Bonefish Grill Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bonefish Grill (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

filled out an application, got called in for an interview with the store manager, filled out a test that asked basic math questions and what wines I knew. Filled out hire paperwork and started 3 days of training before I started on my own.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bonefish Grill.

Interview

Electronic application and resume submission/ phone interview/ 300 question personality profile/ intelligence test/ several JVP and MP (regional and local management) interviews. Could take up to 2-3 months depending on region and availability of interviewers. Should be willing to travel for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to present a less than favorable idea to a group. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- set pay rates. some flexibility in bonus structures for experience.

Server Interview

Interview

Apply between 1-3 PM; applications don't leave the store, so be ready to stick around awhile. If they are hiring, and if you have the experience/qualifications, they may further interview you on the spot. Dress up some - it's the service industry, but set yourself apart for goodness sake.

Interview Questions

• Typical service-industry related stuff - how to handle different situations. If you're experienced, these are a breeze. If not, find a friend who's in the industry and ask about best practices. You don't want to look like a dummy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bonefish Grill (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Very straightforward behavioral type questions. They are looking for commitment to their culture and food. Wine knowledge is a plus! Very committed to providing "guests" (not clients or customers) the best experience possible.

1-week training with several menu and drink menu tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating wage.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Yonkers, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

They called me to come in. I sat and spoke with manager about my work ethics and expectations. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant is very clean and comfortable. Lights are dim and food is good.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure the environment is professional and friendly. Most importantly under good management and organized.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Manor, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bonefish Grill (Lexington Manor, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a very brief interview. I was asked typical interview questions like what my strengths and weakness are and a few more questions about what I disliked and liked about working in a restaurant since I had prior experience. Overall, it was a very easy interview. Managed said I would fit in well and put me through to a second interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite part of the job?   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bonefish Grill (Ormond Beach, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and called for interview about a week later. A lot of questions about how you work with others, I guess I'm too honest I mention I don't like working with "work release" aka people fresh out of prison, mgr like lots of people in the area was a transplant from up north who differ ideologically from us native Floridians and let it be known regarding my opinion on working with work release, which told me all I need to know about working at bonefish grill, at least this location...said they would call, wasn't expecting it and never received it...

Waitress Interview

Interview

During my interview process, it was evident that they wanted someone who had great communication skills, was detail oriented, and had an overall positive outlook/energy. I was happy that I could deliver in all of the above, but moreover, I was glad that they valued having waiters who would improve the experience for the customer.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have a lot of experience before working at Bonefish, so I was apprehensive about letting them know that I still needed to have some more practice before excelling, but they were encouraging and assured me that they would prepare me very well before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a very agreeable circumstance. No negotiation was necessary.

Manager Interview

Interview

Took 3weeks had to do a 400 question test online

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bonefish Grill (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online after a friend who works there recommended i do it. I received a call to schedule an interview 2 weeks later. The interview was pretty standard. 2 weeks after the interview, I had yet to hear anything about the job so I sent my interviewer an email asking about the position. I am extremely disappointed with the communication, or lack thereof. It has now been 4 weeks and I have yet to hear anything.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you experienced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question