Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2014

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing.

Applied online... a couple of weeks later was sent a questionnaire to fill out via email... a week later asked to fill out an application online... a couple of weeks later was emailed that I had been selected for an interview, was given a date but not a time or location... then two days before the interview was emailed the rest of the details. So it's a long process without much details or personal touch along the way. Interviewed in front of a panel of people... standard behavioral type questions. The interview panel was nice but it was a very structured process. Was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
  • There are 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions all expecting a star response.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

The interviewer has a list of questions that are clearly from a script, where they are sure the are P.C. and couldn't possibly be grounds for a complaint. That makes it difficult for both sides to actually communicate anything meaningful about the job or how interactions with the rest of the team might go.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected thing is there weren't any questions that actually meant anything. I knew about the actual work being done through my connection.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, as this was a contract with a fixed billing rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2013.

I got an initial on-campus interview in late September 2013. This interview was a behavioral interview, and it was 3 on 1. It was the typical Boeing structured interview. I did not get a letter of intent from this interview. However, they kept my resume in the system, and I was contacted about 3 weeks later by another Boeing recruiter. I set up phone interviews with 2 different hiring managers for Argon ST, a Boeing subsidiary in Fairfax, VA. These interviews were structured interviews as well.

About 3 weeks after these phone interviews, I was invited to go on-site in Fairfax for a group interview and office tour. The first hour of this process was in a meeting room with 5 or 6 managers and engineers. It was very informal, with them describing what they worked on, asking me 2 coding questions, and then giving me the chance to ask questions. After that, I got an office tour for about a half hour. I really liked their office - it seemed most people had individual or 2-person offices, but there was also an agile room. In addition, the work hours offered were flexible, and the company would pay for grad school.

I ended up getting an offer the next week, and it was a very competitive offer with great benefits. I had another job offer I preferred, but if I decide to move back to the DC area, I would definitely try and apply again to Boeing.

Interview Questions
    • Write code to parse a string and count the number of occurrences of each word.   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere. I definitely would have been happy working here, however. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I had an hour long phone interview that had three parts. First, some administrative stuff, then 6 questions, and finally some time for me to ask a few questions. The six questions were a mix between experience and personality traits.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your approach to testing a large scale software project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I was first contacted via email asking if I'd be interested in a phone interview for a position in Long Beach I had applied to about a month earlier. Details were sorted out over two calls with an office manager, and the interview itself was a conference call with 3 directors, including a team manager, a department director, and the site director.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were generic behavioral types, without a lot of follow ups. The closest thing to a surprise was a question towards my experience in an Agile development environment, that seemed targeted at fleshing out if I really understood what the term meant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in March 2009.

structured interview didnt ask pertinent questions, only 2o f four people asked questions. was not allowed to submit statements, just answers to questions. did not tell applicant what the job entailed

no phase

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

They went over the basic STAR procedure and asked me several questions concerning engineering in general. They expected me to relate the questions back to my experience in labs and at work. The interview was fairly straightforward and easy to comprehend. As long as you remember Situation, Task, Action and Result, you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in April 2013.

Everything question was required to be answered in STAR structure.
    Questions its self were easy to answer since it was a structured interview.
    It took a full month for any response after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • None of the question were difficult or unexpected.
      I felt they were more looking into my personality then the answer.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Boeing in January 2010.

I was interviewed by the program manager and a senior engineer

Interview Questions
    I told the project manager what I wanted to make and that was what I got. I knew what others in the job were getting and it was a narrow field so I had a good idea of what I should make and what they would be willing to pay.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

I applied at college/university career fair. I got a phone call from boeing in the next day. The interview difficulty was average. They expected the you to answer interview questions using the S.T.A.R. method: situation, task, action, and result.

Interview Questions

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!