Boom Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.0

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing.

Interview

Waited over an hour to be seen. Interview was pretty generic....brief over run of the company and position, questions pertaining to your work experience, and inquiry over your interest in the position. Grossly disappointed with the unprofessionalism of the hiring manager/director Whitney Hoppes. Although questions were encouraged, answers were vague and snippy.

Interview Questions

• Is this position interesting to you?   1 Answer

Summer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boom Marketing.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was contacted to come in for a face to face interview. I was called for a round two interview where I met a manager at an "event," or rather a booth set up in a Costco, to observe "direct marketing" and answer some questions. Upon further reflection I withdrew my application because it was a sales internship, not a marketing one.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between direct and indirect marketing?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boom Marketing.

Interview

The waiting room had blaring music and the receptionist was singing along. The receptionist was calling and scheduling interviews while multiple applicants were in the room. The firm only does events only out of Costco and Sam's Club. Asked if you were willing to drive 40 minutes to an hour to local Sam's Clubs and Costcos. Not what the job description sounded like at all... Not what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to drive 40 minutes to an hour to locations?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing.

Interview

Don't fall for their "marketing". This company is just a fancier version for brand ambassadors. The process took 2 days, after applying online they call me and set up an interview for the next day. I got there on time and the HR girl was late by more than half an hour. As I listened to the other interviews I realized that I was at the wrong place. Even if the girl at the front desk had me listen to rap and rock I could hear what was going on in the room next door. I honestly gave my best attitude but It's such a big disappointment when you apply for X position and they want you to start as a bran ambassador of one of their clients in their "venues" like Sams Club and Costco.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to drive 40+ hours for the different events?   Answer Question

It's not what I signed up for.

Event Planner/Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (Fairfax, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

This was for the new DC office in Fairfax, VA. I applied and was called the next day and I was able to get an interview for the very next day. I was running late, but they were very understandable. When I got there I understood why, like a hair dresser on Saturday there were two other people there for my same interview time. I remained open about this new venture, but it seemed that the job description that I applied to was replaced with another one another one. I’ve done event planning, I’m studying Marketing. My confidence in this position waned when my interviewer (lovely girl) said that sales and marketing are the same. Please stop saying that, it is an incorrect statement. After our chat I was invited to the second round of interviews, which was an onsite interview to experience an event for their client’s luxury merchandise. It was at a Sam’s Club and it was for a weight loss tea and it was with another candidate. I stayed engaged and open minded but I quickly realized that job was a temporary big box kiosk vendor. For 2 weeks you peddle the “luxury” wares of a client. You get Sunday off. Hours are M-F 11-7 Saturdays 10-8:30. There are training classes M-F 9-10am. And much like their website is just a bunch of buzzwords in sentence format, they are just as vague about pay. It’s either hourly OR commission, with ever is higher. Commission is 18% of sales rung. BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE! Not only is it like an infomercial, it’s also a pyramid scheme, in 3-6 months they want you to train 3-4 people to get events going and so on and after a year you work your way up to management which comes with basic benefits and the joy of basically running your own business. Also, there is apparently a cookie cutter blue print for selling a vast array of products, there shouldn’t be. When I declined the offer, the interviewer actually said “Well I was willing to humble myself to…” I bet you wouldn’t humble yourself after 28 with a mortgage not living at home with your parents. And for crying out loud, turn off that god awful music you have blaring at the office, it’s people can hear when they call the office.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in 50-60 hours of face to face selling for little to no pay   Answer Question

I didn't "humble' myself into foreclosure or car repossession

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boom Marketing in February 2014.

Interview

three step interview. had to write an essay.

Interview Questions

• write an essay about why I stand out from the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question

opportunity cost was too great.

"marketing Manager" (Cold Sales) Interview

Interview

Boom listed a dozen vague ads on craigslist. Boom refused to answer questions about the job, demanding that I come in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing in September 2013.

Interview

The interviews where conducted in a very professional manner. My issue was that the job description was very vague and misleading and salary and compensation were never discussed.

Interview Questions

Please see the above description of the interview process.

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I responded to a job post about an event planner position at Boom Marketing. After doing some online research I was very weary about the company. I heard a lot of things that lead me to believing this was one of those scam positions that prey on recent graduates. I was called in for the initial interview and things seemed good, although I was not able to ask any questions. A few hours after the initial interview I received a call back for a second interview. The second interview was at one of their road shows and that's when I saw evening red flags. They call themselves promotors but, lets be honest, they're sales people. Everyone starts at the very bottom as a "promotor" and gets paid $8/hour + commission. They're claiming that within 1 year you will be making $90K/year. And within less than 2 years you will be able to go off and own your own business. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. After my second interview I was told to answer 2 questions in an email. After answering the questions, I would receive a call to let me know if I made it to the final interview. Needless to say, I left the second interview and informed the company I was not interested.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions seemed to be normal interview questions. They did ask some questions with weird wording but the girl who interviewed me had only worked for them since April and didn't seem very experienced.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boom Marketing in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and they emailed and called me the next day. I thought they were a regular business with a full office but when I went to the interview it was just 1 woman in a 1 person office. It was just a tiny room rented out in a building full of these tiny "offices" occupied by all different people/businesses. I was shocked and wondered where I would be working? I thought it was very strange. This was only the initial interview so she asked basic questions and did not give me a chance to ask any of my own questions. After getting a call back for the second interview I realized what this company was. I applied for a manger, public relations, and marketing positions they posted about and once I got the chance to ask questions I realized this was a glorified pyramid scheme. I was not going to be doing any of the things they mentioned in their job post. They wanted me to solicit people in parking lots of big chain stores and sell them the products of the Boom Marketing clients. Completely misleading so I didn't go to the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any career and money or any other variables were no issue, what would it be?   Answer Question