Bonefish Grill Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bonefish Grill.

Very straightforward behavioral type questions. They are looking for commitment to their culture and food. Wine knowledge is a plus! Very committed to providing "guests" (not clients or customers) the best experience possible.

1-week training with several menu and drink menu tests.

No negotiating wage.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bonefish Grill in February 2014.

Applied online and called for interview about a week later. A lot of questions about how you work with others, I guess I'm too honest I mention I don't like working with "work release" aka people fresh out of prison, mgr like lots of people in the area was a transplant from up north who differ ideologically from us native Floridians and let it be known regarding my opinion on working with work release, which told me all I need to know about working at bonefish grill, at least this location...said they would call, wasn't expecting it and never received it...

Waitress Interview

During my interview process, it was evident that they wanted someone who had great communication skills, was detail oriented, and had an overall positive outlook/energy. I was happy that I could deliver in all of the above, but moreover, I was glad that they valued having waiters who would improve the experience for the customer.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have a lot of experience before working at Bonefish, so I was apprehensive about letting them know that I still needed to have some more practice before excelling, but they were encouraging and assured me that they would prepare me very well before.   Answer Question
    It was a very agreeable circumstance. No negotiation was necessary.

Manager Interview

Took 3weeks had to do a 400 question test online

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bonefish Grill in January 2014.

I applied online after a friend who works there recommended i do it. I received a call to schedule an interview 2 weeks later. The interview was pretty standard. 2 weeks after the interview, I had yet to hear anything about the job so I sent my interviewer an email asking about the position. I am extremely disappointed with the communication, or lack thereof. It has now been 4 weeks and I have yet to hear anything.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you experienced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bonefish Grill.

Applied online after seeing the job on a website. Filled a questionnaire and was called for a phone interview. After that I waited about 1 month and they call me back to schedule 1:1 interview with the JVP. Interview was very straight forward with very good questions. Met with the JVP for a second interview and was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Thoughest situation you encounter as a manager and how you handle it?   View Answer
    Super easy, negotiated salary twice and accepted. Started trainig 1 week after accepting job ofer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bonefish Grill in December 2013.

Went in for two interviews with the assistant manager followed by the general manager/partner. They asked about my previous experience serving, strengths and weaknesses regarding my personality and work habits. They then explained Bonefish's business model and asked how I saw myself adding to the team. We talked about Bonefish's history and reputation, I told them a little about myself and non-work related activities.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you have ever had to do on the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bonefish Grill.

Pretty standard restaurant interview with a basic multiple choice personality test

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Bonefish Grill in October 2013.

They ask you a series of typical interview questions such as have you been to this restaurant before? Name a time you played a leadership role, what are your strength and weaknesses?, etc. Look up their wine list and menu before going in so you have that to rely on if they ask you questions about their menu. Also, try to emphasize your ability to work in a team...this place is all about teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about an issue you've had with a coworker and how you solved it.?"   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bonefish Grill in September 2013.

Applied online, stopped by in person 3 days later, got the job after quick interview and a check on my references later that day.