Boeing Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2014

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Met at school career fair. Gave me an interview and offered me a job within 2 weeks. This section is already too long. Please let me pass and submit. This is incredibly annoying. Come on this must be 30 words already.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Applied through Boeing career site, contacted within 2 weeks to fill out additional information. Eventually scheduled an interview date. I was flown to Seattle and shuttled (along with 8 other people all applying for same position) to interview site. Career fair setting. They call your name when they are ready to interview you.
    It was noisy during interview. (25-50 other people all interviewing makes a bit of white noise)
    Interviewed by two managers from different engineering disciplines.
    Asked the standard STAR questions.
    I was caught off guard as the final questions they asked were all VERY similar in nature and I had to try and come up with a different story to say almost the same exact answer. They were very patient and even suggested ideas for me to draw upon.

I felt confident as I touched upon every requirement of the job description in my answers.

Contacted within 3 business days with an offer.

Background check in progress.

Did not negotiate. They surpassed my salary expectations.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing.

Interested and informed interviewers. Job fair setting. Very calm and mellow setting. Not rushed or had feeling of being just another one in line. Hiring was a bit more obscure; all done on-line. Human resources very helpful although also very compartmentalized. You will need patience as every one thing is handled by another person.

Negotiation not possible for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in February 2009.

Job offer was on the spot at a job fair. Interview process: 2 group interviews and 1 panel interview with 3 Boeing managers. Situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • When was there an experience in which i failed and how did i respond? something like that.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate pay if you have prior experience. Negotiate relocation even if it is not offered!! EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS NEGOTIABLE!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Phone interview during the major hire in 2005 for interns. Transitioned from intern to full time once I graduated. Phone interview was very straightforward with no real technical questions. Very much a "Situation-Action-Result" interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations for interns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boeing.

Phone interview: Short, only 20 minutes. They asked mostly behavioral questions about teamwork settings and research projects that I have done in school.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you worked with a group and what were the pros and cons   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in February 2011.

Two managers interviewed with the basic questions of (What would you do in this situation...) They try to make you feel as comfortable as they can and help clarify questions. You also have an opportunity in the interview to ask questions about the company. The room was enclosed so no buddy can watch or interrupt.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with diversity in the work place? There are so many ways to answer this.   Answer Question
    Back and forth online with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in October 2009.

Was contacted by HR about 2 month after submitting resume. Interviewed with HR specialist first. Then I interviewed with 2 hiring managers. Had a very good experience. A few days after the interview, I was contacted to come back and interview with of members of the manager's staff.

Interview Questions
    • I had to explained my graduate research work in detail to the member of the engineering staff who was doing a similar work.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate. There was a small movement upward but overall the overall package was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in February 2009.

The interview process is to find out if a personel is a good fit for the Manufacturing Engineer position to support Airplane Production Line within Boeing. The keys to the position are the knowledge of manufacturing process, commnication skill (very important) and up-coming learning process within Boeing.

Interview Questions
    • how do you communicate with co-workers, mechanics, technician to get a new assignment done? how do you overcome obstacle with relating workers to achieve the best results?   View Answer
    This is the internal transfer. There is no negotiation but the most important part is to find out if the new position is a good fit or good try for the interviewed candidate.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!