Bon-Ton Stores

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in July 2013.

Applied online, receive an email from another Assistant Store Manager regarding setting up an interview with the time slot they provided, selected one and went to the interview. The manager that will be the interviewer was not prepare, in fact no one told him he was interviewing today...went into his colleague office- since his office was 'messy' and the interview lasted 15 minutes. Interview ended, he liked my questions regarding the position and said he'll guarantee a second interview with the Store Manager. A few days later, had a rejection email...so much for that guarantee.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were 'hard'
    Are you a hands on person or an objective person?
    Are you able to multi-task?
    Can you give praise to your coworkers?
    Can you give criticism?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bon-Ton Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in September 2008.

Strait forward. No surprises. I was interviewd by the general manager of the store and also got to meet the regional v p. Both were pleasant and gave the same desription of the job. I was also given a tour of the store and was introduced to sales staff and even aloud to speak one on one to the people I would be over!!

Interview Questions
    • If you belong in retail you already know the questions   View Answer

Assistant Area Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in October 2011.

The hiring process was very professional. I filled out an application online and received a call the same day. I was asked to come in for a one on one interview with a dept. manager. The interview consisted of normal questions (tell me about yourself) and behavioral questions and lasted about an hour. I was called by HR the next day to set up a second interview with the store manager. The interview with the store manager was a little less than two hours long. Both interviews were very enjoyable. The managers seem very knowledgeable and passionate about their work, while also maintaining work-life balances.

Advice to interview candidates: Have examples from past life experiences (work, church, school, etc) ready for any behavioral q's. Be yourself!! The interview is not difficult as long as your prepare properly!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are your aspirations for the future?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when....1) you had to resolve a conflict, 2) you had a difficult customer situation, 3) you confronted authority, etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was fairly straight forward. HR explained the pay grades and offered a reasonable amount.