Boeing Software Engineer III Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Boeing in April 2010.

The interviews are done using the formal interview process. All the questions are behavioral questions. There were no technical coding questions. They read off a predefined set of questions. Paneled interview with 3-5 people for about 2 hours. There are two managers one from a different team, one technical lead and an engineer.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Boeing in April 2012.

A human resource representative set up phone interview with two department managers. They asked questions about my work experience. Then they pass your resume around the various groups throughout the department. If any groups think you might be a good fit, you are contacted for an on-site interview with those groups.

Interview Questions
    The offer was in the range of other offers I received. So I accepted it as it was with no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in June 2008.

This division / work group uses the "structured" interview technique. The questions covered problems that were encountered on previous job assignments including technical problems, co-worker problems, etc. They were interested in what the problem was and how you approached and eventually solved the problem.

Interview Questions
    • give us an example of a time you were assigned a task where the expectations / deliverable was not explicitly defined, How did you successfully complete the assignment?   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in June 2011.

They only asked a few "technical" questions. Example - "What do you see as the main differences between C# and Java?"

Other than that, it was all structured interview questions... "Tell me about a time when you failed?" "Tell me about a time you had to work under a difficult manager."

Interview Questions
    • When you have two tasks and both are due at the same time, how do you determine which is the more important task?   Answer Question

They did not offer me a raise over my current position so I declined.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!