Booking.com

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booking.com.

I had a 30 minute phone interview and then exchanged emails for further questions. The employee that I spoke with was very helpful and honest about the job, benefits, and salary. Questions were basic about past experience, familiarity with customer service and the foreign language required.

Salary was livable, but not very profitable.

Cs Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booking.com.

Long details. Walk through shadow sit with people to hear them talk on the phone . Interview with 3 other people . explain and give examples of previous jobs. Listen to policy and take assessment

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Booking.com in November 2014.

I applied online. I was contacted by the recruiter a month later. The recruiter was very frazzled. It seems they will hire anyone. The one thing that I didn't like was the fact she didn't tell me upfront about the bad shift from 3-midnight, and that we couldn't pick our shift.

Contact Center Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booking.com in October 2014.

I applied online in the morning and got a call in the afternoon. The recruiter was nice and questioned my skill level and experience and then the doozy came, would I be interested in working on a temp basis, this would help them decide if I would fit or not. That was a strange request considering the job advertised as a full-time position. I agreed to an interview. I was not greeted by the recruiter and the person interviewing me was cold as ice - terrible interview, the interviewer did not know what a typical day for this position would be because she wasn't the manager for this position. I left that interview knowing I would not be sending a follow-up thank you to anyone in Booking.com.

Software Developer Willing to Learn Perl Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booking.com in October 2014.

I applied online, got the first call in less than one week and another week later I got the technical interview with two engineers. Everybody were nice, but the person from RH was extremely nice.
    They offered me to choose the language I want, I took C.

Interview Questions
    • I faced one question. Simple programing problem.
      The problem was, given two arrays, retrieve the minimal common element.

View Answer

Customer Service Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booking.com.

I've applied online but did not get any response. After a month HR staff called me asking if I'm still interested in this position and when I confirmed I've been invited for group assesment and 1:1 interview which took place the same day.

During the group assessment there was a typical presentation of company profile and work conditions from the HR side and short, basic presentation of candidates (name, nationality etc.). Then language test in EN and native language which required basically to write an answer for the client complaint. Then everyone had 1:1 meeting with CS and HR representants. Questions in general were very basic- what can you offer to booking,com? What is the most important in CS job? How would you manage with difficult situation? I've been also asked to act the phone conversation with complaining customer.

Salary is not negotiable and was given in the advert. My first bad impresion was when someone asked for the possibilities of grow inside of the company and the HR's answer was that they are looking for someone who will be dedicated to customer service role (!?). Sorry to say this but 1st line CS job is not a dreamed one for most of the people and if company offers very basic salary (lower than most european salaries in CS) and do not offers any posibilities to be promoted, it does not make a good impression in my opinion. HR and CS staff were quite friendly although had strange feeling that they had a little bit aggressive attitude so I'm not sure if this is the type of people I would like to work with. Information from HR about rejection my candidature came after few days which is a plus for the company.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booking.com in September 2014.

Phone interview went well and the HR Recruiter did a good job of explaining the position which matched the job description. He was very transparent and intentional with his overview and questions. The in person interview with the Site Director in Bellevue was very odd. It was VERY casual and he cut the interview short and did not communicate that he was short on time (another meeting) until we were deep into the interview. I went in speaking to what I thought was needed which was soft skills and development of the leads. What I later found out was that he was very interested in metrics to which he only asked one question and did not probe further into. I also got the feeling that since they were also trying to open another call center on the west coast that he did not trust anyone and therefore has continued to run a center with no management between him and the leads.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was the casual nature of the interview. It would almost serve you to ask what they are looking for right from the start regardless of what the job description says. Things were that casual.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booking.com in September 2014.

I applied for two position, both in Account Manager (but in two different cities in Italy). In the first case, HR forgot to call me for the interview twice. At the third time, she wrote me (on my request) telling me she changed role in the company. In the second case, I did the interview but they have never replied me back to tell me I wasn't chosen for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Normal questions about my current role, expectations and reason to change job.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I was contacted to advise my sched to set up an interview. I contacted them repeatedly as they requested. They never returned my calls or emails. Frustrating as they contacted me.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booking.com in August 2014.

First you need to be "friends" with your manager and veteran team leads. Then you will need to close your eyes to wrong things you see in the company. Now your ready. GO! In Orlando there are few superman and supersize team leads that can get you promoted fast. They also interview people on their direct team for positions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see someone doing something wrong in the company?   View Answer