Bond No 9

Very Easy Interview

Product Development Interview

Product Development
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bond No 9 in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had to submit a hand written cover letter along with a typed resume. Was called the next day for a SKYPE interview - Red Flag #1. I was "interviewed" for approximately 3 minutes by a screener. As this person would have limited interaction with the open position. I guess this was a quick way to assess if you fit the "look" they are going for.

Interview Question – Total waste of 3 minutes of my time. I was asked about my proficiency in Excel.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pefumista Interview

Pefumista

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bond No 9.

Interview Details – I had to write a handwritten note for a handwriting analysis

Interview Question – No questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Fragrance Development Manager Interview

Fragrance Development Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bond No 9 in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was ridiculous. I took a vacation day to take this interview at their store front operation. Ever walk into a room and just KNOW there are cameras on you? Well that was the feel of this place. the owner's assistant was informed that I had arrived (about 1/2 early) and she presented me with a 10 page application that had to completed entirely in "cursive script," no printing allowed. It took me almost 40 minutes to complete. If someone leaves work early without permission do you consider that stealing from the company, ditto use of office suplies for personal business, what are you most proud of, what are you most ashamed of, and on and on. It was like a questionnaire you fill in for a psych test. When I was done, the assistant came and said she'd give it to the owner and come back for me. In the time it took me to use the ladies room, the assistant was back and said the owner had an emergency at the Elements industry show and she had left the building and they would reschedule.

After making a pest of myself i was finally told they had decided to go in a different direction. This was last Septemeber and the job continues to pop up on job searches.

I have no clue but my gut tells me I didn't fit theprofile (age, height, weight, dress) of who they were looking for when viewed on the cameras.

Interview Question – If someone leaves work early without permission do you consider that stealing from the company,   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

E-Commerce Manager Interview

E-Commerce Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bond No 9 in January 2011.

Interview Details – I would never have worked for this company. I left my current job early to attend an interview; however I was never even met by anyone. Instead, after waiting for a half hour they escorted me downstairs to the basement of the store (aka headquarters) where I sat next to 3 other applicants as we were asked to fill out an application (it had to be at least 20 pages back and front). We had to fill out the form in cursive (no printing), and answer personal questions like "how much is our monthly rent or mortgage payment", "do you have any dependents", "Are you in debt, or have you ever been indebted". Those were just the personal questions. There were other questions which just came across as hostile - "do you think being late for work under any circumstances is acceptable". I pity the company employee who's train breaks down one morning.

I was so insulted that they felt entitled to ask such personal questions I was tempted to throw the application back at them and storm out. By far the most unprofessional company I have ever met with.

Interview Questions

• "how much is our monthly rent or mortgage payment",   View Answer
  • "Are you in debt, or have you ever been indebted".   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bond No 9 in September 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed, was not hired. About a month later, I was called and asked if I was still interested.The first person walked out. I said yes and started. Everyone I worked with intimated that the supervisor would make my life miserable. Sure enough, he did.

Interview Question – do you have good handwriting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bond No 9? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bond No 9 interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bond No 9 employees and interview candidates.