Booking.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Executive Interview

Customer Service Executive
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview Details – There is an online application system on the Booking.com website. If your application is accepted, you will have a phone interview. Assuming this stage is successful, you will go to a Grand Rapids Manpower office for orientation. There is a typing test.

Assuming you pass this stage, there is an interview with an HR representative at the Booking.com office. Standard interview questions are to be expected, especially concerning your history with customer service and complaints.

Interview Question – I did not experience any unexpected questions. You should be prepared to explain how you have/would handle upset customers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Executive Interview

Customer Service Executive
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booking.com in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the career section on the booking.com website. I waited over two months before I received an email asking if I would be available for a brief phone interview. After replying with the times that I am available (I do not have a set schedule so it was a little difficult) I then received an email letting me know my recruiter was not available at that time and that she would be available sometime a week and a half later. so I requested the day off for the interview. During the phone interview, she asked pretty easy questions (why I'm leaving my current job, why I want to work with booking, what my job duties include in my current job) then told me she would like to proceed with the next step: starting a profile with the staffing company (this position is a temp to hire position) and then I would receive an email with a time to meet for a face-to-face interview. Again that interview ended up being two weeks later, but after a tour of the call center, and a laid-back interview with easy questions, I was offered the position on-the-spot.

Interview Question – All the questions were very expected and reasonably easy to answer. Two of the most difficult to answer on the fly were : What do you like the most about your current position? (I would definitely tie it into something you would be doing here, but normal interview advice) and describe a time when you could NOT satisfy a customer, and what happened (again, I said I followed company policy meticulously)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation at this stage, they have set wages for the position that they talk about during the phone interview. If you continue the process, they consider that an agreement to the wage they are offering, so keep that in mind.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through other source - interviewed at Booking.com in December 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter found me on LinkedIn, invited me to interview and really sold the company as a great place to work with lots of opportunity. What struck me was that during the office tour everyone was smiling and happy, and you don't see that much in this economy!

Interview Question – The most difficult question I experienced was how I would deal with working relationships with 3 different managers. My manager, the people at Priceline, and the team at the Booking.com headquarters in Amsterdam.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!

Booking.com Videos

Booking.com – Why Work for Us?

Booking.com B.V., part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™. Booking.com was established in 1996 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and has grown into the world’s leading online hotel and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booking.com interview questions and advice in Grand Rapids, MI. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booking.com employees and interview candidates.