Boise Paper

3.4

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boise Paper in June 2014.

Applied via internet and researched the company & hiring personal
    1 - Phone Interview from HR
         a. Interview lasted 25 minutes and they will send you a response a few days later if you get a second round interview in person or not.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the declining paper industry?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boise Paper.

Phone screen followed by a series of 45 minute interviews with 4 to 5 employees you would be working with following a set of behavior/performance type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you failed at executing a task. What were the implications? What did you learn and how have you modified your approach so that it does not happen again?   Answer Question
    Quick decisions (Offer within 1 to 2 weeks) some latitude to negotiate on salary, location and vacation.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boise Paper in March 2013.

I did an interview at my University for a coop position at Boise. The woman who interviewed me was nice but she read information and questions straight off a standardized worksheet. Many of the questions were not relating to Engineering what so ever. Most of them were about previous jobs, situational kinds of things.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked something like if I had a particularly bad experience with a co worker at a previous job and how I handled it.   View Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boise Paper in November 2010.

Was contacted first for a short interview over the phone which took about 15 minutes then I scheduled an interview at their corporate office for two weeks later. Interview lasted about an hour and a half and consisted of a panel of 4 people. Questions in the interview were about my past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were asked by a coworker or manager to do something against your values and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boise Paper in September 2009.

Boise uses a hiring process called targeted selection. A group of interviewers will separately ask a series of questions that ask you to tell them a story about certain things in your work history. The answer to the questions should demonstrate you have tenacity, morals, work ethic, etc. Samples of the questions I was asked are; Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of. Tell me about the hardest thing you've had to do. Tell me how you resolved a dispute.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the hardest objection you've overcame and what you did to overcome it. .   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boise Paper in January 2008.

Panel consisted of: HR manager, direct supervisor, logistics manager, CSR lead.
    2 hrs long, switched rooms four times to interview one on one with each person. Ended with a the full panel in a conference room, final questions open forum.

The panel was very friendly, not intimidating, questions were basic and behavior based.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult call? How'd you handle?   View Answer
    • how do you help to create a productive working environment?   View Answer
    Offer was proposed over the phone. Very generous for the work.