Bon Secours Health

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.1

Front Office Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bon Secours Health.

I completed the phone interview successfully and everything went well. The recruiter was very professional and informative about the position. I was very well qualified for the position and actually thought I had a chance of being hired because I have a positive employment background. But, a week later I got a letter stating that I was not eligible for hire because of one negative inquiry on my credit report.

I felt like I wasted my time applying and interviewing for the position and that was such a slap in the "face" because I've worked so hard to go back to school and better my self so that I can get experience in my field of study. My personal credit report has nothing to do with me as a individual and my work ethics. I'm sure not everyone has perfect credit and I felt like this was discrimination; especially coming from an organization that bases it's morals on a Christian background. I was judged for the wrong reason and it cost me the opportunity at a career and training that I very much needed to move forward.

There are soooooo many individuals that lie and cheat to get where they are and a honest hardworking person like me can't even get the chance at a better career.

Unit Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bon Secours Health.

Interview process was fine. Just what to be expected. The whole experience was great. I loved my time working there and would go back at anytime if living back in South Carolina.

No problems.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bon Secours Health.

Multiple phone interviews

Registered Nurse/Telemetry Floor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bon Secours Health in January 2014.

I applied to Bon Secours Maryview in November 2013 and received a phone call in the beginning of January to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and waited about 10-15 minutes for the interview to actually start. They asked the basic interview questions... Tell me about yourself, what would your last employer say about you, why do you want to work on the Telemetry floor, etc. They told me a lot about the company and what the company had to offer. At the end they asked a scenario question and they also asked if I had any questions to ask them. They took me on a tour on the unit after the interview. Before I left, they offered me to come in to see if I would like to shadow just to see if I'm interested in working on the unit. I called 2 days later to schedule to come in to shadow. They told me in order for me to come into shadow I had to shadow for 12 hours. I was there for 13 hours! I sent a Thank you card for the interview and I told them after shadowing the unit, I was interested in working on the Telemetry floor. After all of this... I didn't get the job. :-( I thought the interview and shadow experience went well.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were straight forward and they weren't difficult. The most unexpected question would probably be the scenario question which was a priority question.   Answer Question

EPIC Credentialed Trainer OpTime/Anesthesia Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bon Secours Health in September 2013.

I had a scheduled phone interview. I logged onto the conference call 5mins early for the interview. I waited 15mins and no one had logged onto the line. So while I was waiting, figured I'd email the recruiter to find out what's going on. He reported back that I should hang up the line because the interviewer had gotten pulled into a meeting and they would have to reschedule me later that afternoon. No worries, right? Wrong! Two days later I call the recruiter for the update on the rescheduled interview time. Surprisingly, he stated that they've been trying to get feedback to no avail. Well, turns out that Bon Secours did not realize they only had enough budget to hire so many individuals.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bon Secours Health in September 2012.

Was a contractor employed by X. Started Desktop Support and after a year or so of studying on my own, running labs in the office, and certifying I moved on to the Systems Administrator position.

Full time positions opened up and I filled one of those available. Had formal interview for my own job. Went as expected.

Not much wiggle room. Salary calculated using experience only for the most part. Disregarded degree.

Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer At Good Samaritan, Suffern, NY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bon Secours Health in October 2010.

I received an email after I applied online, asking me to call to set up in person interview. That was only the start of almost 4 months of wasted time. Offices looked old and messy, employees look unmotivated and are CERTAINLY not proactive at all. They just pretend they work and issues will go on for months, no one takes initiative.

The "process" is very informal and unorganized, with no follow-up whatsoever. No one cares.

Interview Questions

I opted out of the process (if you can call that "process") after almost 4 months of following up and being told “yes we want to make you a job offer”, “we will call you next week”. First interview was in August and last one by end of October. I followed up after I did not hear from them (but the interviews were positive according to what I was told in person), I had interviewed with several people of the executive team (including current CEO), I was asked to come in ONCE more and talk AGAIN with someone I had already interviewed, indicating that the “decision would be made shortly thereafter”. I went back in person for a 2 minutes talk!!! Hehehehe! After that, weeks went by and they would not progress to the job offer but then each time I called to follow-up (around every 2 weeks) they said they would call me back, but never did. Mixed messages: was told they wanted to make me a job offer, but then they would not follow up with me neither would move to the next step?

I felt like I was dealing with kids who were playing a joke on me. This people almost drove me crazy; they made me waste time and effort, kept me waiting, asking me to "be patient", kept me going to 1:1 interviews, several times (5 times in total during an interval of nearly 4 months), asked me to prepare work samples which I did and they said it was “impressive”, but then would just keep me in suspense about the job offer.

HR would tell me that the hiring executive had to give the instruction to create the job offer and then, when I called the executive manager she would direct me to HR saying HR had to follow the internal procedures in order to issue a job offer!!!!! That was the most inconsiderate, disrespectful of human feelings and unprofessional hiring process I have ever seen. I slowed my job search and even had delayed a trip (that I HAD to make) overseas because I was told job offer was coming and I would have to report to work within reasonable time!

Last time I talked with one lady in HR, she still said they were interested in my application but did not know when they would make a job offer!! Are you kidding me? AFTER almost 4 MONTHS they still did not know when!!!!! Isn’t that crazy? That is when I simply emailed them and opted out (I moved on to something else and I lost interest anyway).

It is obvious this part of their system is in complete turmoil (“Charity” part of it, main offices in Good Samaritan, Suffern, NY , I don’t know about the rest..), they have been changing executive leadership constantly, you look at the team that was there last year or 2 years or 3 years ago and it is completely different people every year! Functional areas leadership (such as HR, CEO, COO, Finance, etc.) keep changing, there is no consistency and there must be a reason!

If they don’t worry about the impression they give to the people that have “impressed” them during a hiring process, what would it be once you are an employee???? It reflects a very unorganized and unstructured organization. I don’t want to know nothing about them or their services…. Will not even waste time to file a complaint for all the illegal questions I was asked during the job interviews. So unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Do not waste your time applying here, they will put you through a horrible experience.

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bon Secours Health in July 2010.

Interview process is handled by a peer review process

Interview Questions
    • What is the most stressful situation that you have found yourself in?   Answer Question
    negotiation was fair