Bond No 9

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.9

Product Development Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bond No 9.

I applied online (on linkedin) for the position of Product Development Coordinator. Within the next few days I was asked for a cover letter. The following day I received an email to arrange a Skype interview, which took place a couple of days later. While talking on Skype, I was asked about my experience and what brought me to Bond No. 9. The Skype session was pretty short. A week later I was called for an appointment at the Bond No. 9 corporate offices, where I filled out an application and met with the Product Development Director. Within the next few days, I was called in again for a second appointment and met with the President, who offered me the position. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • During the Skype interview I was basically asked about my experience in excel and a summation of my previous work experience. Then, I met with the Product Development Director and the following week the President, who both reiterated what the coordinator asked me as well as the questions that were asked on the application.   Answer Question

Interview Process Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bond No 9.

1st stage- The screener who is often the PR person will contact you for an interview. You must submit a handwritten cover letter to be considered.
    2nd stage- You will be asked to interview via skype, which is contradictory because they ask you to do something as archaic as a handwritten cover letter yet advance as interviewing via skype.
    Now, if you don't look a certain way then they will not ask you to come in for a face to face or if you go in for a face to face and they don't like you then you won't even get to talk to them. How do they check you out? Well, you will be asked to fill out an abnormal application form. Some of the questions are: (keep in mind that these are not the exact words)
    - Do you believe if you leave early you are stealing from the company in terms of time?
    - If you see another employee steal would you report it?
    - What are your disappointments?

This company had a lawsuit in regards to racism which I'm not surprised because you are not judged my skills but the way you look. Yet, when you see half of these people they are not very high fashion or polished.

If you make it to the dusty basement, where they work, you can hear Laurice yell and complain about "crazy customers."

This is not an ideal place to work. Sure, the name may be attractive but there's a lack of organization and you can see it by the way they keep the work space.

The whole interview process is just a joke. No other company in this city manages like this. Just by that alone I would not want to be a customer and they need loyal customers to keep their business running.

Bond No 9 Response

Aug 11, 2014Office Administrator

This must be an error, Ms. Rahme's office is at 42 Bond Street.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bond No 9 in June 2014.

Had to submit a hand written cover letter along with a typed resume. Was called the next day for a SKYPE interview - Red Flag #1. I was "interviewed" for approximately 3 minutes by a screener. As this person would have limited interaction with the open position. I guess this was a quick way to assess if you fit the "look" they are going for.

Interview Questions
    • Total waste of 3 minutes of my time. I was asked about my proficiency in Excel.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bond No 9 in June 2014.

They base it on your looks first, If you pass then they call you in to interview. You have to fill out a booklet of application it seems.

Read reviews on glassdoor not interested to work in that kind of environment

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bond No 9 in May 2014.

The process in which to apply for a job at Bond No 9 was pretty quick and easy to do. I just applied online and a Bond No 9 representative asked me to come in for an appointment. Because the meeting was held in Bond No 9's office, I was able to see what the working environment was like. I first met with someone who asked me for my reusme and handed me lengthly application to fill out. It was a little intimidating that I was in the same room as the founder of Bond No 9. Laurice Rahme, but once I met with her, she was very sweet. We discussed the job description and what it entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions on the application really made me think, but the interview was very conversational.   Answer Question

Public Relations/Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bond No 9 in May 2013.

I applied for this position online by sending my resume and cover letter. A couple of days later I received a call about making an appointment for an interview. I set up the interview a week later and was informed to go to the Bond No 9 office. I met with the person that was soon to be going to be my supervisor and we reviewed my resume together. She asked me about my skill sets, my experiences, and what made me interested in interviewing for Bond No 9. After my interview with her, she asked me to follow her to meet the founder of the company. I met with the founder and she reviewed my resume and asked me more questions about myself and my work ethics.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received from that interview was what my weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Pefumista Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bond No 9.

I had to write a handwritten note for a handwriting analysis

Fragrance Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bond No 9 in September 2011.

It was ridiculous. I took a vacation day to take this interview at their store front operation. Ever walk into a room and just KNOW there are cameras on you? Well that was the feel of this place. the owner's assistant was informed that I had arrived (about 1/2 early) and she presented me with a 10 page application that had to completed entirely in "cursive script," no printing allowed. It took me almost 40 minutes to complete. If someone leaves work early without permission do you consider that stealing from the company, ditto use of office suplies for personal business, what are you most proud of, what are you most ashamed of, and on and on. It was like a questionnaire you fill in for a psych test. When I was done, the assistant came and said she'd give it to the owner and come back for me. In the time it took me to use the ladies room, the assistant was back and said the owner had an emergency at the Elements industry show and she had left the building and they would reschedule.

After making a pest of myself i was finally told they had decided to go in a different direction. This was last Septemeber and the job continues to pop up on job searches.

I have no clue but my gut tells me I didn't fit theprofile (age, height, weight, dress) of who they were looking for when viewed on the cameras.

Interview Questions
    • If someone leaves work early without permission do you consider that stealing from the company,   View Answer

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bond No 9 in January 2011.

I would never have worked for this company. I left my current job early to attend an interview; however I was never even met by anyone. Instead, after waiting for a half hour they escorted me downstairs to the basement of the store (aka headquarters) where I sat next to 3 other applicants as we were asked to fill out an application (it had to be at least 20 pages back and front). We had to fill out the form in cursive (no printing), and answer personal questions like "how much is our monthly rent or mortgage payment", "do you have any dependents", "Are you in debt, or have you ever been indebted". Those were just the personal questions. There were other questions which just came across as hostile - "do you think being late for work under any circumstances is acceptable". I pity the company employee who's train breaks down one morning.

I was so insulted that they felt entitled to ask such personal questions I was tempted to throw the application back at them and storm out. By far the most unprofessional company I have ever met with.

Interview Questions
    • "how much is our monthly rent or mortgage payment",   View Answer
    • "Are you in debt, or have you ever been indebted".   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bond No 9 in September 2010.

I interviewed, was not hired. About a month later, I was called and asked if I was still interested.The first person walked out. I said yes and started. Everyone I worked with intimated that the supervisor would make my life miserable. Sure enough, he did.

none