Booking.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.7

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

The initial phone screen was great. The second interview was a little bit trickier. I agree with everyone else that provided feedback. They are not looking for a UX designer but rather a front-end developer (which is probably why their site is so crappy). After 10 years of experience being a UX designer, if you want to be a front-end developer, go through the interview process. If you want to be a UX designer, do not waste your time.

Customer Service Manager/Seattle WA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with several people in the the leadership group. I was impressed with the level of talent and dedication I encountered throughout the process. I was a finalist for the position, ultimatly an internal candidate was chosen for the position. Though I was disappointed I did not get the position its encouraging to see that they do promote internally. Overall the experience was very positive. I will continue to seek other potions within Booking.com that fit my skill set.

Interview Questions

• The final interview was very focused on describing my values.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tunis, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booking.com (Tunis, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend , the whole process took 1 week , a phone call from a HR recruiter and a technical phone screen with 2 engineers, both of the interviews went smooth and everybody was quite friendly , therefore i didnt get to the face to face interviews since my skills fields werent really required among the booking.com IT department, still was a nice experience though

Interview Questions

• Nothing really too fancy , some basic troubleshooting questions , including a root password update over 100 and 8k servers   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booking.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Do the language test at first. Then show you around the working environment where is quite friendly and relaxed. After that, you would have chance to know what you do in this position. At the end, HR manager would have personal interview with you!

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booking.com (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

language text, pretty easy, basic stuff. The will ask the question basic on your resume. To see if your certain skill background. If you are feel confident to deal with the customer issue,you are able to fit in this job.

Hotels Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booking.com (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, follow up phone interview with Office Manager from another area, in person interview with Snr Office Manager, Office Manager from another office and one additional person. I am not sure who the other person was, as he was not the one who was supposed to be present, however, he ended up leading the interview. They were all friendly but critical. Less interested in actual answers to their questions, more interested in hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• It's the end of the month and our budget is completely gone but I want to have a luncheon with a client. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with an employee who leaves their work station a mess.   Answer Question

Hotels Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It looks like I applied for the same job as another reviewer and also had a very similar experience. I applied online and was contacted within a few days. I had one phone interview with the recruiter, then was asked to email her answers to three questions. I had another phone interview with the manager that I would be reporting to two days later. There was a third interview the following week. That one was with two office managers who flew in for the interview and two managers in the office. They were well organized; all four had a copy of my resume and I'm certain they went over it, because they asked about something I had (stupidly) neglected to put on it. They seemed to have split up the questions they wanted to ask among one another, although one manager from the local office took the lead on the interview in general. The second local manager didn't really seem like he wanted to be there, but I can understand that after doing a whole day of interviews as well as probably needing to get his own work done. I felt rather annoyed through all the interviews because all the questions had nothing to do with the actual job duties. But, I am seeing, this is how most interviews seem to go. And the actual job description on the website also had nothing to do with the actual job duties. The job was described completely differently to me once the interview process started. But in a really good way, in my opinion. You'd be managing two offices (Orlando and Miami) and not doing a whole lot of administrative duties. Both pluses in my book. The manager you report to is supposed to come out for a few days to do some training. This position starts as a temp position for at least 30 days. They let you know that the first interview with the HR rep, and they will set you up with a temp agency... if you somehow manage to get this job. I'm a little cynical about them actually hiring anyone for it. I know that it was available in January (posted on their website on Jan 27) because I applied for it then. I googled and found another ad posted on Feb 17. The one I applied for was posted on their website on May 27, and I've seen postings for it Linkedin and Cragslist over the last few weeks and now there is a new posting today (July 9) on their website. I don't know if they hired someone and let them go and now they're really being careful, or what. I actually thought I was applying for a second position, since I knew they had an opening in January. When I found out it was only a single position, I got a little wary. Good luck to anyone who applies for this. I felt like I was a really good candidate. They're looking for someone with 2 - 3 years of experience; I have almost twenty. I know that I can do anything they would have needed me to do. I'm sure the others who were interviewed will tell you the same thing. And I'm sure you'll feel that way too.

Interview Questions

• - Why are you interested in working for booking.com? (Asked during - written email question, phone interview, face-to-face)   Answer Question
    • - What expectations do you have for the job? (Asked during - written email question)   Answer Question
    • - Why would you be a good fit? (Asked during - written email question)   Answer Question
    • - How would you integrate yourself in the first week? (Asked during - phone interview, face-to-face)   Answer Question
    • - Describe a situation where you had to be a team player. (Asked during - phone interview, face-to-face)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

Hiring process was very easy and smooth. I applied online as they posted their needs for bilingual customer service representative position. 2 days later I got email from "Jason" who's one of the amazing recruiters at the company. We did our 1st quick interview on Phone. And then he told me to do the 2nd interview at the company. I went and did 2 tests, one in English and one in my 2nd language. Each test takes 10 minutes. After that we did face to face interview and got informed i was hired

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email within a week. The one positive was that I was asked what time and date would work for me for the phone interview and the recruiter seemed willing to work around my schedule. The recruiter asked many behavioral based questions and asked about my professional experience. The recruier advised at the conclusion of the interview that she would be moving me on to the in person interview. About a week later I came into the offices and met with a Senior manager and another manager. Again asked a variety of question about my professional experience, behavioral questions and basic understanding of statistical data. Overall positive interaction with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How did I deliver difficult news to my team in the past? What types of information did I derive from certain report types....   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

Most friendly yet efficient interview I have ever had! Entire interview process was fairly quick and pleasant - including 30 mins of phone interview, 10 mins test of each English and 2nd language, face-to-face interview with a team leader and a recruiter. The work environment is quite casual and has plenty of vitality. Everyone I met at the interview was very friendly and professional as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the most rewarding customer service experience you had?   1 Answer