Bon-Ton Stores

Getting the Interview

61 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – First interview consisted of personality test questions. Second interview consisted of questions about me.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.
Why do you want to work here?
How would you handle multiple customers in line?
What makes a friendly employee?
  Answer Question

Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – Very easy interviewing process. Standard questions.

Interview Question – Make sure you know at least a little bit about some of the products you will be selling. I was asked what my favorite Clinique products were and why.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Assistant Interview

West Seneca, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very through interview with HR & Store Mgr.,up front, professional, personable,quick decision makers.Didn't get job but loved the process & the store.

Interview Question – What can you offer me that no other canidates can?   View Answer

Assistant Planner Interview

Interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores

Interview Details – Two 30 min in person interviews with upper management.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Clinique Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – This was my first interview in over 10 years--certainly I was out of practice, and out of date, but I sure found it grueling. Despite having done my homework here on Glassdoor and on other sites before the interview, I felt I did not connect with my interviewer, who by the way was my same gender and age. I felt the interviewer was condescending and not the least encouraging. I have not heard back, but it has only been 3 business days. I am more than qualified for the position, so if I don't hear back I will assume my gut-level reaction to the interview--that I blew it--will be correct.

Interview Question – As I said, I did my homework--which I highly recommend to any applicant--so none of the questions themselves were difficult or unexpected. Perhaps I was just overly sensitive and need, next time, to be prepared for the fact that not all interviewers are going to immediately like me or go out of their way to be reassuring. I had forgotten the cut-throat part. So my advice is be prepared and go in with tough skin! Good luck!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – I wanted seasonal work. I applied to numerous places. I applied to Bon-Ton online, and minutes after submitting my resume online I received a phone call for an interview. I was incredibly surprised at the eagerness to hire.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were basic behavioral questions. It's important to know how to deal with angry/frustrated people.   View Answer
  • Why Bon-Ton?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was attempted. I accepted the wage offered.

Executive Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in November 2010.

Interview Details – College Recuitment
Interview with Buyers on sight at campus
Interview sessions with buyers, planners, DMM, DVP at Corporate

Counter Education Manager Interview

Counter Education Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details – series of assessments , followed by an in person interviews

Interview Question – Assessments are basic behavioral questions. In person are basic interview questions ex: what are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Selling Supervisor Interview

Selling Supervisor
Massena, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in April 2011.

Interview Details – Standard online app followed by routine interview.

Negotiation Details – Ask for more money as you will always be short staffed.

Very Easy Interview

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Quakertown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and answered a variety of behavioral questions. Specified part time only. Met with HR manager and store manager. Questions were easy to answer. Anyone with experience can find out the answer they are looking for.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly rate and small commission.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bon-Ton Stores

Worked for Bon-Ton Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bon-Ton Stores interview questions and advice. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bon-Ton Stores employees and interview candidates.