Boots

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Assistant Seasonal Interview

Customer Assistant Seasonal

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boots in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, quite a lengthy application. I got an email a day or 2 later to choose a time and date for interview. I went for the interview, just asked me all general questions like previous employers and experiences. Then went out onto shop floor where I had to engage customers in trying a hand product. I also had to choose a product to "sell" to the manager who was interviewing me.
She also asked me a few situation questions, like times I have used team work, times i have encouraged sales.
I got a call the same day to say I was hired and I started work within a week.

Interview Question – She asked me; if two customers come in store, one walks in confidently and walks straight to an aisle and grabs a product, another walks in looking around a bit lost, which customer needs most help? I answered that the 2nd customer needed help most but the correct answer was both.   Answer Question

Pre-Reg Interview

Pre-Reg
Alnwick, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boots in August 2012.

Interview Details – You have to first get into their summer placement before you will get picked as a pre-reg. Very tough competition there was lots of people competing for the job. But the way the choose their summer placement seems to be random.

Negotiation Details – nothing much really,

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Christmas Sales Assistant
Leicester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boots in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and had a phone call within a fortnight. The interview was in a different store than the one I was going to be working at, but at first I sat in a room in HR before I was called in. At first it was a one to one interview, quite casual in a large room. You have to fill out a test when you apply for the role, so we went over that and he said I had 85% which is about the usual for interviewee's. He then asked me about past experience, if I had training, experience working on a till. After that I went into a room with about 3 other people plus another manager, and we were given a product to look over for about a minute and then had to try and sell it to the manager, saying the pros and cons of the product. She was really nice though so it was quite easy.

Interview Question – Having to try and sell a product never seen before with only a minute of looking over it.   View Answer

Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boots in February 2013.

Interview Details – Online psychometic test, invite to interview, demonstrate your shopfloor helpfulness talking to customers and selling a boots product to the manager interviewing you, seemed fairly straight forward, making sure you answer STAR questions and testing that you are a really helpful ,pleasant person as sour faced people don't last long in Boots! You must be a total champion of customer is always right and that will wing it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you helped someone who didnt ask you for help   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasnt allowed to negotiate got told there was one role with 16hours it was temporary and I could have it in 3 days

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Christmas Sales Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Boots.

Interview Details – I had to apply online, the forms took longer than most places. At first I was declined straight away from one Boots, yet I was accepted from another dispute me putting the same answers. The interview was informal and chatty, I was asked why I wanted to work for Boots, where I've shown good team work and customer service skills and what I could provide for Boots. Then after that I was shown round the store, asked what I could do to improve messy aisles and was asked to sell one of Boots products. They called me later in the week to say that I had got the job and by the end of my Christmas job I was asked to continue working there.

Interview Question – All questions were the average interview questions so nothing really surprised me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Dispensing Assistant Interview

Dispensing Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at Boots in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, completed online assessment test. Got email to pick interview time slot, I chose and date was set.

Question including:
tell me about a time you helped a customer without them asking for help,
a time you went out of your way to help someone you didn’t know
a time you went above and beyond to help someone

Interview Question – Tell me a example to prove your excellent team work   Answer Question

Customer Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boots in November 2012.

Interview Details – Fast processing time for submitting the online application to the interview. First you complete the online application form then if successful you complete a basic online test to do with customer care. The best tip i can give is where you see the same question asked differently do not deviate from your thought process with previous answers, stay consistent. The interview wasn't very long. Questions were based around Boots as a company, customer care. Giving examples of a time when you went out of your way to help a stranger. Tell me about a product you use and how you would convince someone to buy it. Why do you want the job and what can you bring to the team?

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Very Easy Interview

Cosmetic Technologist Interview

Cosmetic Technologist
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boots in January 2014.

Interview Details – It is really easy, it is more like a chat with friends due to the ridiculously high turnover. First time you will turn up with some others and do a group exercise and they will assess you on communication and teamwork skills to see how well you fit in. The second part is just having a chat with one of the managers, not so much about what you have done as they wont understand it.

Interview Question – What do you know about our current range of products?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, I did this through HR over the phone.

Finance Interview

Finance
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Boots in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1. application
2. online test
3. telephone interview
4. interview- based on 2 group assessments, in a big group and small group, scheduling a line managers diary, as well as choosing a new product for boots to sell out of 4 products and why.
Role play- given a new store to open in different locations, sales information, rent, expenses etc provided, you have to choose the right store and why, informing the manager on your decision.
interview was very relaxed, asked questions similar to the phone interview.

Interview Question – role play- having to justify choice of new store.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boots

Interview Details – Initial online psychometric test, then an interview (at a large store as this position was at a newly-opening store). Was set some shop-floor tasks: find products, hand out baskets and leaflets, pack bags at the till, reorganise/tidy a messy shelf. Then there was a short interview with questions about why you wanted the job, and points from the application form.

Interview Question – What do you think is a personal weakness of yours?   View Answer

Worked for Boots? Contribute to the Community!