Boeing Interview Questions in Long Beach, CA

Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.8

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in November 2014.

Technical interview with senior management included asking quality situation results. Was asked how I conduct myself with a diverse culture, so I provided examples of where and who I worked with. Was asked about explaining the outcome of a difficult situation I have been involved with, and I explained how to turn it around for the benefit of both employees as well as the teams we work with. Asked to discuss problem, containment, direct and true root cause, corrective action, implementation schedules, verification of implementation, and post mortem activities.

Interview Questions
    • How to conduct corrective action process   View Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in January 2014.

I have applied to Boeing online numerous time but received only one interview (for an internship) so far. In reading up tips online, I continuous revised and enhanced my resume in order to get a full time position. About two weeks after applied I received a call for a phone interview on Sat. It was two individual who were nice and cordial.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions regarding engineering theories that I promised not to reveal.   Answer Question
    The offer was very good. I tried to request relocation assistance but was turned down. They cited the lack of relocation money in the job description.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied online. Got a phone call a few months later for a phone interview, but they wanted to do the phone interview the next day which didn't give me any time to prepare for the interview as the next day I already had a 16 hour work day planned. So I winged it based on my past research. i had to make the interview fast because I had to do it on my break. So I had a 20 minute phone interview where they went through the 10 standard questions. In the end, I voiced that I did not like that they didn't give me enough time to prepare for the interview. After feeling I didn't get the job because I voiced my opinion, I got a hiring package. That hiring manager to this day still says that was the most impressive interview you ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Because I practice for other interviews, I went through 100 potential interview questions, so none was a surprise. The worse is always about your worst quality.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. People keep saying to negotiate, but I was just happy to get a job. They say it doesn't hurt to ask. Some managers say if they don't ask, they get upset.

Inside Sales/CDG Software Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in April 2013.

I was contacted by CDG/Boeing from their own internal recruitment team. This was for an inside sales position working out of their main Long Beach location. I had 2 phone interviews, 1 casual and the other more formal/technical. I also had 2 in-person interviews at Long Beach. 1 was with the director of sales and the other was with the president of the division. They were standard interviews which followed typical styles and length (60-70 minutes each). I never had more than 8 days separating each point of contact and they moved reasonably fast/organized through their process. After 9 days from my last interview, I reached out to the internal recruiter for a hiring update/status. I was informed that I was "1 of 3 well qualified candidates and a decision would be made within 3 days and I would be notified. A week went by and no word either way. I decided to send an email asking if my candidacy was still being considered by Boeing, still no answer from them. This was surprising, since the job posting was still up on their web site. In the end, no one from CDG/Boeing ever responded to my inquiry. How long could it take to respond to one of your 3 job finalists via return email? I guess too long for Boeing. GO AIRBUS!!

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of one question or interviewing strategy used by anyone there out of the standard "cookie cutter" style used from any other company.   Answer Question

Faciity Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

Applied online- 2 times phone interview from recruiter and HQ HR.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

The interviewer was a very proper man. He addressed me in the most educated way possible. His questions were concise and to the point and he emphasized a lot the importance of a strong mechanical aptitude and how that helps to achieve their goals

PDM Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in March 2012.

Gave them my resume at a career fair about a month later I was told I got selected for an interview. I had an over the phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. It was almost all behavioral questions, or questions based off of my resume. They asked me one technical question. I got a call a day later saying that my manager's manager still had to approve it but that they would be extending me the offer. The next Monday I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    no negotaion it was an internship

IT Leadership Opportunities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boeing in October 2010.

Overall - the process wasn't completely terrible. There was a phone interview and a 2 on 1 interview, where one of the interviewers came off very aggressive. They offer to fly, but don't reimburse for travel to the airport, which took me 3 hours of driving one-way. Terrible at getting back to you about anything.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in May 2010.

Interview consisted of Q&A of my resume, review of my portfolio and general description of the position I applied for. The whole process took about an hour. Quick and easy.

No negotiation. Just a description of salary structure and benefits.

Structural Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in March 2010.

Structure Panel Interview. 3 engineers ask you a set of structured open ended questions and have you answer them.

Easy to counter offer.