Bon-Ton Stores

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ottumwa, IA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired after a short interview. The position was seasonal temporary. I was hired after a short interview. The position was seasonal temporary. I was hired after a short interview. The position was seasonal temporary. I was hired after a short interview. The position was seasonal temporary.

Negotiation Details – I was offered a wage, she said she might be able to get me a higher rate due to my experience. she was not successful.

Roseville, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and received an email to come in for an interview.

Questions:
Tell me about yourself.
Why do you want to work for us?
Tell me about a time you had to work as a team.
What do you think you will be doing as a sales associate?
What department would you like to work in?

Interview Question – What do you think you will be doing as a sales associate?   View Answer

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – The two managers interviewed me were great.

Interview Question – I did not feel the questions were difficult. I felt very comfortable throughout the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just offered $8.00 and I Accepted.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – First interview consisted of personality test questions. Second interview consisted of questions about me.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.
Why do you want to work here?
How would you handle multiple customers in line?
What makes a friendly employee?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview Details – I wanted seasonal work. I applied to numerous places. I applied to Bon-Ton online, and minutes after submitting my resume online I received a phone call for an interview. I was incredibly surprised at the eagerness to hire.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were basic behavioral questions. It's important to know how to deal with angry/frustrated people.   View Answer
  • Why Bon-Ton?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was attempted. I accepted the wage offered.

Aberdeen, SD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call the next day it was like they were desperate to get someone

Interview Question – Name a time when you failed?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hanover, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was 5 minutes long and very easy

Negotiation Details – They give no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Roseville, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details – One on one interview pretty fast

Interview Question – why do you ant to work at Herbergers (because I need a job)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes I want the job

Johnstown, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was terrible- I ended up doing three interviews spanning a month. Vacations and time off made the process drawn-out.

Interview Question – Is a manhole cover round because the hole is round?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was allowed.

Janesville, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in September 2011.

Interview Details – Met with HR manager for first interview, second interview with department supervisor. Was offered a sales associate position. Training took place another day, and received a schedule of hours that same day. First night on the sales floor I was left alone for a majority of the night. Not the best training program at this place.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation in which your manager over ruled your decision with a customer and gave them what they wanted?   View Answer

Worked for Bon-Ton Stores? Contribute to the Community!