Bonnier Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Email Marketing Specialist
Winter Park, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews in one day. They look for a good team fit as well as experience.

Interview Question – They will ask specifics about your niche knowledge. Best practices and current coding capabilities.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much to negotiate. I asked for more money and they said they couldn't.

PHP Developer Interview

PHP Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation.

Interview Details – I was submitted for the position thru a recruiter. I took a PHP test and then went on to an interview with the Dev Manager.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult. It was as much about finding a good fit for the team as technical prowess.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was done via the recruiter.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Bonnier Corporation

Interview Details – 3 in person interviews

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was given a project and it was never acknowledged that I worked hard to complete it and submit it. I followed up with a call the next week and it was clear my call was considered an annoyance, as the hiring manager said there was no time to speak to me. That was the end of the interviewing process. I never spoke with HR.

Interview Question – There were general and expected questions, the process was also more conversational.   Answer Question

Advertising/Sales Assistant Interview

Advertising/Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – I met with Ad Manager and she asked me some questions about my resume such as What skills, strengths, and weaknesses that I possess. She then explained the position and let me meet with a Account Manager who asked me more simliar questions. She asked me to give a summary about my resume. Then I had to take a typing test.

Photo Editor Interview

Photo Editor
Winter Park, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation in March 2009.

Interview Details – My contact was very communicative though it took half a year for the position to become fully available. Once they were serious about hiring for the position, I was invited to Winter Park for a full-day interview. I was contacted and basically given a 7-day advance. They paid for travel including air, car and hotel. It was an organized day in which I was scheduled to meet with various people from 9:30 until 4:00.

Very Easy Interview

Key Account Manager Interview

Key Account Manager
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – I dont have so much to say about the company.

Interview Question – Same here I dont have anything to say.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have nothing to say here too.

Digital Content Director Interview

Digital Content Director

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial outreach and planning for the interview was great. The hiring manager was well organized and had a clear vision of what the company needed for the position. After the initial phone interview, in which I was asked about my digital savvy, achievements, etc., an in-person interview was scheduled so that I could meet with key people I would work with. The in-person interview was an all day process as I had 1hr meetings with each person and a lunch interview as well. Bonnier seems like a great place to work - everyone was friendly and open and people seemed genuinely happy and proud to be working for Bonnier. The benefits as described during the interview are better than most media companies and there seems to be a lot of opportunity for professional growth within the company. One thing that struck me, and one thing HR management pointed out was how people tend to make a career of working for Bonnier, in part because of the positive corporate culture and environment, opportunities for professional growth and of course the benefits. The work culture is relaxed but professional and there is an emphasis on maintaining a work-life balance. Advice to other interview candidates is to be confident, knowledgeable about the company, the magazines you would work with, and be prepared to offer insightful and innovative approaches.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – Just a basic phone interview based on PMP

Negotiation Details – None

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Bonnier Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was fortunate to have a word of mouth referral who also passed along my resume. I was able to meet directly with the person hiring for the position and did not have to first meet with a HR Hiring Manager. Our interview lasted about 30 minutes and was not stressful. I followed up twice but never heard back from the interviewer.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Bonnier Corporation? Contribute to the Community!