Bon-Ton Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.3

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

3 interviews. First with recruiter- relatively easy. Lasted about 30 minutes 2nd with store manager and 3rd with regional manager. Simple. Each step was explained by the person who I was being interviewed by. Store manager went into more detail of requirements of position, this was the longest- about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Sterling, IL).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from them within a week. The interview was pretty formal. They had several sheets of papers with questions they had to ask me. A lot of it was repetitive, basic questions. Overall it was relaxed though. They told me they had a few other people to interview for the position and that I would be notified by the end of the week if I got the job. I ended up getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Situations where you specifically have had to help a customer, what did you do, what was the outcome. A lot of questions like that.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

I was referred to the manager by a friend. I came in and spoke to the hiring manager gave her my resume and had an interview that same day. The interview process was simple. She asked basic interview questions. The interview process was a total of 30 minutes. She was nice and approachable.

ESTEE LAUDER Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Wyomissing, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was very scattered and chaotic. Not sure what direction it was going but at the end I was hired with what felt like no confidence. Later on during the job I realized I was thrown to a pack of wolves and had to legitimate training.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work holidays?   1 Answer

Merchant Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

Exactly what I expected! Talked about my experience on my resume and they asked a lot of questions regarding teams and group work. Be sure to ask them several questions at the end of the interview. Also make sure to follow up with an e-mail or hand written letter, it keeps you in their memory and leaves a lasting impression.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you failed and were persistent about something.   Answer Question

Buying/Planning Interview

Interview

2 back to back interviews, and an on-site visit after an offer is extended, and then about to weeks to decide if you are going to accept. HR and Recruiting is very nice and flexible

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

There was only one interview and it was fairly simple. They told me I had the job by the end of the day. I simply showed pieces from my portfolio and explained my experience.

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online and then was called for an interview, I went in for an interview, was interviewed by assistant manager then store manager. Also had a phone interview with the brand of cosmetics district manager. Just be positive about your abilities, dress nicely, and be sure your makeup looks good

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to make many customer calls to try to sell products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for 12.00 She said couldn't go higher than 10.00 but that commission at 3% would take my take home pay to an average of 11.50

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

Pretty straightforward interview with basic questions. The process only took a couple of weeks, and met the manager for only one interview before I was offered the job. They sell the job as being able to make a lot of money. However, you really only make decent money during certain times of the year and special sales events. Otherwise you really have to be familiar with sales tactics or just be plain lucky to make a decent paycheck.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you have an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation straight 9%.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later. The interview was pretty standard for a sales associate job and the offer was made right after the interview. I was offered above minimum wage for the position.