Boots Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boots (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and the assistant manager saw me right away (the manager was on holiday so couldn't conduct the interviews themselves), however she wasn't fully aware of when I had booked my interview slot..! She firstly told me a bit about the position, asked me to tell her a bit about myself and what experience is previously had. This was the extent of the questions! We then went on to the shop floor where she asked me to find the cheapest box of paracetamol there was, and to say what I would do to tidy up a shelf. From there we then went over to the No7 counter where I had chosen the face wipes to talk about and sell to a customer. We then went in to the back room and I explained that I would have to return to university in September which I knew would affect my chances, and she kindly told me that they were probably looking for someone who was going to be with them for a longer period of time, which was completely understandable, but she would see what she could do when deciding with the manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boots

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boots (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, filled in all the details and after few days received link confirming that I've passed first stage and for the second stage I was required to complete a quiz, which included more or less regular questions like "what would you do in a situation like...". After that received another email that I've passed the second stage too and that I'm invited to the interview where I'd have to have an interview with the manager and a practical task. Basically, for me they just gave one of their newest daytime creams (no.7) and I had to go talk to people and offer them to swap it. At the time of the interview the store was completely dead since it was around 9:30 therefore I didn't do very well. Approximately a week later I received another email that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you performed well under time pressure   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boots in May 2009.

Interview

After passing a lengthy phone interview which covered company history, makeup trends, and skin care trends I had an actual interview. Very chill. Just talked with the woman about makeup and skincare. Since skin car is the company's primary focus, you should be up to date on various competitors.