Boeing

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – The interviewer has a list of questions that are clearly from a script, where they are sure the are P.C. and couldn't possibly be grounds for a complaint. That makes it difficult for both sides to actually communicate anything meaningful about the job or how interactions with the rest of the team might go.

Interview Question – The most unexpected thing is there weren't any questions that actually meant anything. I knew about the actual work being done through my connection.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, as this was a contract with a fixed billing rate.

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an initial on-campus interview in late September 2013. This interview was a behavioral interview, and it was 3 on 1. It was the typical Boeing structured interview. I did not get a letter of intent from this interview. However, they kept my resume in the system, and I was contacted about 3 weeks later by another Boeing recruiter. I set up phone interviews with 2 different hiring managers for Argon ST, a Boeing subsidiary in Fairfax, VA. These interviews were structured interviews as well.

About 3 weeks after these phone interviews, I was invited to go on-site in Fairfax for a group interview and office tour. The first hour of this process was in a meeting room with 5 or 6 managers and engineers. It was very informal, with them describing what they worked on, asking me 2 coding questions, and then giving me the chance to ask questions. After that, I got an office tour for about a half hour. I really liked their office - it seemed most people had individual or 2-person offices, but there was also an agile room. In addition, the work hours offered were flexible, and the company would pay for grad school.

I ended up getting an offer the next week, and it was a very competitive offer with great benefits. I had another job offer I preferred, but if I decide to move back to the DC area, I would definitely try and apply again to Boeing.

Interview Question – Write code to parse a string and count the number of occurrences of each word.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer elsewhere. I definitely would have been happy working here, however. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone.

Saint Louis, MO

Interview Details – I had an hour long phone interview that had three parts. First, some administrative stuff, then 6 questions, and finally some time for me to ask a few questions. The six questions were a mix between experience and personality traits.

Interview Question – Describe your approach to testing a large scale software project.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details – I was first contacted via email asking if I'd be interested in a phone interview for a position in Long Beach I had applied to about a month earlier. Details were sorted out over two calls with an office manager, and the interview itself was a conference call with 3 directors, including a team manager, a department director, and the site director.

Interview Question – The questions were generic behavioral types, without a lot of follow ups. The closest thing to a surprise was a question towards my experience in an Agile development environment, that seemed targeted at fleshing out if I really understood what the term meant.   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing in March 2009.

Interview Details – structured interview didnt ask pertinent questions, only 2o f four people asked questions. was not allowed to submit statements, just answers to questions. did not tell applicant what the job entailed

Interview Question – there were no hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no phase

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – They went over the basic STAR procedure and asked me several questions concerning engineering in general. They expected me to relate the questions back to my experience in labs and at work. The interview was fairly straightforward and easy to comprehend. As long as you remember Situation, Task, Action and Result, you should be fine.

Interview Question – How did diversity impact your work?   Answer Question

El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in April 2013.

Interview Details – Everything question was required to be answered in STAR structure.
Questions its self were easy to answer since it was a structured interview.
It took a full month for any response after the interview.

Interview Question – None of the question were difficult or unexpected.
I felt they were more looking into my personality then the answer.
  Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Boeing in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the program manager and a senior engineer

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told the project manager what I wanted to make and that was what I got. I knew what others in the job were getting and it was a narrow field so I had a good idea of what I should make and what they would be willing to pay.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied at college/university career fair. I got a phone call from boeing in the next day. The interview difficulty was average. They expected the you to answer interview questions using the S.T.A.R. method: situation, task, action, and result.

Interview Question – Describe your experience on a complex project   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in May 2013.

Interview Details – Was called to set up a phone interview. Interviewer was very helpful and clear about what the team was looking for ahead of time. Phone interview was a group of 5 with 1 being the hiring manager and the rest being team members. All questions were STAR based and fairly common questions (tell us a time when X happened). No technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – A deadline is approaching and you cannot finish all the work left on time - do you partially do everything or completely do a few things leaving others not implemented?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.