Bon-Ton Stores Executive Trainee Program Interview Questions & Reviews
- Popular Job Titles:
- Sales Associate (22)
- Assistant Buyer (4)
- Assistant Area Sales Manager (3)
- Assistant Planner (3)
- Visual Merchandising Assistant (2)
- Beauty Consultant (2)
- Loss Prevention Agent (2)
- Selling Supervisor (2)
- Executive Trainee Program (2)
- E-Commerce Merchant Coordinator (1)
- Counter Education Manager (1)
- Assistant Buyer/Planner/Inventory Planner (1)
- Clinique Beauty Advisor (1)
- Business Manager, Cosmetics (1)
- Corporate Trainee - Buyer/Planner (1)
- Planner/Buyer (1)
- Executive Training (1)
- Fine Jewelry Sales (1)
- Assistant Buyer/Assistant Planner (1)
- Material Handler (1)
- Creative (1)
- BA (1)
- Beauty Advisor (1)
- Any (1)
- Assistant Department Manager (1)
- Cash Office Associate (1)
- Cashier (1)
- Merchandise Planner (1)
- Lancome Counter Manager (1)
- Store Supervisor (1)
Executive Trainee Program Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
The process took a day - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in February 2012.
Interview Details – I applied through my university's career site. A few weeks later I received an invitation to attend an on campus interview. The night before the interview there was an information session that provided insight to the training program. The interview was an hour long and consisted of two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. They were pretty generic behavioral based questions. Over all, i felt a good connection with each interviewer. A week later i received a call from an HR recruiter who presented an offer for employment.
- Why are you interested in retail? Bon-Ton? Answer Question
- What are your strengths, opportunities for improvement? Answer Question
- Describe a time where you had to balance your time? How did you prioritize? Answer Question
- Describe a time in college that you had a disagreement in a group? How did you resolve your problem? Answer Question
Executive Trainee Program Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in October 2010.
Interview Details – I got in contact with Bon-Ton through my school's career fair. The first step is a 30 minute on campus interview with a few behavioral questions and questions about past working experiences: Ex: Describe a time when you did not work well with a group? Describe a time when you did not agree with a group's decision and what did you do? I noticed this phase did not really focus on seeing whether you have a passion for the retail industry or not (but once you get to the on-site interview this becomes a focus).
The on-site interview consists of a mixer the night before interviews. Interview day consists of a meeting with HR and a presentation from a Planner and a buyer (this is a good chance to ask in-depth questions and get a sense of how satisfied they are about their jobs). There are 3 1:1 interviews back to back (keep your energy up) that ask behavioral questions, past work experience scenarios, and a few misc. questions (Ex: What is one thing that you regret you didn't do in college). While these may be "easy" questions, I suggest you answer questions ofcourse, honestly, but also strategically, fitting the profile of the job you want.
People are generally nice, a good mix of young and older, and employees stress that there is not a lot of politics.
Interview Question – Unexpected question: What is one thing you regret you did not do in college Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bon-Ton Stores