Bonhams Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bonhams (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very quick response time to resume and cover letter sent via craigslist. Consisted of phone interview with the supervisor and in person meeting with the supervisor and 2 other members of staff. It was a fairly relaxed environment and consisted of more of a "conversation." Although there were specific "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• Time management - this is a deadline driven environment, so you have to be good with using your time effectively.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bonhams in November 2014.

Interview

I got a call back fairly quickly from my initial application submission date via email - within a week. Interview was set-up for the following week. The interview itself was short and not many job related questions were asked. I was a bit surprised to find out how little this person knew about my related job experience. He had my resume in front of him but gave wrong information in regards to my previous experience. Still, offer to have me come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I spoke Chinese even though my language skills were listed on the resume. I hate to think that he assumed I was Chinese. Awkward!   1 Answer

Front Desk/Bids Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bonhams (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was an internal candidate who worked part time for the company for over a year. I was recommended by several colleagues for the position. The interview was fairly basic - interest in the position/company and my comfort with client databases. I did not get the offer initially, but after another candidate fell through I was given an offer over the phone about a month later. However, it became clear that there would be no pay raise though the responsibilities and time commitment were exponentially greater. I had to turn it down.

Interview Questions

There would be no increase in pay and no benefits - for a full time role.

Customer Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bonhams (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

I had an interview directly with the Head of the Office and another colleague. It was a very basic and short interview and they did not go in depth with my CV. First they gave me a detailed job descrption and then they asked just a couple of question. It felt like they did not really want to know me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bonhams (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Very casual interview, started with tour of the building and departments and then a chat about my previous work experience and my aims for progression within the art world.