Boeing

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Structural Analysis Engineer Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in March 2010.

Interview Details – Structure Panel Interview. 3 engineers ask you a set of structured open ended questions and have you answer them.

Interview Question – Open ended questions are very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy to counter offer.

Structural Engineer Interview

Structural Engineer
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in January 2014.

Interview Details – I have applied to Boeing online numerous time but received only one interview (for an internship) so far. In reading up tips online, I continuous revised and enhanced my resume in order to get a full time position. About two weeks after applied I received a call for a phone interview on Sat. It was two individual who were nice and cordial.

Interview Question – Some questions regarding engineering theories that I promised not to reveal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was very good. I tried to request relocation assistance but was turned down. They cited the lack of relocation money in the job description.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a phone call a few months later for a phone interview, but they wanted to do the phone interview the next day which didn't give me any time to prepare for the interview as the next day I already had a 16 hour work day planned. So I winged it based on my past research. i had to make the interview fast because I had to do it on my break. So I had a 20 minute phone interview where they went through the 10 standard questions. In the end, I voiced that I did not like that they didn't give me enough time to prepare for the interview. After feeling I didn't get the job because I voiced my opinion, I got a hiring package. That hiring manager to this day still says that was the most impressive interview you ever had.

Interview Question – Because I practice for other interviews, I went through 100 potential interview questions, so none was a surprise. The worse is always about your worst quality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. People keep saying to negotiate, but I was just happy to get a job. They say it doesn't hurt to ask. Some managers say if they don't ask, they get upset.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales/CDG Software Division Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by CDG/Boeing from their own internal recruitment team. This was for an inside sales position working out of their main Long Beach location. I had 2 phone interviews, 1 casual and the other more formal/technical. I also had 2 in-person interviews at Long Beach. 1 was with the director of sales and the other was with the president of the division. They were standard interviews which followed typical styles and length (60-70 minutes each). I never had more than 8 days separating each point of contact and they moved reasonably fast/organized through their process. After 9 days from my last interview, I reached out to the internal recruiter for a hiring update/status. I was informed that I was "1 of 3 well qualified candidates and a decision would be made within 3 days and I would be notified. A week went by and no word either way. I decided to send an email asking if my candidacy was still being considered by Boeing, still no answer from them. This was surprising, since the job posting was still up on their web site. In the end, no one from CDG/Boeing ever responded to my inquiry. How long could it take to respond to one of your 3 job finalists via return email? I guess too long for Boeing. GO AIRBUS!!

Interview Question – I can't think of one question or interviewing strategy used by anyone there out of the standard "cookie cutter" style used from any other company.   Answer Question

Faciity Management Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online- 2 times phone interview from recruiter and HQ HR.

Interview Question – A lof of behavior questions   Answer Question

PDM Systems Engineer Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in March 2012.

Interview Details – Gave them my resume at a career fair about a month later I was told I got selected for an interview. I had an over the phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. It was almost all behavioral questions, or questions based off of my resume. They asked me one technical question. I got a call a day later saying that my manager's manager still had to approve it but that they would be extending me the offer. The next Monday I got the offer.

Interview Question – What are Java beans?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotaion it was an internship

Project Engineer Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in January 2009.

Interview Details – a panel with a minimum of two interviewers (one of the two must be another manager or HR representative). .
behaviorally-based questions using competencies that have been defined for a specific job and used in the requisition.
the same questions asked of all applicants for the same requisition.
appropriate documentation retained for the remainder of the current year plus two

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary

IT Leadership Opportunities Interview

Long Beach, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in October 2010.

Interview Details – Overall - the process wasn't completely terrible. There was a phone interview and a 2 on 1 interview, where one of the interviewers came off very aggressive. They offer to fly, but don't reimburse for travel to the airport, which took me 3 hours of driving one-way. Terrible at getting back to you about anything.

Interview Question – Describe an analytical problem you had to solve   Answer Question

Business Planning Analyst Interview

Long Beach, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in May 2009.

Interview Details – structured.. Boeing uses a STAR system.. Situation/task: Action you took to solve the issue and Results of your actions. . Its a panel interview and at the end of the day, the hiring decision is based on points.

Interview Question – Situational questions. ex: Describe a time where you had to take the lead, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate.. Should have.

Summer Internship Interview

Long Beach, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the manager and another functional manager. Very casual, lasted about 30 minutes. Asked typical HR interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a project and succeeded. What was your role, the result, and what made you proud to be a part of it?   Answer Question
  • What are the advantages and disadvantages of working in a team?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you failed in a project? How could you have improved it?   Answer Question
  • Is a high GPA necessary to succeed later on?   Answer Question
  • Why should you be hired?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing interview questions and advice in Long Beach, CA. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.