Bolthouse Farms Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

Assistant Manager of Automation Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bolthouse Farms in May 2013.

Found the job online, interview process took 2 weeks, nothing out of the ordinary, standard interview, It was at there HQ, everybody was nice. met with HR and 2 hiring managers.

no negotiation

Territory Merchandising Director Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bolthouse Farms.

The interview process was lengthy and unnecessarily so. First off, the HR coordinator gets in contact with you, and after a textbook, "tell me about yourself" Q and A they schedule a time to speak with a Territory Manager. The territory manager explains the job in more detail and again, asks some standard "tell me why we should hire you questions". Ok, you think the process is moving on.. HOLD UP! They ask to schedule an in person or Skype interview with the same person you just talked to for 30 minutes, oh yeah, but first make sure you complete the "homework" they send you.. A 15 slide in depth power point regarding the company and some basic marketing that they teach you in junior year of high school. After the presentation they say, "just one more step" and you talk to some other manager from who knows where. You then get an email saying THERES ONE LAST STEP.. At that point, after about 6 interviews and hours put in to this process an offer was made.. But by that time 2 other companies had made better offers in half the time. The job sounded like fun, but c'mon.. Have a little respect for the applicants time.

Territory Merchandising Director Interview

10 minute basic conversation at a coffee shop.

Territory Merchandising Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bolthouse Farms in January 2013.

Applied and about 2-4 days after I submitted an application I was contacted on the phone by a recruiter. She basically asked a few questions about my resume and then I was told she would like to conduct a phone interview so I schedule one and talked to her again about the details of the job and my qualifications. Next I was interview over the phone by the regional merchandising director where I asked him questions regarding the job as well clarifying any questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to give some examples of how I am self-motivated either professionally or personally.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bolthouse Farms in November 2012.

This was a very long interview process. First I submitted my resume online. Next a recruiter emailed me a questionnaire with about 20 interview questions. Next I did a phone interview with the recruiter. Then I did a phone interview with a the territory manager. The territory manager then asked me for a face to face interview. I was emailed an assignment to present to the territory manager at the face to face. The assignment consisted of putting together a power point presentation (as well a handing in a printed version) on the 3 P's and 4 C's of marketing as well as how I would be able to generate and maintain relationships throughout the territory. During the interview I was blindly asked to pitch a product the manager picked up from a shelf of the store we were interview in.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview I was blindly asked to pitch a product the manager picked up from a shelf of the store we were interview in.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bolthouse Farms in December 2011.

I received an email from a recruiter asking me if I was interested in a Senior / Lead position that they had. I said that I was interested and asked if she would send me a job description. She said that instead of sending me a job description, she would have the hiring manager give me a call and he would go over the specifics of the job with me to see if it's something that I'd be interested in. Two days later, I had the phone talk with the hiring manager and after talking, he said that he would like to pursue me further and would like to set up an on-site interview with me in two days. Two days later, I was on-site interviewing for a panel. They asked me some problem solving questions, personality questions, and background experience questions. Overall, it was a STAR (Situation Task Action Result) based interview and wasn't very technical.

The interview was supposed to last from 9am - 11:45am. It ended up going from 9am - 1:45pm because they offered to take me on a plant tour and then took me to lunch.

I received notice via email two days later (on a Sunday evening) that they were going to pursue an offer and that I should receive it the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a project that you worked on that you're particularly proud of.   Answer Question
    I asked for a base salary that was a considerable amount more than what I was already making (which was already decent money).

The offer came in higher than what I requested.

I asked for more vacation and I got it.

Territory Merchandising Director Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bolthouse Farms in August 2010.

The Interview was group conference call. We spoke about behavioral questions, then specific skill sets.
    STAR format.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bolthouse Farms? Contribute to the Community!