BookHolders

Updated Feb 24, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at BookHolders

Clerk/Data Entry Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BookHolders.

Interview was casual. They are interested in work you have done in the past and your schedule. They asked about your experiences with other work and what you will need to do. Also asked what you will be willing to do on a daily basis since the job requires many different tasks. There is a discussion about pay and advancement toward the end of the interview.

Independent Contractor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BookHolders.

Call and harass them so they get to you. The interview is short and they hire almost everyone as there is high turnover since the job is so bad/seasonal

Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BookHolders.

It starts off as a standard interview process.
    They call and schedule an interview.
    You go in for a first interview.
    A second interview was scheduled and then before it begins they will show/teach you how to do some employee tasks and then test you on it after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a standard list of questions most likely downloaded from the internet. Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BookHolders in March 2012.

Almost everyone who submits an applications is at least brought in for an interview. Interviews are very informal and quick, as there is a very high employee turnover rate, so the quality doesn't matter. As long as you can spell correctly and will accept less than minimum wage to work here while in college, you'll be hired on.

All interview questions relate to availability during the first week of school, because anything after that is just extra.

There is no negotiation. You sign on for your first two weeks as a contractor, so that the owners can avoid paying taxes and such. You make less than minimum wage, and any disagreement is met with termination.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BookHolders in August 2010.

I was in search of a part time job to give me additional spending money while i was at college, a friend and current employee recommended that I apply to this company. I walked in and filled out a paper application, attached a resume, and submitted it to one of the clerks. A few days later I was contacted by phone and did a quick phone interview. They scheduled an in person interview where I met with a manager and discussed a few general things, and talked about my work experiences etc. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer walks in and attempts to sell stolen books, what would you do?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BookHolders in January 2011.

application, call from manager, group interview, then a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • They may have you read about the company and their "advantage" program and then answer questions.   Answer Question