Bonhams Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bonhams

Front Desk/Bids Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bonhams in January 2013.

I was an internal candidate who worked part time for the company for over a year. I was recommended by several colleagues for the position. The interview was fairly basic - interest in the position/company and my comfort with client databases.

I did not get the offer initially, but after another candidate fell through I was given an offer over the phone about a month later. However, it became clear that there would be no pay raise though the responsibilities and time commitment were exponentially greater. I had to turn it down.

Interview Questions

There would be no increase in pay and no benefits - for a full time role.

Customer Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bonhams in November 2013.

I had an interview directly with the Head of the Office and another colleague. It was a very basic and short interview and they did not go in depth with my CV. First they gave me a detailed job descrption and then they asked just a couple of question. It felt like they did not really want to know me.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bonhams.

Very casual interview, started with tour of the building and departments and then a chat about my previous work experience and my aims for progression within the art world.