Boostability

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Boostability.

I was sent a couple of emails to schedule an interview, the interview was awkward and difficult in that the interviewer really did not have any specific questions to ask to evaluate me on. The second interview was more of a group interview again seemed to lack direction and give no indication as to the feeling of where I stood. The third interview was much the same as the first, and I think really was just to get a feel of my personality to determine if I was a good fit.

Sep 4, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback, we are using the constructive comments we receive about our applicant process to improve the application experience for our candidates.

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boostability.

Was contacted twice via 'no-reply' email addresses asking me to come in for an interview. Being that I was unable to respond to the emails, I reached out to HR by phone. Left messages, emailed the recruiters. I was told they would get back to me. Two months later, no calls or emails have been returned. Incredibly unprofessional, no longer interested in working for a company that behaves in such a way.

Interview Questions
    • "When can you come in for an interview?"   View Answer

Sep 4, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback, and I wish you could have had a better experience. If you would be willing to email me directly I would love to have a better understanding of your situation to ensure we ... More

Senior Copy Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boostability.

I applied online in July 2014, then received an automated email telling me to take an online editing/writing test. This was the exact same test I had taken in late 2013. I edited the sentences using knowledge gained during 13+ years of daily newspaper experience and some recent freelance editing experience, plus did the two writing portions using the same standards and following the instructions given.

I did not get even a phone interview. I asked the hiring manager what skills I lacked. I was told that although my resume and experience were impressive, my editing/writing test did not meet their standards. I don't know what kind of standards they're looking for, because the editing test does not do a good job of explaining that for the sentence editing portion (other than saying to fix the sentences and rewriting is OK). The expectations for the writing portion are more clear, as the test does explain the difference between writing content and copy.

Interview Questions
    • Working a reference to "neck pillow" into one of the writing samples.   Answer Question

Sep 4, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the feedback, we are working on making improvements to the editing test to make it more effective and efficient.

Account Management Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boostability.

Applied online, got a form email (addressed to "Name") confirming an interview appointment. Showed up dressed to the nines, felt a little awkward to interview with two guys in ratty t-shirts and shorts. One of the interviewers made eye contact for a total of 5 seconds during the entire 30 minute interview, and said about 10 words total. Majority of the questions were entirely specific to details of SEO, the rest were entirely vague and had nothing to do with account management. At the end of the interview I was told I would "hear back either way within a week." Two weeks today and not a word.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly straightforward, but some didn't seem to apply to the position.   Answer Question

Partner Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boostability.

Spoke with their account management team lead, and had an in depth interview. We discussed the company, it's values, what it was looking for, and why. They asked the basic questions you would expect, and it seemed to be more of a gauge if you would fit with their company or if you would be able to excel - not necessarily previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about previous employment opportunities and how they could guarantee you would stay with this company longer than a year.   Answer Question
    I received an offer letter within 24 hours via email and accepted.

Premium SEO Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boostability in January 2014.

It seemed like a normal interview and not too challenging

Not much. This is your pay? Interested yes or no

Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Boostability.

The hiring process has improved dramatically since I first started. There are more standard questions, and the person giving the interview is usually the team lead over the team the candidate is applying for. The process is simply more stream lined than it has been in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Having to explain what I did differently between two experiences where I took a risk and failed vs. took a risk and succeeded.   Answer Question
    I was happy with the company's original offer, so there weren't many negotiations.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boostability in August 2013.

I was interviewed by the director of sales then by one of the team leads, they are looking for people that know how to work hard and preform but that will also add to the team as well. If you do anything sketchy (steal leads, attempt to steal deals, be toxic etc...) They have NO tolerance. Not like other sales floors at all.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly the only question that I couldn't answer was how soon do I want to find myself in a team lead position. I said 1 year and they told me that it was possible to be in a manager position in 3-6 months.   Answer Question
    15 an hour with a plan to become salaried at 40k a year. accepted the commission plan which has allowed me to make more than double my salary most pay checks.

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Boostability.

Standard 2 interviews, I was surprised with the casual atmosphere, but appreciated that it was a young company and

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really any room in the budget for a higher pay-grade, but my interviewer let me know there was definite chance for a higher salary in the near future.

Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boostability in January 2013.

Interview process was initially a phone call to go over my resume and to seek what I was looking for. After that I got a initial 1 on 1 interview to go over my experience and knowledge of SEO. The questions about SEO was very basic and not in depth. I feel while I was in there I was doing the interviewing. Overall it was decent.

Interview Questions
    • Not anything really difficult of questions that they asked me.   Answer Question
    No I was not for they say you are compensated for your performance with 90 day evaluations.