Bombardier Aerospace

2.9

Aircraft Maintenance Tech A&P Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Had one phone interview between HR and hiring supervisor. Went well. Was offered the job a week after interview. HR rep and supervisor were very professional on the phone but also easy to talk to and ask questions. Over all I felt good after the interview and felt like we connected well.

Seems the only way in is going through Aerotek as your recruiter. They're contract to hire. Usually keep you for 3 months as a contractor in order to weed out the non contributors.

Interview Questions
    • All questions where pretty common. I wasn't overly nervous as I already was employed but just looking for something better.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Starting pay was good, came with relocation money also. I would've asked for more now that I know how the raises don't even cover inflation.

Structures Mechanic Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Worked with contract agency to get my foot in the door then proved myself to the company to receive a permanent job offer.

Interview Questions
    I had to go back and forth to get what I wanted.

Sheet Metal Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

I filled out an application and received a call the same week. I was told to come in for an interview. When I came there, there was also about 20-30 other person there waiting for the interview. While we was waiting we had to fill to some form and wait until your name is called. We I was called in the room there was 4 mechanic in the room with 1 supervisor. They all asked me question and I answered. Everything went smooth and took about 1 hour. After that then they told me to go home and we'll call you in a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what are all the product and services does bombardier do beside make airplanes. They also want to know what all model airplane that they guilted.   Answer Question

A & P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, WV

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace in May 2011.

Application has more weight when you go through the contract company but for a perm position. There is an oral mechanical test and an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any of the specific interview questions.   Answer Question
    slight negotiation

Airframe and Powerplant Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace in January 2010.

Initial contact was by phone and followed by a 15 question phone interview after passing the interview regular 1on 1 interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an employee who is lazy and pssing off work to other employees.   View Answer
    • State a situation where you had to stand the ground for yourself.   Answer Question

Extremly low pay offer

Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Clever way of asking the standard questions. There was 1 phone and then 1 face to face interview before they want to hire you. The hiring process was long before they send you the official job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you accept their terms or you don't work for them

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Applied through school career centre and got an interview with the Hiring Manager within a week. Got the offer on the same day of the interview. But it took couple of weeks to start to complete the background check and everything.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more conversational. The manager was explaining the job description in details and I carried the conversation explaining how my experience match with the job description.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

There was a phone interview followed by 2 formal interview and a presentation that I had to prepare for a group of individuals. The questions were Typical HR questions mixed with situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describes a situation were a customer was unsatisfied with your technical presentations and what would you have done differently   Answer Question

Supplier Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace in July 2014.

6 months interview process. First telephone screen with question regarding motivation, holidays entitlement and salary. Second telephone interview with Hiring Manager and HR. Third on site interview with Hiring Manager and 2 colleagues (PP Panel). Very good feedback from Hiring Manager. Selected for potential hiring and then HR turned me down accusing of being "out of salary range". HR knew my salary range since 1st interview, nevertheless they engaged me for 6 months interview process and even selected me. Afterward they told I was only "pre-selected" and turned me down. The most unprofessional hiring process I have ever dealt with.

Interview Questions
    • Powerpoint presentation to a panel of 3 took 10 days preparation but was a great experience and brought positive results.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

I was hired from overseas and the recruitment was handled by professional firms. The interview was scheduled via Video Chat with Technical Leads, Managers and Directors. The offer was then provided with complete salary and relocation package. Offer did justice to my experience and market requirements. Relocation package also considered my spouse and was interfaced with a very good relocation partner who took care of everything.

Interview Questions
    • How can you use your learning and expertise to improve the processes and business for Bombardier Manufacturing?   View Answer
    No negotiation done