that I promised not to reveal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very good. I tried to request relocation assistance but was turned down. They cited the lack of relocation money in the job description.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call a few months later for a phone interview, but they wanted to do the phone interview the next day which didn't give me any time to prepare for the interview as the next day I already had a 16 hour work day planned. So I winged it based on my past research. i had to make the interview fast because I had to do it on my break. So I had a 20 minute phone interview where they went through the 10 standard questions. In the end, I voiced that I did not like that they didn't give me enough time to prepare for the interview. After feeling I didn't get the job because I voiced my opinion, I got a hiring package. That hiring manager to this day still says that was the most impressive interview you ever had.

Interview Questions

• Because I practice for other interviews, I went through 100 potential interview questions, so none was a surprise. The worse is always about your worst quality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. People keep saying to negotiate, but I was just happy to get a job. They say it doesn't hurt to ask. Some managers say if they don't ask, they get upset.

Inside Sales/CDG Software Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by CDG/Boeing from their own internal recruitment team. This was for an inside sales position working out of their main Long Beach location. I had 2 phone interviews, 1 casual and the other more formal/technical. I also had 2 in-person interviews at Long Beach. 1 was with the director of sales and the other was with the president of the division. They were standard interviews which followed typical styles and length (60-70 minutes each). I never had more than 8 days separating each point of contact and they moved reasonably fast/organized through their process. After 9 days from my last interview, I reached out to the internal recruiter for a hiring update/status. I was informed that I was "1 of 3 well qualified candidates and a decision would be made within 3 days and I would be notified. A week went by and no word either way. I decided to send an email asking if my candidacy was still being considered by Boeing, still no answer from them. This was surprising, since the job posting was still up on their web site. In the end, no one from CDG/Boeing ever responded to my inquiry. How long could it take to respond to one of your 3 job finalists via return email? I guess too long for Boeing. GO AIRBUS!!

Interview Questions

• I can't think of one question or interviewing strategy used by anyone there out of the standard "cookie cutter" style used from any other company.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was a very proper man. He addressed me in the most educated way possible. His questions were concise and to the point and he emphasized a lot the importance of a strong mechanical aptitude and how that helps to achieve their goals

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Faciity Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online- 2 times phone interview from recruiter and HQ HR.

PDM Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Gave them my resume at a career fair about a month later I was told I got selected for an interview. I had an over the phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. It was almost all behavioral questions, or questions based off of my resume. They asked me one technical question. I got a call a day later saying that my manager's manager still had to approve it but that they would be extending me the offer. The next Monday I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotaion it was an internship

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview by committee, small group of people. Round robin style. Standardized questions for all candidates. Questions were not difficult. Notes are taken by the interviewers. People were friendly. Not mush else to say about it. Process seemed very mechanical, just one of the steps in the defined process to hire. Did not take very long to do. Do decisions are made immediately after the interview.