Bon-Ton Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Lockport, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Set up interview online as well. Went to interview and got hired on the spot. A couple days later, I started training. It was a pretty easy interview and it was only with the hiring manager. Looked at your resume while talking to you in office. Worked in the mens and home department. Great people and love the customers.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

3 Step interviews - HR one on one -more general questions at university and get to know each other and explain career paths. Once its selected, a group of students go to corporate office for interview with Buyers, once selected, then interview with SVP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. Clearly stated starting salary.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

3 interviews. First with recruiter- relatively easy. Lasted about 30 minutes 2nd with store manager and 3rd with regional manager. Simple. Each step was explained by the person who I was being interviewed by. Store manager went into more detail of requirements of position, this was the longest- about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cosmetic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Selinsgrove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Selinsgrove, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was professional but not very difficult. The lady who interviewed me was very old and not necessarily intimidating so I felt very much in charge for the majority of it. The questions focused entirely around previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you and a fellow employee disagreed on something and tell me how you got them to see your side   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (York, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. One with the recruiter from Bonton, and the second with the Elizabeth Arden Account Executive. Both were fairly easy, during my second interview I had to do her make up. After the interview maybe 2 hours went by and they called and offered me the job, and by the end of the day all the forms I needed to fill out were emailed to me and a link. The link took me to a welcome video and all my forms like direct deposit and w4s.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other applicants.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation they offered me above what they start at because the wanted me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Sterling, IL).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from them within a week. The interview was pretty formal. They had several sheets of papers with questions they had to ask me. A lot of it was repetitive, basic questions. Overall it was relaxed though. They told me they had a few other people to interview for the position and that I would be notified by the end of the week if I got the job. I ended up getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Situations where you specifically have had to help a customer, what did you do, what was the outcome. A lot of questions like that.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

I was referred to the manager by a friend. I came in and spoke to the hiring manager gave her my resume and had an interview that same day. The interview process was simple. She asked basic interview questions. The interview process was a total of 30 minutes. She was nice and approachable.

ESTEE LAUDER Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Wyomissing, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was very scattered and chaotic. Not sure what direction it was going but at the end I was hired with what felt like no confidence. Later on during the job I realized I was thrown to a pack of wolves and had to legitimate training.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work holidays?   1 Answer

Merchant Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

Exactly what I expected! Talked about my experience on my resume and they asked a lot of questions regarding teams and group work. Be sure to ask them several questions at the end of the interview. Also make sure to follow up with an e-mail or hand written letter, it keeps you in their memory and leaves a lasting impression.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you failed and were persistent about something.   Answer Question

Buying/Planning Interview

Interview

2 back to back interviews, and an on-site visit after an offer is extended, and then about to weeks to decide if you are going to accept. HR and Recruiting is very nice and flexible