Boeing

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Boeing.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited for in person interview. The first interview was a STAR format with a panel of two; hiring manager and HR. I had a great experience. I passed! Unfortunately, they went on a hiring freeze. I was told that it will be pending but nothing has been changed since then, almost a year.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just do your homework /research about the company and the position. The interview is STAR format.Getting prepared is the key.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in November 2012.

Interview Details – A pain. Takes weeks. The wheels turn slowley.

Interview Question – "Describe a time when diversity was a major concern. How did you handle this?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was an interview at a university and it was pleasant. I was interviewed by one person primarily and another was taking notes, too. We discussed generally accepted interview questions in addition to my qualifications for the job.

After talking for a while about various requirements of the job, and after I was able to ask a few questions of my own, I was told that this was the only interview of the process and that I'd be informed of a decision within the next few weeks.

Interview Question – Tell us about a specific account where you failed at something.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, but I was okay with that. Boeing pays very well and though they're quite interested in getting young blood on board, they also did a good job offering me enough to say "yes" the first time.

Everett, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in April 2012.

Interview Details – Boeing's interview process is very structured. Every applicant is asked the same questions to ensure fairness. Questions are behavioral, revolving around citing work experience to describe a situation pertinent to the question, the action you took and the final outcome. Hiring process is long flow, typically taking 5 months or more from application to actually starting work. Process is rather cold, as knowing people doesn't really help because everything comes through their online application system, and resumes have to make it through computer filters before ever being considered by an actual person. As far as I can tell, those filters are juju, no idea how some make it through and others dont because ones that do are often laughably bad or irrelevant (particularly those for people who shotgun their resume at every job opening).

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can't sperm directly to this from an external hiring perspective. Internally, there is no negotiating...if you get an offer you get to either accept it as is, or decline it and hope for an interview for another position.

Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview with Boeing. I was then invited to an in person interview. I interview with one manager and two team leads. The interview took about an hour. I was asked about my work history and skill-set.

Interview Question – How would I manage working with a large org with my different view points.   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boeing in January 2009.

Interview Details – Their ATS is "BESS" - the online resume submittal website. Seems to have gotten tougher & trickier to be selected for an interview by a resume. It's a 'blackhole' process.

Interview process
STARO style: Panel gives the interviewee a Situation or Task scenerio, then asks the interviewee what Action(s) they took and the Result(s) &/or Outcome(s) of the action.
Boeing changed to this style several years ago (probably as a result of the Oxley-Sarbanes court case) and even the hiring managers don't like it. It is a points system designed to be fair and it's very impersonal.

Interview Question – don't recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No - at least not at my level. The offers are based on a points/algorhythm(sp?) depending on factors such as education. Boeing is not very transparent on this segment of the process.

Staff Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Boeing in September 2012.

Interview Details – Completed online app and was asked to fill out lengthy application about a week later. received a call for interview 2 weeks later. interviewed 1 week later and received offer 5 days later.

Interview Question – Questions consisted of STAR based questions. not difficult and just BE HONEST.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told I could negotiate but I slept on it and took the original offer. It was a good offer plus when you add about 30% in perks such as health insurance, training, vacation, holiday, bonus then you get to see the real number, which is great!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing Staff Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.