Booking.com

169 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Traineeship - E-Commerce Interview

Graduate Traineeship - E-Commerce

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booking.com in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took about a week and a half. I was contacted by HR to set up a 30 minute phone interview. I did not pay attention to the time zone and accidentally scheduled the interview for 4:30am my time. The interviewer wasn't totally prepared either, as he was looking at an old resume of mine that I had used to apply for a similar position about a year prior. The interview went more smoothly after we got that straightened out. Despite being caught off-guard by the early-morning call I felt like the interview went pretty well and I was sent a technical assignment later that day. It was not really a technical assignment, but more like 8 (mostly unrelated) questions for you to answer. I thought I answered the questions really well, but got an email a few days later explaining that some of my answers lacked vision and that I would not be moving forward in the interview process. Overall, the experience was good and the interviewer was professional and friendly.

Interview Question – Something to the effect of: What is your experience managing projects or groups?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booking.com in January 2012.

Interview Details – Easy and pretty much the same questions asked by any other employer in customer service. They will hire almost anyone temporarily and give you a three month trial prior to official hire.

Negotiation Details – Hired through a temp agency for a three month trial.

Front End Developer Interview

Front End Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview Details – I applied online. A week or two later I was contacted via email by HR at Booking.com to set up a time to talk on the phone. This was a little tricky. The time difference between Amsterdam and America meant that my window was between 8-9am.

When I took HR's call, they asked about AB testing experience, general tech skills (i.e. what languages and years of experience etc.) They also questioned motivation to move to Amsterdam.

Afterwards we set up a time for a tech screen via Skype. During the tech interview they asked me to do come online coding. Nothing to tough, but there was not enough time to shine.

Asked about this keyword in JavaScript, inheritance, etc, etc.

Lots of AB testing and metrics questions.

Interview Question – Name the seven different ownership rules of the this keyword in JavaScript.   View Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager

Interviewed at Booking.com

Interview Details – Pretty basic questions. Be friendly and have knowledge of booking.com and the industry.

Interview Question – None too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. They present the compensation and they won't really budge

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview Details – There is an online application system on the Booking.com website. If your application is accepted, you will have a phone interview. Assuming this stage is successful, you will go to a Grand Rapids Manpower office for orientation. There is a typing test.

Assuming you pass this stage, there is an interview with an HR representative at the Booking.com office. Standard interview questions are to be expected, especially concerning your history with customer service and complaints.

Interview Question – I did not experience any unexpected questions. You should be prepared to explain how you have/would handle upset customers.   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booking.com in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the career section on the booking.com website. I waited over two months before I received an email asking if I would be available for a brief phone interview. After replying with the times that I am available (I do not have a set schedule so it was a little difficult) I then received an email letting me know my recruiter was not available at that time and that she would be available sometime a week and a half later. so I requested the day off for the interview. During the phone interview, she asked pretty easy questions (why I'm leaving my current job, why I want to work with booking, what my job duties include in my current job) then told me she would like to proceed with the next step: starting a profile with the staffing company (this position is a temp to hire position) and then I would receive an email with a time to meet for a face-to-face interview. Again that interview ended up being two weeks later, but after a tour of the call center, and a laid-back interview with easy questions, I was offered the position on-the-spot.

Interview Question – All the questions were very expected and reasonably easy to answer. Two of the most difficult to answer on the fly were : What do you like the most about your current position? (I would definitely tie it into something you would be doing here, but normal interview advice) and describe a time when you could NOT satisfy a customer, and what happened (again, I said I followed company policy meticulously)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation at this stage, they have set wages for the position that they talk about during the phone interview. If you continue the process, they consider that an agreement to the wage they are offering, so keep that in mind.

Junior Account Manager Interview

Junior Account Manager

Interviewed at Booking.com

Interview Details – They usually promote from within; the senior account managers will interview you; you will have an answer within a week; they won't hire based on technical skills; it's more about who will kiss their butts the most

Interview Question – Lots of scenario questions, give us an example of a time you (insert scenario here)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for Junior Account Managers

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booking.com in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, emailed next day to have telephone interview set up. Took a week for the brief telephone interview then was invited to a face-to-face interview in the office. had to pass due to unsuitable hours.

Interview Question – Nothing ususual, was asked what do I know about booking.com, talk about my last 3 positinions etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Chicago, IL

Interviewed at Booking.com

Interview Details – Very disorganized. I waited forever in a conference room and I was told, that someone would be with me very soon. Upon completion of the interview I went home to send a thank you email... The email address I was given was invalid. When I emailed my HR contact, she basically told me "tough luck."

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not the right move for me.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview Details – Process was fairly easy. Received email from recruiter instead of a call. The background check took a little long. Two interviews. Very standard. Make sure to do your homework. You will interview with most of the managers in the office. Recruiter is nice.

Interview Question – It was a very standard behavioral interview. No real hard questions if you have experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!