Boeing

2.9

181 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Applied online. Make sure to tailor your resume to match the competencies listed on their job description. The first interview was done via phone. If you do well, they will email you an invitation for an in person interview. The person interview is an all day event that consists of multiple interviews with different teams. Depending on how well you interviewed with each team; you may receive multiple offers from individual teams or none at all. The most important thing to keep in mind when interviewing is that Boeing interviews are very structured and they ask only behavioral questions. This means that you want to respond in a very structured format. Start off by stating the situation. Then briefly list the actions you took to correct the problem. Last, state the outcome/result of your actions. To really impress the interviewers, try to come up with something profound at the end of every response. Kind of like the moral of the story. In this case, it's what you would try to avoid in the future to prevent this problem from happening again.

Interview Questions
    • If you read over the competencies listed in their job description, you should be well prepared. All the questions are related to the competencies. Try to think of stories ahead of time that relates to the competencies so that you can tell it when asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Got an email asking if I was still interested in a position I had applied to online back in July (it was mid September when I received the email) and if I was, send along sometimes for a phone interview. Gave some times and had an hour and a half phone panel interview using the STARS format going over my resume

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this position   Answer Question
    • give me an example of a time when you implanted a change to a process and the outcome of that change   Answer Question
    No real negotiations, Speea job and they hit my target requirement for base salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

On campus interview: First round was a one on one behavioral with the basic questions you can find anywhere such as: state a time when you didn't meet a deadline, state a time when you lead a team, what was your role, what was the outcome: The key to success is using the STAR format to answer all questions
    Second round was a group case study interview in which you and a group of other students have to come up with a solution to the problem. The interviewers observe and say nothing until the process is over. I got a call that night with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not very difficult in general as long as you do some company research.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Submitted my resume online and got a call from the hiring manager himself a couple of days later. Just wanted to schedule time for an onsite. The onsite interview was a 1 hour long 4:1 with 4 managers and directors of different levels. It was extremely structured in the question being asked. The hiring manager was actually reading the questions from a document, which I have not seen anybody doing in 15 years for quantitative roles. All the questions were of the "tell me about a time when you had to do this and that". Most, but not all, were quantitative in nature. But also got a couple along the lines of "tell me about a time when you had to reconcile differences with a colleague". No white-boarding at all, which is also usually odd for data scientist positions.
    I left happy with how the interview went. I usually excel in this type of interviews.
    What happened next was kind of puzzling. I got a HR person contacting me, telling me that my online application did not match what I had on my resume. So I went in, updated the online application and waited. But nobody ever contacted me again. That's kind of unusual because when you end up going onsite, a recruiter always follows up with some closure (either an offer or no offer).

Integral Fuel Cell Sealer A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

You apply online.Your Resume must reflect your education, experience , and skills.You will be contacted via phone or email if you're a candidate, for a interview event. Interview is 5, STAR format questions.( possibility of a second interview on the same day not STAR format, that's good news! ) You will be contacted via email with a offer for the job that you interviewed, if you're selected. ( passed interview)Then you'll need to pass UA test, and background screening before given a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult if you study .
      Google STAR format questions study them and study them again and then some more and you will be OK.

Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

I first applied online. I received an email less than a week later asking for an on campus interview. Interview consisted of three behavioral questions, but they had follow up questions to my answers. I interviewed with two college recruiters. The interview lasted around one hour. Less than one week later I got my offer to be a Supply Chain Intern in the Seattle area.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

The hiring and interview process was coordinated well for me, Everything was done online so I had easy access to information through emails and the boeing portal. The interviewers were professional

Interview Questions
    • When was a situation you were in the wrong?   View Answer
    No negotiation took place, you get what you get

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Boeing came to the career day at my undergraduate business college. I spoke with a manager and a current financial analyst, and they said they wanted to interview me. Set up the interview that day, interviewed, and heard back about a week later saying they were offering me an internship.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a situation where you overcame a great challenge, and the result of that"   Answer Question
    No negotiation typically for summer interns

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied for the job on their website and was contacted by global staffing to set up a phone interview. Some jobs do require some pre-interview screenings and personality tests that you can do on the internet--they send you a login/password and it's all confidential. For more senior positions and if you're applying internally they will usually try to set up a physical interview with you if you live in the area.

The interview lasted about an hour and was composed of two hiring managers and a HR person. It followed the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) for all questions except the first "Tell us about yourself and why you are a good fit for this position.." as well as an opportunity for me to ask questions afterwards.

The questions were all based directly from the job description among the "General" and "Technical" requirements and could have been very easy to prepare for ahead of time by simply reading the job posting--the requirements are in bullet points (e.g. "Process Modeling", "Work Place Design").

It's important to note that Boeing is currently in the middle of transitioning from their old proprietary job posting system to Taleo but the general format and content of their job postings hasn't changed--all the information you need is still there as far as I can tell.

Every single Boeing interview will also have a question about diversity aka "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone from a different cultural background" or some variant.

For this position I was offered the job a few hours after the interview, but that isn't common. Response time is highly, highly variable and can range from hours to months. It was of course dependent on a background check by both Boeing and NASA (typically it'll just be Boeing--but if you're applying certain jobs there will be extra requirements such as security clearance) and a drug screening by both.

Boeing doesn't typically negotiate much. You can try but it's not general practice for them to budge on anything; I have been on both sides of the table and have never seen any substantial negotiation of salary. They don't do signing bonuses in my experience.

IMPORTANT: If you care about relocation, make sure that you read the job posting--it will generally say yes or no for 'Relocation Assistance.' If for some reason that isn't specified due to their transition to Taleo, find out if you care.

The reason I say this is THEY WILL NEVER NEGOTIATE THIS IN AN OFFER--if relocation assistance isn't specified in the job posting, you will not get relocation assistance. Period.

Methods Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Applied through Boeing's website in August. Received an automated follow-up email to verify application a month later. A week after that, received an invitation to have a phone interview, which occurred two days later (other than accepting the calendar invite through the email, I did not receive any responses to emails to Boeing staffing for more information about the interview/process). Phone interview was with a hiring manager and an HR rep. There was one open-ended question (basically a "tell us a little about yourself") then four pretty standard STAR questions, nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary. Within two weeks, I received an offer. From there, there was pre-employment drug screen and background check and they put me in contact with reps for paperwork and relocation, etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer was extended as a PDF/through their website with little detail. It was generous enough and included relocation so I didn't try to negotiate.