Bonhams & Butterfields

Very Easy Interview

Preview Assistant Interview

Preview Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bonhams & Butterfields in November 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to a posting on my school's career development website and was contacted within a couple days to interview at the HQ. When I got there the receptionist guided me to my interview room and my interviewer introduced herself and we began. It took only about 15 minutes and she had me talk about my relevant experiences. She described the position a little more in-depth and hired me on the spot. I began working within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• As you've worked for our competitor, can you describe what you expect to be different or the same here?   Answer Question
  • Describe your experience with working with a team.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Porter Interview

Porter
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bonhams & Butterfields in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy process to apply and the HR department are extremely helpful. In the interview with the management the interviewers were clearly not HR, they really make to you want to work for the company and are very shady as to giving any indication of career progression. The job description did not state the offered the salary for the position, this only became apparent at the interview stage. The salary offered was £14k to work and live in London! I'm not sure how they could ever expect their employees to happily work in London on that salary, it is a low wage compared to the UK average but for London it is frankly an insult.

If you are going for an interview at this company then go for it as I'm sure that it would be a fascinating company to work for, but be prepared for low wages and perhaps a slow career path.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Bonhams.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The wages were too low to work in London, there was no indication of career development.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bonhams & Butterfields? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bonhams & Butterfields interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Bonhams & Butterfields employees and interview candidates.