Boise State University

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Boise State University.

Interview Details – I was already a state employee and was able to transfer, but it took quite awhile. I had to apply for a lot of jobs before something worked out. BSU has a ton of openings, but they really like to hire internally. Usually, somebody leaves a job and kind of a domino affect happens where the admins hop to a new position - which makes it hard to get in.

Interview Question – They follow a pretty standard state hiring list of questions. Nothing too weird!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Customer Service Representative I
Boise, ID

I applied online - interviewed at Boise State University in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview with two interviewing me. It was relaxed as I remember and what was of importance to them was being able to research your questions (learn by reading material provided) being self motivated.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $10.15 by my supervisor who hired me, but once my supervisor left to take another job on campus and a year and a half into my employment, my hourly wage was reduced to $9.36 by the senior counselor. The reason, just because she can. As far as I know, they can negotiate by prior experience as my supervisor did with me.

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager - IT Interview

Project Manager - IT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boise State University in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call to see about scheduling an interview. No indication that it would be a panel interview. Some email with dial in information. Apparently although this is a local candidate and local position, in person interview was not a consideration
When I dialed in, it was on a speaker phone with 5 people and a terrible connection. I asked if there was a different number and they called me back on a cell phone, which was only slightly better. Could not hear most of the 5 people. Questions were theory based and cryptic.I got the impression I didn't answer a single question correctly.

Interview Question – Not sure as I couldn't hear many of the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Security Officer Interview

Senior Security Officer
Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Boise State University.

Interview Details – I contacted both the Director of Security and the Security Supervisor about the available position to get more information and to introduce myself. The Supervisor was interested in what experience I had with security.

Interview Question – The questions are geared to determine whether you could handle yourself in an emergency situation. None of the questions were very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase because the state has a set level for a Senior Security Officer and that is the pay that you receive.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Boise State University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boise State University interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boise State University employees and interview candidates.