Bon-Ton Stores Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newburgh, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in April 2010.

Tough questions requiring 2 phone interviews before in person one. I also had to complete a personality and skills survey. Everything took between 5-7 days. It was a very detailed and serious interviewing to then be offered so little in pay. I expected more since I gave so much to process.

Interview Questions
    • Trick customer's satisfaction questions that could have 2 answers.   View Answer
    I had one offer of pay. Take or leave it option no negotiation. Pay was low wish I asked for more.

Sales Associate Interview

Sorting employer and employee interests and background. Covering employer expectations and procedures along with a tour and introduction to employees not occupied with customers. Very welcoming process.
    My concerns and/or questions were covered as well as availability to the training and working schedule. Dates and times were set , hands were shaken and smiles exchanged.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whitehall, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in August 2010.

Dress nice casual. You meet with Hr and she is very straight forward. Do not B.S because she can read you very well. Might meet with department manager right after.

Interview Questions
    • None. very straight forward. Know the job your applying for and be truthful. Always multiple entry level jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottumwa, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in September 2013.

I was hired after a short interview. The position was seasonal temporary. I was hired after a short interview. The position was seasonal temporary. I was hired after a short interview. The position was seasonal temporary. I was hired after a short interview. The position was seasonal temporary.

I was offered a wage, she said she might be able to get me a higher rate due to my experience. she was not successful.

Visual Merchandising Assistant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

I was already employed with the company as a sales associate so the interview was pretty laid back. I first interviewed with our store manager and then went on to interview with the regional visual manager. She just asked basic questions about why I think I'd be a good fit, experience and education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in May 2014.

Applied online, and received an email to come in for an interview.

Questions:
    Tell me about yourself.
    Why do you want to work for us?
    Tell me about a time you had to work as a team.
    What do you think you will be doing as a sales associate?
    What department would you like to work in?

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you will be doing as a sales associate?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in November 2013.

Need approval from your store manager, apply online. There is a phone interview from the corp recruiter. Then an interview with the store manager and HR manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in November 2013.

The two managers interviewed me were great.

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel the questions were difficult. I felt very comfortable throughout the process.   Answer Question
    They just offered $8.00 and I Accepted.

Assistant Planner Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Two rounds of on-campus interviews. Pretty casual ... about 45 minutes with each. I interviewed with one Buyer and one HR rep. Didn't really know a whole lot about the company, and that seemed to be okay. They do appear to be looking for people that are excited to be interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you dealt with an upset customer.   Answer Question
    At least for an entry-level, straight from college position - they aren't open to negotiating. Take it or leave it!

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

First interview consisted of personality test questions. Second interview consisted of questions about me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here?
      How would you handle multiple customers in line?
      What makes a friendly employee?
        Answer Question

Worked for Bon-Ton Stores? Contribute to the Community!