BookHolders

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Independent Contractor Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview Details – Call and harass them so they get to you. The interview is short and they hire almost everyone as there is high turnover since the job is so bad/seasonal

Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview Details – It starts off as a standard interview process.
They call and schedule an interview.
You go in for a first interview.
A second interview was scheduled and then before it begins they will show/teach you how to do some employee tasks and then test you on it after the interview.

Interview Question – They ask a standard list of questions most likely downloaded from the internet. Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clerk Interview

Towson, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at BookHolders in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was in search of a part time job to give me additional spending money while i was at college, a friend and current employee recommended that I apply to this company. I walked in and filled out a paper application, attached a resume, and submitted it to one of the clerks. A few days later I was contacted by phone and did a quick phone interview. They scheduled an in person interview where I met with a manager and discussed a few general things, and talked about my work experiences etc. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – If a customer walks in and attempts to sell stolen books, what would you do?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at BookHolders in January 2011.

Interview Details – application, call from manager, group interview, then a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – They may have you read about the company and their "advantage" program and then answer questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BookHolders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BookHolders interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by BookHolders employees and interview candidates.