Bonhams & Butterfields

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bonhams & Butterfields

Preview Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bonhams & Butterfields in November 2011.

I responded to a posting on my school's career development website and was contacted within a couple days to interview at the HQ. When I got there the receptionist guided me to my interview room and my interviewer introduced herself and we began. It took only about 15 minutes and she had me talk about my relevant experiences. She described the position a little more in-depth and hired me on the spot. I began working within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • As you've worked for our competitor, can you describe what you expect to be different or the same here?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience with working with a team.   Answer Question

Porter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bonhams & Butterfields in May 2013.

Very easy process to apply and the HR department are extremely helpful. In the interview with the management the interviewers were clearly not HR, they really make to you want to work for the company and are very shady as to giving any indication of career progression. The job description did not state the offered the salary for the position, this only became apparent at the interview stage. The salary offered was £14k to work and live in London! I'm not sure how they could ever expect their employees to happily work in London on that salary, it is a low wage compared to the UK average but for London it is frankly an insult.

If you are going for an interview at this company then go for it as I'm sure that it would be a fascinating company to work for, but be prepared for low wages and perhaps a slow career path.

Interview Questions

The wages were too low to work in London, there was no indication of career development.