Boeing Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014

3.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Submitted Application, was contacted by 90 days after I submitted application. I was interviewed using a structured interview process. The applicant needs to talk about a situation, what I did and what was the outcome. They are looking specifically for this format. What they are looking for is: during the situation did you or your team see a need to improve upon the situation? If so, what did you do? Then the outcome, did you improve the situation by reducing a financial obligation to the company? Did you improve the situation by reducing steps it took to complete therefore you introduced a lean practice?

Interview Questions
  • The diversity questions aren't usually about what you think it is: Gender, race, nationality. It can be about a different culture you came into or how people perceive differently because they were raised differently than you. Answers to the diversity are usually: I get along with anybody, I like all kinds of people from different races, genders and nationalities.
    Think outside the box and come up with an answer in how you might have encountered a different culture than your own and you worked with that person to come up with a compromise or a solution.
      Answer Question
Wasn't able to negotiate pay or time off. The package they offered was the package they offered

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

interviewed at Boeing in April 2011.

The hiring process is long and drawn out. You submit your résumé which then gets filtered. If yours makes it through the filter it goes to the hiring manager who then down selects and does an informal screening. It depends on the job position and manager but for most they are very informal and just helps them get a first pass to see if they even want to talk to you. Then they down select again for the formal interview. This is in person with a panel of people. I think 3 is minimum. They will ask a series of probably 4-7 questions that are situational so "when was a time when you experienced...?". Those require you to give a scenario and explain the process you went though but you won't be asked specific technical questions such as working a problem. At this point the manager either makes their final decision or could bring people in for one last round (mostly for dev positions). HR is slow and so it can take a while after the manager decides they want you to the time you get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to analyze data to come to a conclusion. What was the situation what actions did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in June 2013.

I applied online, got an interview a week later. The interview was scheduled to last 45 minutes, but mine lasted about an hour and a half. I receive an offer call from my boss after 3 hours. An effective PM is one that shows very strong empathetic skill and strength/confidence in their ability to lead and get the job done.

Remember, when you get an interview, they already think you're qualified. Make sure you are able to convey your social skills and passion for project management in your interview. It is by far one of the most difficult jobs to land due to the rare nature of someone who possesses strong social skill, technical prowess, and proven adaptability.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to display your personality up front. Do research on the company and think about why and how your skills can contribute to the company. This is true for any interview. STAR method questions are very straightforward. If you do your research, you may be able to predict a few questions they will ask. Be honest. I feel this advice was key to my success in getting an offer. Good luck!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in April 2011.

I was interviewed by 2 engineers, but they kept prompting me to be more specific, so I know I wasn't specific enough. Found out 3 days later by email I didn't get the job.
     They did fly me to the personal interview without a phone interview which was kind of surprising.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in January 2011.

Started off with a quick ten minute phone interview. Was later asked to attend a 1:1 in person interview. The interviewer asked almost all behavioral based questions. Example: tell us about a time when you had to deal with someone in work or school that was hard to work with. Or, tell us about a major project and what obstacles you had to overcome.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked on a major project and had to over come obstacles. How did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Renton, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in January 2008.

The day on the interview I checked in with the front desk to get a badge to get into the facility. The interview was conducted by a manager and two senior Project Managers. To answer questions I had to answer by describing the situation then what I did to correct the situation and what was the final outcome.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when a project is falling behind and you find out you won't be able to meet the deadline?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Boeing.

1. Resume submission via Boeing's Recruitment website
    2. Initial interview - Telephonic (After ~2 months)
    3. Final interview - Face-to-face (Within 2 weeks)
    4. Offer rollout & Acceptancec (Approx 1 month)
    5. Credentials checking (2 months)
    6. Joining

Interview Questions
    • 1. Details on significant achievements
      2. Details on major challenges faced & how they were overcome
        Answer Question
    Offer was actually better that what I had targeted, so I did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in December 2009.

Panel interview, behavioral questions asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you felt something was wrong?   Answer Question
    Offer letter mailed to you. Accept or Reject

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!