Bombardier Aerospace

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

A & P Mechanic Interview

Bridgeport, WV

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace in May 2011.

Interview Details – Application has more weight when you go through the contract company but for a perm position. There is an oral mechanical test and an interview.

Interview Question – I can't remember any of the specific interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – slight negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Structures Mechanic Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Interview Details – Worked with contract agency to get my foot in the door then proved myself to the company to receive a permanent job offer.

Interview Question – How much money do you want to make?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had to go back and forth to get what I wanted.

Sheet Metal Mechanic Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and received a call the same week. I was told to come in for an interview. When I came there, there was also about 20-30 other person there waiting for the interview. While we was waiting we had to fill to some form and wait until your name is called. We I was called in the room there was 4 mechanic in the room with 1 supervisor. They all asked me question and I answered. Everything went smooth and took about 1 hour. After that then they told me to go home and we'll call you in a week or so.

Interview Question – They asked me what are all the product and services does bombardier do beside make airplanes. They also want to know what all model airplane that they guilted.   Answer Question

Airframe and Powerplant Technician Interview

Bridgeport, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact was by phone and followed by a 15 question phone interview after passing the interview regular 1on 1 interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an employee who is lazy and pssing off work to other employees.   View Answer
  • State a situation where you had to stand the ground for yourself.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Extremly low pay offer

Engineering Professional Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Interview Details – Bombardier Aerospace hires Engineering Professionals with 8 or less years experience. Engineering Professionals can be of Level 1, 2 or 3. Your level and pay grade will be decided by how smartly you can negotiate, your desperation and their need.

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be smart in negotiation and get everything in written before you sign any dotted line.

Avionics Systems Engineer Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview went very well concerning if I would enjoy working and living in Toronto, Ontario (Canada).

Interview Question – Why was I willing to travel such a distance from Oklahoma City, Ok (USA) to Toronto, Ontario (Canada)?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Interview Details – It was more through a school program that connected me to bombardier. Bombardier didn't tell me about my job title until i arrived there. When i got there i found out i was being interviewed for two positions. I wrote down notes of the positions as they were explaining it.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where your supervisor would not be able to answer your questions or gave you little information regarding your question?   Answer Question

Materials and Processes Engineer Interview

Materials and Processes Engineer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Interview Details – Had direct interview with hiring manager and director. Very technically oriented and focused interview. They've asked about my previous work and education experiences. Explained the current projects and need for the open position. Asked questions about different materials and processes used in aerospace and my relevant accomplishment on those areas. Not many behavioral questions. There was a second interview which was also technical with another manager. I got an offer within 2/3 weeks and accepted.

Interview Question – They wanted to see some of my previous work details and asked me to present it in a powerpoint, which was a bit unexpected.   Answer Question

Engineering Specialist Interview

Engineering Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was great and really comfortable. The hiring process is another topic all together. HR department lacks a lot to be desired, needs real help to even resemble a professional HR department.

Interview Question – None, boiler plate template used for interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, it was take it or leave it.

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Bombardier Aerospace.

Interview Details – Applied in June 2013 through personal referral. Preliminary interview over the phone in August 2013. More formal phone interview one week later, lasting approximately 40 minutes. Following this I was invited for an in person interview in Toronto in September, 4 weeks later, in October, I was invited for an interview with management in Toronto. 1 week later I was told they were prepared to make me an offer but the person who would be my direct supervisor would like to have a face to face meeting. I called three times to set up the timing for this meeting, and received no response to that, or a subsequent request for an update on whether or not my candidacy was still under consideration.

Interview Question – Caught me off guard by asking about salary expectations during the preliminary interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bombardier Aerospace

Worked for Bombardier Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bombardier Aerospace interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bombardier Aerospace employees and interview candidates.