Boise State University

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.2

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boise State University.

I was referred to the position through a contact I had made with a former class TA (now a Professor). I set up a meet time with the faculty adviser at his office. The interview consisted of basic questions about my previous course work, knowledge of the research field, and interest in the project.

He offered me the job on the spot and we agreed on an hourly rate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Boise State University.

I was already a state employee and was able to transfer, but it took quite awhile. I had to apply for a lot of jobs before something worked out. BSU has a ton of openings, but they really like to hire internally. Usually, somebody leaves a job and kind of a domino affect happens where the admins hop to a new position - which makes it hard to get in.

Interview Questions
    • They follow a pretty standard state hiring list of questions. Nothing too weird!   Answer Question

Project Manager - IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boise State University in December 2013.

Phone call to see about scheduling an interview. No indication that it would be a panel interview. Some email with dial in information. Apparently although this is a local candidate and local position, in person interview was not a consideration
    When I dialed in, it was on a speaker phone with 5 people and a terrible connection. I asked if there was a different number and they called me back on a cell phone, which was only slightly better. Could not hear most of the 5 people. Questions were theory based and cryptic.I got the impression I didn't answer a single question correctly.

Senior Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boise State University.

I contacted both the Director of Security and the Security Supervisor about the available position to get more information and to introduce myself. The Supervisor was interested in what experience I had with security.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are geared to determine whether you could handle yourself in an emergency situation. None of the questions were very difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase because the state has a set level for a Senior Security Officer and that is the pay that you receive.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online – interviewed at Boise State University in June 2010.

I had one interview with two interviewing me. It was relaxed as I remember and what was of importance to them was being able to research your questions (learn by reading material provided) being self motivated.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $10.15 by my supervisor who hired me, but once my supervisor left to take another job on campus and a year and a half into my employment, my hourly wage was reduced to $9.36 by the senior counselor. The reason, just because she can. As far as I know, they can negotiate by prior experience as my supervisor did with me.