Boeing Staff Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Staff Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for in person interview. The first interview was a STAR format with a panel of two; hiring manager and HR. I had a great experience. I passed! Unfortunately, they went on a hiring freeze. I was told that it will be pending but nothing has been changed since then, almost a year.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just do your homework /research about the company and the position. The interview is STAR format.Getting prepared is the key.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

A pain. Takes weeks. The wheels turn slowley.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when diversity was a major concern. How did you handle this?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Boeing's interview process is very structured. Every applicant is asked the same questions to ensure fairness. Questions are behavioral, revolving around citing work experience to describe a situation pertinent to the question, the action you took and the final outcome. Hiring process is long flow, typically taking 5 months or more from application to actually starting work. Process is rather cold, as knowing people doesn't really help because everything comes through their online application system, and resumes have to make it through computer filters before ever being considered by an actual person. As far as I can tell, those filters are juju, no idea how some make it through and others dont because ones that do are often laughably bad or irrelevant (particularly those for people who shotgun their resume at every job opening).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can't sperm directly to this from an external hiring perspective. Internally, there is no negotiating...if you get an offer you get to either accept it as is, or decline it and hope for an interview for another position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was an interview at a university and it was pleasant. I was interviewed by one person primarily and another was taking notes, too. We discussed generally accepted interview questions in addition to my qualifications for the job.

After talking for a while about various requirements of the job, and after I was able to ask a few questions of my own, I was told that this was the only interview of the process and that I'd be informed of a decision within the next few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a specific account where you failed at something.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but I was okay with that. Boeing pays very well and though they're quite interested in getting young blood on board, they also did a good job offering me enough to say "yes" the first time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing (Renton, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had one phone interview with Boeing. I was then invited to an in person interview. I interview with one manager and two team leads. The interview took about an hour. I was asked about my work history and skill-set.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage working with a large org with my different view points.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Their ATS is "BESS" - the online resume submittal website. Seems to have gotten tougher & trickier to be selected for an interview by a resume. It's a 'blackhole' process.

Interview process
    STARO style: Panel gives the interviewee a Situation or Task scenerio, then asks the interviewee what Action(s) they took and the Result(s) &/or Outcome(s) of the action.
    Boeing changed to this style several years ago (probably as a result of the Oxley-Sarbanes court case) and even the hiring managers don't like it. It is a points system designed to be fair and it's very impersonal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No - at least not at my level. The offers are based on a points/algorhythm(sp?) depending on factors such as education. Boeing is not very transparent on this segment of the process.

Staff Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing in September 2012.

Interview

Completed online app and was asked to fill out lengthy application about a week later. received a call for interview 2 weeks later. interviewed 1 week later and received offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of STAR based questions. not difficult and just BE HONEST.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told I could negotiate but I slept on it and took the original offer. It was a good offer plus when you add about 30% in perks such as health insurance, training, vacation, holiday, bonus then you get to see the real number, which is great!