Bon-Ton Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Planner Interview

Assistant Planner

Interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores

Interview Details – Two 30 min in person interviews with upper management.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Clinique Beauty Advisor Interview

Clinique Beauty Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – This was my first interview in over 10 years--certainly I was out of practice, and out of date, but I sure found it grueling. Despite having done my homework here on Glassdoor and on other sites before the interview, I felt I did not connect with my interviewer, who by the way was my same gender and age. I felt the interviewer was condescending and not the least encouraging. I have not heard back, but it has only been 3 business days. I am more than qualified for the position, so if I don't hear back I will assume my gut-level reaction to the interview--that I blew it--will be correct.

Interview Question – As I said, I did my homework--which I highly recommend to any applicant--so none of the questions themselves were difficult or unexpected. Perhaps I was just overly sensitive and need, next time, to be prepared for the fact that not all interviewers are going to immediately like me or go out of their way to be reassuring. I had forgotten the cut-throat part. So my advice is be prepared and go in with tough skin! Good luck!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – I wanted seasonal work. I applied to numerous places. I applied to Bon-Ton online, and minutes after submitting my resume online I received a phone call for an interview. I was incredibly surprised at the eagerness to hire.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were basic behavioral questions. It's important to know how to deal with angry/frustrated people.   View Answer
  • Why Bon-Ton?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was attempted. I accepted the wage offered.

Executive Trainee Interview

Executive Trainee

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in November 2010.

Interview Details – College Recuitment
Interview with Buyers on sight at campus
Interview sessions with buyers, planners, DMM, DVP at Corporate

Counter Education Manager Interview

Counter Education Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details – series of assessments , followed by an in person interviews

Interview Question – Assessments are basic behavioral questions. In person are basic interview questions ex: what are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Selling Supervisor Interview

Selling Supervisor
Massena, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in April 2011.

Interview Details – Standard online app followed by routine interview.

Negotiation Details – Ask for more money as you will always be short staffed.

Very Easy Interview

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Fine Jewelry Sales Associate
Quakertown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and answered a variety of behavioral questions. Specified part time only. Met with HR manager and store manager. Questions were easy to answer. Anyone with experience can find out the answer they are looking for.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly rate and small commission.

Beauty Consultant Interview

Beauty Consultant
Watertown, SD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – Filled out application online received a call for a interview. I was then interviewed and hired for fragrance at first then moved to Clinique counter.

Interview Question – How much you want to make?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You really cant negotiate starting wage.

Corporate Trainee - Buyer/Planner Interview

Corporate Trainee - Buyer/Planner

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – Invited to Pre-interview mixer with current employees at corporate, gives inside look into what to expect for the interview and what to expect on the job. Interview conducted day after on campus with two (two 30-minute interviews, back-to-back) merchandising managers. Second interview over phone with HR a formality to check basic boxes and questions. Nothing out of the ordinary, very friendly approach.

Interview Question – Questions were very expected based on the pre-interview mixer, day before.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Phillipsburg, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very friendly and easygoing. She was easy to talk to and made me laugh which helped since I was very nervous at first. She simply asked me about myself and why I wanted to work there and then basic "what-did/would-you-do-if" questions. It was very clear about halfway through that she would offer me the job.

Interview Question – All of the questions were what I expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No chance for negotiation, however, the starting salary is 8 dollars an hour, 75 cents over minimum wage for NJ, so I was happy.