Bon Secours Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Unit Clerk Interview

Unit Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bon Secours Health.

Interview Details – Interview process was fine. Just what to be expected. The whole experience was great. I loved my time working there and would go back at anytime if living back in South Carolina.

Interview Question – Cannot think of any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No problems.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Business Development Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bon Secours Health.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews

Interview Question – None if you do your homework   Answer Question

Registered Nurse/Telemetry Floor Interview

Registered Nurse/Telemetry Floor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bon Secours Health in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to Bon Secours Maryview in November 2013 and received a phone call in the beginning of January to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and waited about 10-15 minutes for the interview to actually start. They asked the basic interview questions... Tell me about yourself, what would your last employer say about you, why do you want to work on the Telemetry floor, etc. They told me a lot about the company and what the company had to offer. At the end they asked a scenario question and they also asked if I had any questions to ask them. They took me on a tour on the unit after the interview. Before I left, they offered me to come in to see if I would like to shadow just to see if I'm interested in working on the unit. I called 2 days later to schedule to come in to shadow. They told me in order for me to come into shadow I had to shadow for 12 hours. I was there for 13 hours! I sent a Thank you card for the interview and I told them after shadowing the unit, I was interested in working on the Telemetry floor. After all of this... I didn't get the job. :-( I thought the interview and shadow experience went well.

Interview Question – All the questions were straight forward and they weren't difficult. The most unexpected question would probably be the scenario question which was a priority question.   Answer Question

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Clinical Coordinator
Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bon Secours Health in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is handled by a peer review process

Interview Question – What is the most stressful situation that you have found yourself in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation was fair

EPIC Credentialed Trainer OpTime/Anesthesia Interview

EPIC Credentialed Trainer OpTime/Anesthesia

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bon Secours Health in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had a scheduled phone interview. I logged onto the conference call 5mins early for the interview. I waited 15mins and no one had logged onto the line. So while I was waiting, figured I'd email the recruiter to find out what's going on. He reported back that I should hang up the line because the interviewer had gotten pulled into a meeting and they would have to reschedule me later that afternoon. No worries, right? Wrong! Two days later I call the recruiter for the update on the rescheduled interview time. Surprisingly, he stated that they've been trying to get feedback to no avail. Well, turns out that Bon Secours did not realize they only had enough budget to hire so many individuals.

Interview Question – No question asked.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bon Secours Health in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was a contractor employed by X. Started Desktop Support and after a year or so of studying on my own, running labs in the office, and certifying I moved on to the Systems Administrator position.

Full time positions opened up and I filled one of those available. Had formal interview for my own job. Went as expected.

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room. Salary calculated using experience only for the most part. Disregarded degree.

Very Easy Interview

Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer At Good Samaritan, Suffern, NY Interview

Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer At Good Samaritan, Suffern, NY
Suffern, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bon Secours Health in October 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email after I applied online, asking me to call to set up in person interview. That was only the start of almost 4 months of wasted time. Offices looked old and messy, employees look unmotivated and are CERTAINLY not proactive at all. They just pretend they work and issues will go on for months, no one takes initiative.

The "process" is very informal and unorganized, with no follow-up whatsoever. No one cares.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I opted out of the process (if you can call that "process") after almost 4 months of following up and being told “yes we want to make you a job offer”, “we will call you next week”. First interview was in August and last one by end of October. I followed up after I did not hear from them (but the interviews were positive according to what I was told in person), I had interviewed with several people of the executive team (including current CEO), I was asked to come in ONCE more and talk AGAIN with someone I had already interviewed, indicating that the “decision would be made shortly thereafter”. I went back in person for a 2 minutes talk!!! Hehehehe! After that, weeks went by and they would not progress to the job offer but then each time I called to follow-up (around every 2 weeks) they said they would call me back, but never did. Mixed messages: was told they wanted to make me a job offer, but then they would not follow up with me neither would move to the next step?

I felt like I was dealing with kids who were playing a joke on me. This people almost drove me crazy; they made me waste time and effort, kept me waiting, asking me to "be patient", kept me going to 1:1 interviews, several times (5 times in total during an interval of nearly 4 months), asked me to prepare work samples which I did and they said it was “impressive”, but then would just keep me in suspense about the job offer.

HR would tell me that the hiring executive had to give the instruction to create the job offer and then, when I called the executive manager she would direct me to HR saying HR had to follow the internal procedures in order to issue a job offer!!!!! That was the most inconsiderate, disrespectful of human feelings and unprofessional hiring process I have ever seen. I slowed my job search and even had delayed a trip (that I HAD to make) overseas because I was told job offer was coming and I would have to report to work within reasonable time!

Last time I talked with one lady in HR, she still said they were interested in my application but did not know when they would make a job offer!! Are you kidding me? AFTER almost 4 MONTHS they still did not know when!!!!! Isn’t that crazy? That is when I simply emailed them and opted out (I moved on to something else and I lost interest anyway).

It is obvious this part of their system is in complete turmoil (“Charity” part of it, main offices in Good Samaritan, Suffern, NY , I don’t know about the rest..), they have been changing executive leadership constantly, you look at the team that was there last year or 2 years or 3 years ago and it is completely different people every year! Functional areas leadership (such as HR, CEO, COO, Finance, etc.) keep changing, there is no consistency and there must be a reason!

If they don’t worry about the impression they give to the people that have “impressed” them during a hiring process, what would it be once you are an employee???? It reflects a very unorganized and unstructured organization. I don’t want to know nothing about them or their services…. Will not even waste time to file a complaint for all the illegal questions I was asked during the job interviews. So unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Do not waste your time applying here, they will put you through a horrible experience.

Worked for Bon Secours Health? Contribute to the Community!