Boeing

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details – Met at school career fair. Gave me an interview and offered me a job within 2 weeks. This section is already too long. Please let me pass and submit. This is incredibly annoying. Come on this must be 30 words already.

Interview Question – Do you like working with minorities.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through Boeing career site, contacted within 2 weeks to fill out additional information. Eventually scheduled an interview date. I was flown to Seattle and shuttled (along with 8 other people all applying for same position) to interview site. Career fair setting. They call your name when they are ready to interview you.
It was noisy during interview. (25-50 other people all interviewing makes a bit of white noise)
Interviewed by two managers from different engineering disciplines.
Asked the standard STAR questions.
I was caught off guard as the final questions they asked were all VERY similar in nature and I had to try and come up with a different story to say almost the same exact answer. They were very patient and even suggested ideas for me to draw upon.

I felt confident as I touched upon every requirement of the job description in my answers.

Contacted within 3 business days with an offer.

Background check in progress.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. They surpassed my salary expectations.

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Interested and informed interviewers. Job fair setting. Very calm and mellow setting. Not rushed or had feeling of being just another one in line. Hiring was a bit more obscure; all done on-line. Human resources very helpful although also very compartmentalized. You will need patience as every one thing is handled by another person.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation not possible for me.

Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in February 2009.

Interview Details – Job offer was on the spot at a job fair. Interview process: 2 group interviews and 1 panel interview with 3 Boeing managers. Situational questions.

Interview Question – When was there an experience in which i failed and how did i respond? something like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate pay if you have prior experience. Negotiate relocation even if it is not offered!! EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS NEGOTIABLE!

Everett, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Phone interview during the major hire in 2005 for interns. Transitioned from intern to full time once I graduated. Phone interview was very straightforward with no real technical questions. Very much a "Situation-Action-Result" interview.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for interns.

Everett, WA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – Phone interview: Short, only 20 minutes. They asked mostly behavioral questions about teamwork settings and research projects that I have done in school.

Interview Question – Explain a time you worked with a group and what were the pros and cons   Answer Question

North Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in February 2011.

Interview Details – Two managers interviewed with the basic questions of (What would you do in this situation...) They try to make you feel as comfortable as they can and help clarify questions. You also have an opportunity in the interview to ask questions about the company. The room was enclosed so no buddy can watch or interrupt.

Interview Question – How do you deal with diversity in the work place? There are so many ways to answer this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth online with HR.

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in October 2009.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR about 2 month after submitting resume. Interviewed with HR specialist first. Then I interviewed with 2 hiring managers. Had a very good experience. A few days after the interview, I was contacted to come back and interview with of members of the manager's staff.

Interview Question – I had to explained my graduate research work in detail to the member of the engineering staff who was doing a similar work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate. There was a small movement upward but overall the overall package was good.

Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is to find out if a personel is a good fit for the Manufacturing Engineer position to support Airplane Production Line within Boeing. The keys to the position are the knowledge of manufacturing process, commnication skill (very important) and up-coming learning process within Boeing.

Interview Question – how do you communicate with co-workers, mechanics, technician to get a new assignment done? how do you overcome obstacle with relating workers to achieve the best results?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is the internal transfer. There is no negotiation but the most important part is to find out if the new position is a good fit or good try for the interviewed candidate.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!