Boeing

Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Applied through Boeing's website in August. Received an automated follow-up email to verify application a month later. A week after that, received an invitation to have a phone interview, which occurred two days later (other than accepting the calendar invite through the email, I did not receive any responses to emails to Boeing staffing for more information about the interview/process). Phone interview was with a hiring manager and an HR rep. There was one open-ended question (basically a "tell us a little about yourself") then four pretty standard STAR questions, nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary. Within two weeks, I received an offer. From there, there was pre-employment drug screen and background check and they put me in contact with reps for paperwork and relocation, etc.

Interview Questions
Offer was extended as a PDF/through their website with little detail. It was generous enough and included relocation so I didn't try to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in April 2014.

I applied for the position in October and did not hear back until April, around 6 months. I got contacted via email for the position and set up an interview for later in the week.

I arrived at the office and was interviewed by two managers. The interview consisted of five behavioral questions, all regarding experiences that were relevant to the position. These questions were not the typical behavioral questions such as "tell me a time when you faced conflict in a work environment" but rather were about times when you used certain skills; for example: analyzing data, making a recommendation based on that data, and presenting it in the form of a chart/graph/model. These questions threw me off a bit, since I was expecting the standard behavioral questions.

The questions directed at me took around 35 minutes or so, and the remaining 25 minutes I asked questions to the managers, who were very enthusiastic in their answers. The interview in total took one hour.

Less than a week later I was contacted the a hiring manager with Boeing and was given an offer. After accepting the offer, I had to pass a background check and drug test, as well as sign various documents. This process took around a week before I was accepted for employment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were given a set of data, had to analyze the data, and make a recommendation using that data in the form of a graph or model.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boeing in March 2011.

They asked for real life experiences for the type of job I would perform.

Interview Questions
    • How did I improve each company I had worked for.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing in June 2010.

I applied for numerous positions on the Boeing website that I felt I had experience and qualifications for. Because of all the applications they go through, they use a lot of key words to look through resumes. made each resume different for each position I applied for.
    It took me months to hear back, but I was called in for a interview. The interview happens in a cafeteria like setting, where there are tables set up and other people are being interviewed. When they set you up for an interview, they give you an idea of what the interview will be like, and tips on how to prepare.

I was interviewed by 3 people who were supervisors for my position. Each one asked 1 question, where i was suppose to give a situation, explains that tasks i took to come up with an answer There wasn't much eye contact, since they were writing my answers down. The interview was less than an hour.

Unlike many people who hear months later, I was lucky enough o hear about 2 weeks later. I took the position without negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to solve a problem with critical thinking. What was the problem, what were the steps you took, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in October 2009.

Long and can take a matter of months. As long as your still under consideration on the website you're literally still under consideration. Depending on business needs, it can be upwards of 6 months to get back you or as little as a few days. The interview are set up by secretarys and they have little information to give you. They use the STAR interview method and will ask you about processes you have improved, constraints you have over come, data analysis, metrics, and things of that nature. Make sure you respond to the interview questions in the STAR format. They like to see examples if you have them. If you write anything down while going through the interview they will take it with them. Ask questions about the position, they feel that you're interested when you do so.

Interview Questions
    • Question on process metrics, how you have used them, why you used them, what you did with them and who benefited from them.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is a waste of time, they RARELY accept counter offers and that process can take up to 4-6 weeks.